Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious, why is the folding windshield an issue for you?
Not even a blip on my radar, actually. Just a simple agreement/response to the other members post.

I always get the door for when my wife's hopping in, and when it's raining, I palm the forward edge of the gutter to save her from the cold dribble. It usually runs down my arm and I'm left with a wet spot around my belt line. Even then, still no issue.

Since my mind has been brought back to it, I remember a long ago talk with a long gone friend. He was an old war veteran that spent a lot of time behind the wheel of the original GP vehicles. He said in was common to drive with the window folded down, to avoid the reflection of the windshield giving their position away, amongst other purposes. Pretty cool, I thought then and again now.

Cheers buddy!

Sol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JL Willys
1. Offer an I-6 or a smallish (4.8 to 5.3L) V-8 tuned to make torque at lower revs - personally, I see the 392 Hemi more as a means to get bragging numbers at a premium price rather than a practical application for the JL
2. Pair the above engine with a manual transmission
3. thru 9. Eliminate seven overlapping JL sub-models to make the selection process clearer
10. Allow ala carte option ordering for the JL models that remain

Absolutely nothing on my list will happen, but I can dream...

I totally agree.. it seems gimmicky to me.. I have never seen anybody lower their windshield while off-roading, desert running or the beach.. it could lower the cost... and still make the frame strong without the added weight..
You’re looking in the wrong places

BF2BF589-EECA-4C3F-B6B3-1379D7279CEA.jpeg

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Here are my thoughts on Jeep staying competitive:

I think the retractable power top in combination with the dual doors or just half doors with hard uppers is the way of the future, but with some much needed improvements.

Why?
  • You get the best of both worlds. Hard shell all around in the winter, and open air experience in the summer, all while, and this is key, much less effort or storage space needed.
But there is much room for improvement:
  • An $8,000 premium for this setup is absolutely ridiculous. Price must go down significantly for this setup.
  • The rear tailgate window must be easily removable.
  • Regarding the uppers of the half doors you must get rid of the vertical split, it is a blind spot, an eye sore, and limits air flow into the vehicle.
  • Different options for uppers of half doors, such as hard uppers with sliding glass window.
  • Make the power hard top black like the basic hard top. Enough of the color matched tops and fenders. Since currently the power top is limited to certain body colors this would open up the power top to a wider audience and those that like the classic black plastic fenders and top can have it in a power top.
Other things that could be nice:
  • Rear seats fold completely flat, not kind of flat.
  • Make sure the rear middle seat is usable. The rear seat must seat three comfortably. I consider the early JKs rear seat fairly comfortable for three. The Gladiator's rear seat are not comfortable for three. I think the JL rear seat currently may be OK. Don't mess it up with bucket seats. If anything make it better. A bench is great.
  • How about a removable 3rd row seat option?
  • How about a spare tire underneath the body as opposed to on the tailgate, and make it fit 37" tires (you say I'm dreaming?). I have a JK with no spare on the tailgate for over a decade and I absolutely love the visibility out back and being able to reach in over the tailgate to grab things easily.
  • Make the hard top (including power top) hold more weight with removable racks (including racks for powertop). Think kayaks, SUPs, etc.

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
1. Move front diff drain plug away from lowest point on bottom of the diff
2. Headrests that dont lean forward...especially in the rear where folks put carseats. Or allow rear headrests to be removable.
3. Front seat botton that lowers and tilts back more for taller drivers or move roll bar back. Allow rear seat back to tilt back more.
4. Get rid of the aluminum knuckles and crappy ball joints with plastic components.
5. Overhaul the problematic Aux battery design
6. Fix the rain gutters so water doesn't pour in jeep
7. Make proximity locks and LED lighting standard
8. Offer a 5.7 liter V8
9. Add a USB charging port at top of the dash near the windshield...it looks silly having a phone cord routed from current USB with cover flipped up across the console up to a phone mount on the dash.
10. Offer a marine grade interior like the bronco

Last edited:

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport; 2014 Grand Cherokee Ltd
It'a JEEP.

It has CHARACTER and history.

99% of those listed items would either reduce that, or increase the price.

Personally, I don't want either of those things to happen.

I knew what I was getting when I signed up.

I am thankful to have a vehicle that is so much fun - that I willingly pay the admission price.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
It'a JEEP.

It has CHARACTER and history.

99% of those listed items would either reduce that, or increase the price.

