Sponsored

Refund for steel bumper and aux switches?

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I bought my Rubicon last month, and had an after sale work order for a steel bumper and aux switches. The dealership keeps giving me the run around, so I inquired about a refund (going with an aftermarket bumper and SPOD instead). They have been ignoring my phone calls and emails, so I plan on driving down there tomorrow. Has anyone encountered an issue like this before?
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I bought my Rubicon last month, and had an after sale work order for a steel bumper and aux switches. The dealership keeps giving me the run around, so I inquired about a refund (going with an aftermarket bumper and SPOD instead). They have been ignoring my phone calls and emails, so I plan on driving down there tomorrow. Has anyone encountered an issue like this before?
This is the point that I usually get my credit card company involved.

OP
OP
jl_explorer

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
This is the point that I usually get my credit card company involved.
I actually paid cash for it. Hopefully I didn't screw myself, because the work order has the parts, but no price. I need to go back and look at my contract for the details.

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I actually paid cash for it. Hopefully I didn't screw myself, because the work order has the parts, but no price. I need to go back and look at my contract for the details.
I would recommend almost never paying cash for anything for this reason. Not to mention, you can get points, cash back, miles etc by using a CC. You also get protection from stuff like this..

If you bought from a Jeep Dealer, I would email the Sales Manager and the General Manager. I work at a dealership... this is what will get the attention of people. Not emailing or calling the salesperson who are generally unreliable.

OP
OP
jl_explorer

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I would recommend almost never paying cash for anything for this reason. Not to mention, you can get points, cash back, miles etc by using a CC. You also get protection from stuff like this..

If you bought from a Jeep Dealer, I would email the Sales Manager and the General Manager. I work at a dealership... this is what will get the attention of people. Not emailing or calling the salesperson who are generally unreliable.
I should clarify, by cash I mean it was part of the sale and covered by my down payment. I left voicemails for the Finance Manager and Sales Manager, and I plan on going in tomorrow to speak to a sales manager in person, since no one is responding. Since you worked at the dealership, do you think they will give me a hard time about a refund? Worst case, I just have to continue to wait for the parts, but after two months and them not being able to give me any sort of timeframe, somewhat losing patience.

Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Talk to the Parts Manager. They usually know what is going on and can get things done.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Which dealership did you purchase from?

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Huntington Beach Jeep
I thought so... Afraid I figured it was HB Jeep when you said that you were getting the run around. I tried to purchase my JLU from them, but their way of doing business was infuriating! So I walked out the door and never came back.

Stay after them! Hoping you get it resolved.

OP
OP
jl_explorer

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I thought so... Afraid I figured it was HB Jeep when you said that you were getting the run around. I tried to purchase my JLU from them, but their way of doing business was infuriating! So I walked out the door and never came back.

Stay after them! Hoping you get it resolved.
i appreciate it. I may just bite the bullet and wait until the parts are in. Just hoping it won’t be another two months.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Squeaky wheel gets the grease!

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU white Rubicon, 2019 BMW R1250GSA 2019 Honda Talon 1000x
Tell them tomorrow that you're going to write; jeep, BBB, dealer rater, google review and Attorney General. (I've been a F&I manager for 25 yrs) That should get their attention! I would also call another dealer and get prices on parts and install so you know how much you can expect a refund. Just remember they are only going to give their cost on parts. You must find out hours of install too, most service departments don't give big discounts to the sales department. GOOD LUCK
Sponsored

Last edited: