Half Doors - Who is gonna be 1st!?

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Hello all! I know there are several of us out there who have ordered the half door group and we also see questions about them.... anyone seen in person? Anything on dealer lots? When will they be available for order?!?!

I figured we can all post here for order date and updates on those orders as a one stop shop for all those waiting on or who have received their half door group. I'll go first...

JLUR ordered 12/5
Paint status allegedly completed and awaiting additional parts - I am thinking this is th dual door group that is holding up from shipping. Ship date was supposed to be 1/20.

Who else has ordered and when and what status are you in now?
Sponsored

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
JLR ordered 10/5/20
1/7/21 in paint
1/8/21 build sheet in crypto
1/12 allegedly built pending installation of additional features or optional equipment

Since I didn't order any Mopar equipment I too assume the holdup is the half doors

OP
OP
jhackathorne

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
JLR ordered 10/5/20
1/7/21 in paint
1/8/21 build sheet in crypto
1/12 allegedly built pending installation of additional features or optional equipment

Since I didn't order any Mopar equipment I too assume the holdup is the half doors
Is that correct... you ordered on 10/5?! Like October 5th? How have you waited so long so patiently?

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
I'm Oct. 28th order on my 2 door Willy's Sport with half doors. I just tell myself it'll get here when it gets here. I do watch some YouTube videos of similarly equipt Jeeps....

I've only seen three on the tracker so far with half doors- but I don't look at them all.

I did mention on another thread my Jeep was supposed to have manual locks and windows; however, my build sheet is showing power locks, mirrors, and windows in the options list now.... If correct I'm speculating all dual door groups may require power full doors and all half doors will be power locks/mirrors. 😑

Time will tell. I'm still hoping for manual locks/ windows!

OP
OP
jhackathorne

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I'm Oct. 28th order on my 2 door Willy's Sport with half doors. I just tell myself it'll get here when it gets here. I do watch some YouTube videos of similarly equipt Jeeps....

I've only seen three on the tracker so far with half doors- but I don't look at them all.

I did mention on another thread my Jeep was supposed to have manual locks and windows; however, my build sheet is showing power locks, mirrors, and windows in the options list now.... If correct I'm speculating all dual door groups may require power full doors and all half doors will be power locks/mirrors. 😑

Time will tell. I'm still hoping for manual locks/ windows!
What did ship date say for you guys? Mine was supposed to be 1/20 and salesman said it was showing 1/19 last week.

Sponsored

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did ship date say for you guys? Mine was supposed to be 1/20 and salesman said it was showing 1/19 last week.
Jan 8th: F- paint
Jan 11th: Build sheet showed up
Jan 12th: JB- body shop/installing addl parts.

I've only contacted Jeep Chat once to get the VIN, and my dealer once- to inquire about the build sheet showing the power options.... As I don't want them. 😑

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Is that correct... you ordered on 10/5?! Like October 5th? How have you waited so long so patiently?
Yep, put down a deposit October 5th. I'm a very patient person. I'd tell you stories about my legendary patience, but it's unlikely you are patient enough to listen to them :) I'm also very good looking. And humble, very humble. Which is difficult when you are as patient and good looking and smart as I am.

OP
OP
jhackathorne

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I am thinking it should be shortly at least. If you guys placed orders in October and they waited till December/January to build I would imagine the dual doors should be coming out soon. No one has heard from sales person about a ship date? I'll prob reach out to mine tomorrow and see if he has heard anything.

Sponsored

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Here is the "chat reply" I just got. I only contact once a week.
"I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process soon.
Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided."
Ha! I was told the exact same thing over a month ago. The following day I got an email congratulating me on the purchase of two (!!!) Ram trucks. Still no dealer ETA.

OP
OP
jhackathorne

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Checked with my salesman and no update on shipping. He agreed it is most likely still the Dual Door holding it up. No estimate on shipping still.

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got an email from my dealer today. Supposedly mine is scheduled to be shipped out on 03 Feb 2021. We'll see!

I don't care if I'm first; but if accurate the dual doors built already should start to roll out next week....

Not gonna hold my breath though!

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Got an email from my dealer today. Supposedly mine is scheduled to be shipped out on 03 Feb 2021. We'll see!

I don't care if I'm first; but if accurate the dual doors built already should start to roll out next week....

Not gonna hold my breath though!
That's great news! I agree, being first is no big deal, but an end to this long wait? Now that's a BIG DEAL!
Sponsored