Sponsored

Rear window defroster unsoldered?

Jeepy Jeepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Hi @Jeepsmashin ! Sorry to hear about the part delay you've been experiencing lately. Unfortunately, COVID-19 has placed an immense amount of pressure on our suppliers. However, I can certainly look into your situation if you'd like additional support. If this is something you're interested in, just send us a private message!

Courtney
Jeep Cares
4th time replacing a rear window because any repair the dealer attempted failed. Even had to tell them to check out the cable when I came to pick it up cause sure enough it came off. Debating on selling the JL... don't want to have to replace rear windows annually because no repair seems to work.
Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
I joined the club this morning. @JeepCares, this problem is so rampant it is unacceptable. Realy!? I will message you privately and I would like you to reach out to my crappy service department BEFORE my appointment to take it in this Thursday 1/21/21 at 0900 PST. Thanks šŸ‘
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear window defroster unsoldered? 4BB75D36-E2D3-4D58-8B1F-16E65286A694

Last edited:

TheDragonReborn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punkā€™n Sport S Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Sheep Herder
Add another one to the list. My passenger side wire came unsoldered. My jeep is a 2020 not even a year old yet. How has there not been a permanent fix for this yet?

I'll probably end up going the epoxy route as it seems even dealer replacement windows are failing as well. Has anyone had any successful repairs?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
4th time replacing a rear window because any repair the dealer attempted failed. Even had to tell them to check out the cable when I came to pick it up cause sure enough it came off. Debating on selling the JL... don't want to have to replace rear windows annually because no repair seems to work.
I joined the club this morning. @JeepCares, this problem is so rampant it is unacceptable. Realy!? I will message you privately and I would like you to reach out to my crappy service department BEFORE my appointment to take it in this Thursday 1/21/21 at 0900 PST. Thanks šŸ‘
Add another one to the list. My passenger side wire came unsoldered. My jeep is a 2020 not even a year old yet. How has there not been a permanent fix for this yet?

I'll probably end up going the epoxy route as it seems even dealer replacement windows are failing as well. Has anyone had any successful repairs?
Hi there-- thanks for reaching out. I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing these same concerns. Please feel free to send our JeepCares team a private message whenever you are experiencing concerns and would like us to look into it further for you. Should you need additional support while working alongside your dealer to get this addressed, we can certainly look into that as well! Thanks everyone!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took mine in yesterday. They did use the conductive epoxy kit that it lists in the TSB although when I looked there was a ribbon of epoxy running down my f'ing window from the reattached button.
I will be snapping the cap back down on the button this afternoon. They also told me they tested the circuit between the button cap and the window coils and confirmed there is still good current.

We shall see...

Sponsored

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
After waiting longer than 6 months that I took my jeep in to get the rear defroster looked at, they said that they would order a new rear window but they never did and after a few calls back and after waiting from to call me which they never did. I have appointment Monday, they said they will resolder the rear defroster, and if that doesn't work they could order a new rear window.

HoboJeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray
Got my new rear window this week after waiting since
September. Wire came loose on the passenger side in August. Early September dealer kept Jeep 3 days trying to reconnect the wire. Told me it was not working and they were ordering the new window.

Many calls and texts to dealer. Told window was on back order and hard to get. Finally they called last week and said it had come in. I don't have a lot of faith that this one will not do the same after reading the other posts here.

Lost all the stickers I had on my back window. So now I think I will start over and put them on the side windows instead.

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
After waiting longer than 6 months that I took my jeep in to get the rear defroster looked at, they said that they would order a new rear window but they never did and after a few calls back and after waiting from to call me which they never did. I have appointment Monday, they said they will resolder the rear defroster, and if that doesn't work they could order a new rear window.
Update i took my jeep back to the dealer again, they couldn't solder it back so they are going to go ahead and order a new rear window and ill have to go back again when it comes in.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took mine in yesterday. They did use the conductive epoxy kit that it lists in the TSB although when I looked there was a ribbon of epoxy running down my f'ing window from the reattached button.
I will be snapping the cap back down on the button this afternoon. They also told me they tested the circuit between the button cap and the window coils and confirmed there is still good current.

We shall see...
Aaaaaand... defrost not working. Took it BACK in already. It is still attached but nothing flowing through the back window. Also noticed it has definitely changed color/blanched significantly at the hub since it was "repaired."

They put me in a base renegade. Man what a dumb car. Who would buy this thing!?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Has this concern been resolved, Jeepsmashin? If not, send us a private message with more details so we can dig in further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They just called and told me they ordered a new rear glass. Said it could take a long time to get in and replace. Good thing it isn't the middle of winter here in eastern Washington. Great.

Jeepy Jeepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR

Mopar has a 2 year warranty from when the part is installed by the dealer... so it seems as though it's just going to be a rinse and repeat cycle.

Jeepy Jeepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
They just called and told me they ordered a new rear glass. Said it could take a long time to get in and replace. Good thing it isn't the middle of winter here in eastern Washington. Great.
I'm from western WA. Was told 1 week ETA on day of order... turned into being told mid march as of Tuesday this week... and I got a call today saying the glass is here. lol

Patthe

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler unlimited JL
8th(I think) fix did not work.
New plan replacing windows again for third time I think...
Windows back order will be a few month wait.

Been replace and fix so many time.
Jeep, the design is wrong. Why only the passenger side is doing this? I am not an engineer but I can clearly see there is a design issue.

My warranty end soon too also. So don't know what will happen once warranty is done as clearly there is a design issue.

Screenshot_20210226-094358_Photos.jpg

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
anything we can do for those of us that is hasn't come off yet? epoxy around the plug so it stays stuck to the window?
Sponsored