Half door options would reduce character? ....
Metal bumper option for all trim levels would reduce character? ...
Lack of aux battery and stop/start on Sport trim would increase price? ...
Mopar lifts available from factory would reduce character? ...
Trims being about 1,000 bucks cheaper would increase price? ...

You reading the same thread I'm readin?

And what's with the people who feel obligated to pop in and make (in their minds) revelatory observations about internet forum chatter? Is this your first day on the internet? Did you read the title of the thread? If you don't wanna hear people critique, don't click on it!

Sponsored

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport; 2014 Grand Cherokee Ltd
Half door options would reduce character? ....
Metal bumper option for all trim levels would reduce character? ...
Lack of aux battery and stop/start on Sport trim would increase price? ...
Mopar lifts available from factory would reduce character? ...
Trims being about 1,000 bucks cheaper would increase price? ...

You reading the same thread I'm readin?

And what's with the people who feel obligated to pop in and make (in their minds) revelatory observations about internet forum chatter? Is this your first day on the internet? Did you read the title of the thread? If you don't wanna hear people critique, don't click on it!
We differ on opinions. So be it. Relax.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I'll never understand wanting an option we already have to become standard. If you want that option, buy a Jeep with that option. Leave Jeeps as customizable as possible for all involved. Suggesting to lower pricing when they sell like crazy and retain their value is just ignorant. One thing with this forum that amazes is the same people that complain about wanting lower pricing always have every or almost every option on their Jeep :facepalm:

Some ideas I'd change off my head.

1. More gearing offerings from the factory. 3.73s/4.10s available on Sports/Saharas, 4.56/4.88s available on Rubicons, etc.

2. D44s aswell as lockers should be an option for all models. All models should have a factory lift available too.

3. ESS won't be going anywhere. There's too much $$$ involved. Jeep should offer a dual battery setup with no aux like the Genesis as an option from the factory.

4. Offer a non-convertible hard top that can't be removed and is better insulated. Appeals to the overlanding crowd but I'd imagine this would offer better highway driving due to better aerodynamics. Good for the legit mallcrawling crowd too. The interior would be a lot quieter.

5. I'm not sure if the 7' and 8' UConnects have this problem. When my 5' UConnect is turned off, the time should still be displayed on the black screen. A small issue but it grinds my gears to constantly be asked "what time is it?" when I'm focusing on the road.

6. A hood lock for the engine bay should be standard.

Last edited:

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
At least 6 Aux switches with the Tow Package/Upgraded Electric Package, not just just 4.
I am not being critical, truly wondering why you need 6? I cant even find enough stuff for the 4. What do you have hooked up? I am looking for ideas here!

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I'll never understand wanting an option we already have to become standard. If you want that option, buy a Jeep with that option. Leave Jeeps as customizable as possible for all involved. Suggesting to lower pricing when they sell like crazy and retain their value is just ignorant. One thing with this forum that amazes is the same people that complain about wanting lower pricing always have every or almost every option on their Jeep :facepalm:

Some ideas I'd change off my head.

1. More gearing offerings from the factory. 3.73s/4.10s available on Sports/Saharas, 4.56/4.88s available on Rubicons, etc.

2. D44s aswell as lockers should be an option for all models. All models should have a factory lift available too.

3. ESS won't be going anywhere. There's too much $$$ involved. Jeep should offer a dual battery setup with no aux like the Genesis as an option from the factory.

4. Offer a non-convertible hard top that can't be removed and is better insulated. Appeals to the overlanding crowd but I'd imagine this would offer better highway driving due to better aerodynamics. Good for the legit mallcrawling crowd too. The interior would be a lot quieter.

5. I'm not sure if the 7' and 8' UConnects have this problem. When my 5' UConnect is turned off, the time should still be displayed on the black screen. A small issue but it grinds my gears to constantly be asked "what time is it?" when I'm focusing on the road.
I own a 2020 JLUR, and would have appreciated a lower price tag. They are a depreciating object and like most things in the world, over priced in my opinion. Over priced by how much, that is an individual's opinion.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I am not being critical, truly wondering why you need 6? I cant even find enough stuff for the 4. What do you have hooked up? I am looking for ideas here!
I think six would be great. I have used three so far but could use at least two more. 1. Winch, 2. Baja light bar, 3. Oracle rear bumper lights. Yet to install; rock lights and side lighting. Many people also use these switches for CBs.
Sponsored