Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across

dangads895

First Name
Angad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
GOD DAMN THAT AJT FOB IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PUT TOGETHER!!!!!

After way too much time trying to sandwich the battery in there like the video showed, i ended up using a rubber band to hold the battery in place. Once it was put together right, i cut the rubber band so i cut pull it out. Got it on the first try with the rubber band, hopefully it saves someone else some time!

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
For those that have the AJT, how hard is it to use the key section alone? Is it truly that difficult to be able to use to unlock something? The AJT was great for my JK so I like the material and the look. I’d certainly entertain getting one but may end up getting a Gibson one (that one seems a little easier to be able to remove the fob and use the key if necessary).

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I've got a unused black fob I'll sell if anyone is interested. I ordered in 2019 and never got around to using it and don't think I ever will.

Sponsored

crlonner

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
@Rhinebeck01 was first to post this video link

From looking around the AJT website, I determined the Toyota owners are just as much addicts as the Jeep owners when it comes to modding their vehicles.
OUTSTANDING video !!! Thank you. Just one thought: Don't skip the section on moving the transponder. When I got the key fob cover in the mail, the installation looked very intuitive, so I just put it together. The last step was to put the key in the back, but I couldn't figure out how to remove the pin. So I went looking for a video or other instructions. Rather than skipping to the section on the key, I watched the whole video. Only then did I realize that there was a part in the factory key fob that needed to move over that was not intuitive (the transponder). It was no trivial matter to remove the chip. Turns out the even with a full assortment of screwdrivers and a utility knife, I had to break the factory fob casing to get the chip out in one piece. Oh well.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@crlonner

With setting up the new beta fob I am presently using/evaluating, etc., I mentioned in my last post, (it sure is so so small in comparison to the AJT Fob)...... ...... ...... I once again, found myself removing the RFID chip from a stock JL fob.

I have removed the chip from 6 stock fobs so far. Anyway, I have damaged no stock fobs while pulling the chip. I will admit the last one I did a few days ago, did make me work at it so to speak.

Anyway, I do not use a utility knife.

I keep in mind that the RFID chip is pretty stout, but it can be damaged/rendered useless if you cut into it or pierce it. So, I do not use a utility knife.

What I do is to take a thin but somewhat wide flat tip screwdriver and carefully drive (using a small mallet to tap firmly, on the handle of the screwdriver) it between the chip and the wall of the stock fob. When I do this the wall gives/spreads and then I can very carefully pry the chip up an out. The RFID chip has no problem handling the pressure of the screwdriver blade against it.

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
@crlonner

With setting up the new beta fob I am presently using/evaluating, etc., I mentioned in my last post, (it sure is so so small in comparison to the AJT Fob)...... ...... ...... I once again, found myself removing the RFID chip from a stock JL fob.
Is this the type of beta fob your testing?

Jeep Wrangler JL Terrific Aftermarket Fob I came across 2020-12-13 13.11.11

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this the type of beta fob your testing?
@mazeppa

Yes, similar.. but the one I have is solid black and buttonless. No cutesy markings on it like the one in your pic. Very small, fits in my jean's coin pocket.... actually gets lost in there it is so small. Way smaller then the AJT fob.

I have proximity so never use buttons or key.

I also have been been testing a 4 button one that is all black in color.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where can I get the left one??
@BCool

That tiny, aftermarket, lets call it, coffin style fob on the left in the pic, will be available in a few weeks, along with a slightly larger fob.

Apparently, both will be available in black, solid colors, and color mapping.... will also be available in smooth and a textured finish.... and they can be personalized. They are Made in the USA.

When the company offering them has a website store to buy them at, I will mention in this thread.

AZJim_JoAnn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2020 JL Sport S
Wow! That is amazing! I will gladly give my first born for one.

crlonner

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
@crlonner

I have removed the chip from 6 stock fobs so far. Anyway, I have damaged no stock fobs while pulling the chip. I will admit the last one I did a few days ago, did make me work at it so to speak.

Anyway, I do not use a utility knife.

I keep in mind that the RFID chip is pretty stout, but it can be damaged/rendered useless if you cut into it or pierce it. So, I do not use a utility knife.

What I do is to take a thin but somewhat wide flat tip screwdriver and carefully drive (using a small mallet to tap firmly, on the handle of the screwdriver) it between the chip and the wall of the stock fob. When I do this the wall gives/spreads and then I can very carefully pry the chip up an out. The RFID chip has no problem handling the pressure of the screwdriver blade against it.

With mine, I used a small screwdriver used for eyeglasses and it still couldn't get in. However, as I said, I was able to get the chip out without damaging the chip. But I did need to damage the original key fob cover.
Sponsored