First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Jeepin' the Dream I - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeepin-the-dream.10162/
Jeepin' the Dream II - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeepin-the-dream-ii.31009/
Jeepin' the Dream III - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeepin-the-dream-iii.55694/

Hello!

This Jeepin' the Dream annual trip has become a tradition for me and I'm hoping my little girl will want to do this with me as she grows older. (Only 3 now.)

This year will be another trip out West. This time there's a stop in Missouri for the SMORR Top of the Ozarks Jamboree then onward to Moab, Ouray, Holy Cross, the Rubicon Jamboree, and a 3-4 day stop to see @mgroeger in Sand Hollow, UT. I haven't made up my mind on what to do after that. I've been tossing around the idea of heading back to the farm in MN and then up to Drummond Island to knock out that badge.

I'm getting this thread started so I can have something to edit over the next few months as the trip becomes more and more defined.

It's gonna be another epic trip!
Sponsored

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Following. I’m always looking for people to do Holy Cross with. If the date works out I’d love to join.
The way the schedule works out right now, we should be camping right outside the trailhead on July 30th to run it July 31st. We'll either camp again or stay in a hotel since one in our party will need to get to DEN to fly home.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
We will run Holy Cross again. See you then!

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The way the schedule works out right now, we should be camping right outside the trailhead on July 30th to run it July 31st. We'll either camp again or stay in a hotel since one in our party will need to get to DEN to fly home.
That should work out fine for me. I ran HC in an absolute downpour last August. It made that difficult trail pretty extreme in a few places. Managed to make it through without winching myself, but I winched 4 other Jeeps throughout the day. I look forward to a dryer day!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Holy Cross is only 8 hours from us. The boss was just saying it might be possible to meet you at a trail depending on schedule so keep the dates flowing. The probability isn't super high but it's something we might be able to swing.
One thing we forgot to mention regarding here in Hurricane, the temps in the summer. It is very realistic that for July and August the temps will be as high as 110 so daytime wheeling pretty much doesn't exist. Wheeling in the summer typically starts before dinner time and goes into the evening. Just wanted to put that out there. Last year there were nights where it was 9pm and still 100 degrees out but it feels nice since there is no humidity and the sun is down.

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Holy Cross is only 8 hours from us. The boss was just saying it might be possible to meet you at a trail depending on schedule so keep the dates flowing. The probability isn't super high but it's something we might be able to swing.
One thing we forgot to mention regarding here in Hurricane, the temps in the summer. It is very realistic that for July and August the temps will be as high as 110 so daytime wheeling pretty much doesn't exist. Wheeling in the summer typically starts before dinner time and goes into the evening. Just wanted to put that out there. Last year there were nights where it was 9pm and still 100 degrees out but it feels nice since there is no humidity and the sun is down.
Sounds good. Looking FWD to seeing you there. Lol

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
That should work out fine for me. I ran HC in an absolute downpour last August. It made that difficult trail pretty extreme in a few places. Managed to make it through without winching myself, but I winched 4 other Jeeps throughout the day. I look forward to a dryer day!
I ran it last year, as well. I can see several sections being super fun when wet. Lol. Dry wasn't bad at all. I really enjoyed it.

OP
OP
chevymitchell

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I've been looking at lighting. I'm not a big fan of aftermarket LED bars and all the lighting options, but I may give in and get something.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking at lighting. I'm not a big fan of aftermarket LED bars and all the lighting options, but I may give in and get something.
Neither am I but after this past Saturday I am a believer. We spent time on the mountain in the dark and I didn't like it. The desert is DARK at night if the moon isn't bright and you can be parked with a trail 20 feet to your side and if the light ain't hitting it you ain't seeing it. Almost took the group right into a dune... smh.
The Mrs. gave me her 6" RIGID lights she won and they are going on the front bumper. She just got some square A pillar mounts with side shooters option on them.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Finally...after sitting on the sidelines for the last 3 years, I’ll be able to tag along. Really looking forward to spending a couple weeks out west.
I just came to after passing out and hitting my head on the table. YOU are coming along too?!?! EPIC...

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just came to after passing out and hitting my head on the table. YOU are coming along too?!?! EPIC...
Yep, and I’ll be sure to post all about my adventures in the North Carolina Roll Call thread.
Sponsored