Let us hear that you want Core Doors!

Shelby73

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Man you had me jumping for the credit card till I saw it was fabric doors. Really looking for a set of hard half doors with uppers
Sponsored

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Any update on this? Time frame? Cost?

I’m afraid The price will probably be through the roof and nobody ends up buying them

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
I’m going to upgrade to the 4xe or the 392 once the early adopters help FCA Jeep work out many of the early edition bugs and recalls. I am considering the half door/dual door option.

If these were available, I’d totally get these instead and paint them body color and abandon the half door strategy.

Please update us @Bestop

Shelby73

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would love to find some one that is ordering a JLU and pay them for the dual option door group plus a little extra cash for their troubles. To me a Jeep isn’t really a Jeep without having half doors

Sponsored

MrJonnycat

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
I would love to find some one that is ordering a JLU and pay them for the dual option door group plus a little extra cash for their troubles. To me a Jeep isn’t really a Jeep without having half doors
I'm with you on the half doors Mark.....I ordered my Rubicon 392 with premium half doors as well! Nothing better than a Jeep rollin in the summer with half doors and no top!!

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Bestop...

Here is some advice:
- Make your uppers also work with the Jeep/Mopar OME half doors and make sure the entire window zips off (not just a section of it like the OME spy shots we’ve been seeing which are a blind spot, inconvenience, ugly, and a nuance)

this way you expand your customer market further beyond just buyers of your half doors to also buyers of the OME half doors.

MrJonnycat

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Bestop...

Here is some advice:
- Make your uppers also work with the Jeep/Mopar OME half doors and make sure the entire window zips off (not just a section of it like the OME spy shots we’ve been seeing which are a blind spot, inconvenience, ugly, and a nuance)

this way you expand your customer market further beyond just buyers of your half doors to also buyers of the OME half doors.
Right.....aren't those half door uppers with the strip in the front windows ridiculous?? Who in the hell thought that was a good idea??

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
As far as the core doors for the JL, myself and a buddy are still waiting for them. Would be a great addition for our summer trips. I mean I would still use my factory doors in the winter, but my buddy I have a feeling would run core doors year round.

MrJonnycat

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Like this?

2FECB59D-3F8D-475A-AF15-60FE2F3E59FB.jpeg
I bought a set of these for my last trip to Moab summer 2020, and were HUGELY disappointed in quality and fitment!! Didn't seal worth a shit, and many parts weren't set up correctly. Worked with Bestop for days trying to make them work, eventually had to send them back for a refund. Not my first set of 2 piece soft doors, but definitely my last! OEM half doors are the way to go for me :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey All,
Thanks for all the input you've provided. To those who are asking, the project has not been nixed, though it is also not launching right away either. I have no timeline of availability at this time but we appreciate all the interest. Until then, we have 2-piece soft doors available that are my personal favorite as well as Element Doors. Let me know if you have any questions or feel free to send me a message.
Thanks!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

rubigator

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hey All,
Thanks for all the input you've provided. To those who are asking, the project has not been nixed, though it is also not launching right away either. I have no timeline of availability at this time but we appreciate all the interest. Until then, we have 2-piece soft doors available that are my personal favorite as well as Element Doors. Let me know if you have any questions or feel free to send me a message.
Thanks!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Bummer. I need them by June for my Grand Canyon trip.
What is the return policy or how can I try your soft doors out?

Shelby73

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No offense but that’s a run-around answer if I ever heard one. If testing is needed please let me know. If not sounds like I better not hold my breath. Hopefully Mopar will release the half doors through their performance parts division

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
No offense but that’s a run-around answer if I ever heard one. If testing is needed please let me know. If not sounds like I better not hold my breath. Hopefully Mopar will release the half doors through their performance parts division
No runaround here @Shelby73. You're reading into it correctly, I wouldn't want you holding your breath for these is basically what I'm trying to say.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Bummer. I need them by June for my Grand Canyon trip.
What is the return policy or how can I try your soft doors out?
Your return policy will vary by reseller. They are a different animal and not for everyone.

Who are the 2-piece soft doors NOT for? People who are expecting a weather-proof seal from a fabric door at highway speeds. Or people who are expecting a quiet highway experience from a fabric door.

Who ARE the 2-piece doors for? People who are willing to put up with some compromises in order to have a flexible and fun door system. The will not keep out every single drop of water but they can be tossed in the back cargo area quickly and easily allowing you to make a road trip with full doors, then swap to 2-piece soft doors at the destination. Or cruise to a trial head with the 2-piece soft doors on, then cruise the trail doorless. They're a lot of fun and very adaptable, but by no means are they a substitution for full metal doors.

If you'd like to discuss these over the phone and what you can expect out of them, I'm happy to give you a call. Just let me know!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored