First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I owned a 18 JLUR, then went to a truck, now back into a JLUR. Love it but I wish they'd fix some simple things and offer some things from Factory. Here's my top 10 from simple to more complex.

1. brighter LEDs in the interior. The lighting is terrible and an easy fix. $1-2 bucks maybe for brighter LEDS.
2. Tailgate compartment light. Yes you can add the Brawlee, but come on.
3. Auto UP windows. They have auto down already. Auto up exists in most of their product line. Not hard.
4. Wireless Apple Car Play vs having to plug in a wire. We have self driving car tech now, it can't be hard to cut the usb cord.
5. Something from the factory that prevents stuff from falling in between the seats into the abyss. I solved this with a $1 mod. Again, simple add.
6. Rear middle seat has ZERO support under it - just foam and fabric. I bought the mod from MetalCloak, but shouldn't have to.
7. Get rid of the flip up cover over the media connections panel.
8. Recessed power outlet in the tailgate compartment , or move it. When you plug something into it, currrent config makes the plug stick out and can be bashed.
9. Make the rear seats fold totally flat relative to the tailgate area. Toyota somehow figured this out with the 4Runner.
10. This one costs money. All things power connections. Put a second power outlet on right side of tail gate compartment area. Put plug-in easy power connection in rearview mirror stack to make dash cam, Radio, etc wiring less DIY. Add recessed power outlet connection to tray on top of dash, Add optional Overlanding power package: multi-plug-in-play power module panel (vs just one 12V outlet) in rear compartment so its less DIY to add accessories and less risk to wire poorly.

Bonus: Lasers. Passenger ejection seat.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
1. Stop water from running into the Jeep when the doors are open when its wet outside
2. A front window defroster that actually exits the whole vent opening at equal speed and heat. Instead it blasts out from the center section and trickles from the ends where is really matters.
3. 35's with proper gearing and suspension from factory as an option all models
4. Modular hard top with removable side and rear windows
5. Dana 44 axle options front and rear on all models
6. Lockers front and rear as an option all models
7. Rubicon fenders as an option all models
8. LED lighting package standard on all models
9. Lower pricing
10. Lower pricing

Bonus: Built in coffee maker and years supply of your coffee choice

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
I owned a 18 JLUR, then went to a truck, now back into a JLUR. Love it but I wish they'd fix some simple things and offer some things from Factory. Here's my top 10 from simple to more complex.

1. brighter LEDs in the interior. The lighting is terrible and an easy fix. $1-2 bucks maybe for brighter LEDS.
2. Tailgate compartment light. Yes you can add the Brawlee, but come on.
3. Auto UP windows. They have auto down already. Auto up exists in most of their product line. Not hard.
4. Wireless Apple Car Play vs having to plug in a wire. We have self driving car tech now, it can't be hard to cut the usb cord.
5. Something from the factory that prevents stuff from falling in between the seats into the abyss. I solved this with a $1 mod. Again, simple add.
6. Rear middle seat has ZERO support under it - just foam and fabric. I bought the mod from MORE, but shouldn't have to.
7. Get rid of the flip up cover over the media connections panel.
8. Recessed power outlet in the tailgate compartment , or move it. When you plug something into it, currrent config makes the plug stick out and can be bashed.
9. Make the rear seats fold totally flat relative to the tailgate area. Toyota somehow figured this out with the 4Runner.
10. This one costs money. All things power connections. Put a second power outlet on right side of tail gate compartment area. Put plug-in easy power connection in rearview mirror stack to make dash cam, Radio, etc wiring less DIY. Add recessed power outlet connection to tray on top of dash, Add optional Overlanding power package: multi-plug-in-play power module panel (vs just one 12V outlet) in rear compartment so its less DIY to add accessories and less risk to wire poorly.

Bonus: Lasers. Passenger ejection seat.
My one issue is the removal of the covers on the USB and AC Power on the dash. Those are their to prevent water and mud from entering and shorting them out.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Good ones so far. I can only think of a few others off the top of my head at the moment.

1. Half door options from the start
2. Detachable/relocatable mirrors from factory for doors off and other configs
3. Sport should have excluded push button start and aux battery with start/stop
4. Factory soft top interaction with the rear windshield plug/hose holder should have been engineered to not dig into the soft top when rolled down
5. Metal bumper option should have been available on all trims
6. Mopar lift options should be available from factory on all trims
7. Every trim should have been a bit cheaper. Nothing crazy, maybe 1,000 bucks give or take. A 2-door Sport with no options should not be approaching 35,000 bucks.

Sponsored

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
Good ones so far. I can only think of a few others off the top of my head at the moment.

1. Half door options from the start
2. Detachable/relocatable mirrors from factory for doors off and other configs
3. Sport should have excluded push button start and aux battery with start/stop
4. Factory soft top interaction with the rear windshield plug/hose holder should have been engineered to not dig into the soft top when rolled down
5. Metal bumper option should have been available on all trims
6. Mopar lift options should be available from factory on all trims
7. Every trim should have been a bit cheaper. Nothing crazy, maybe 1,000 bucks give or take. A 2-door Sport with no options should not be approaching 35,000 bucks.
If you spend 35k for your 2 door sport you got bent over...... I paid no where near that and i have the AC and Deep Tint windows added.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
If you spend 35k for your 2 door sport you got bent over...... I paid no where near that and i have the AC and Deep Tint windows added.
I have a JLU. I was just referring to the MSRP you'll get if you build one factory order.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I'd like to see a one piece hardtop, or better yet just a fully body, no removeable top at all. So much easier to to mount stuff up top and could get rid of the interior roll bar.

But, as for minor things, move the window switch to the doors and use the space in the dash for more acc switches.

If my doors are off, why do I need window switches in the dash.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
-HD axle package, 44s front and rear
-Eaton TrueTrac option front and rear
-Seat upholstery made from soft top fabric or water proof Cordura as an option
-Metal bumper option across all levels. Doesn’t have to the the Rubicon bumpers. Simple is better. And make the Rubicon rear bumper all metal. The plastic LP insert makes that side weak.
-3.73, 4.10, 4.30, 4.56 and 4.88 gearing as a factory option.
-Vinyl or BedRug flooring. Only the Sahara should have standard carpet.
-A quick release rear window on the hard top. It would be nice for driving around with the Freedom panels off and
make removing the hardtop easier.
—Removable side panels on the hardtop, like the Sky One Touch roof.

Last edited:

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
1. Offer optional gearing past 4.10 for all models (particularly Dana 44 Advantek axles).
2. Improve the backup LEDs so that we as Jeep owners do not have to supplement that lighting just to feel safe.
3. Offer an LED light bar for the back glass to be able to better see the cargo area.
4. Correct the buffeting effect on hard tops by redesigning it to be rigid enough to prevent the flex.
5. Increase the HP/TQ on Wrangler engines to match the highest levels offered in any FCA vehicle.
6. Redesign the oil cooler to make it completely out of aluminum with only the filter cap to be made of plastic.
7. Offer front and rear axle covers that have skid plates OR remove the drain plug from the housing(s).
8. Redesign the steering/suspension components to remove the crimped ends so that buyers who are not going to modify their Jeeps do not have to replace these parts to simply have a part that works as it should have from the start (aka limit death wobble).
9. Redesign the windshield so that it does not crack/star at the slightest impact
10. Add front parking sensors (similar to the rear) to aid with parking and increase safety.

Last edited:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The "New Owner " Stellantis " is all about consolidating and cutting costs. A lot of these suggestions could actually do that . Our protector, Mike Manley, pays attention to these posts. I say " protector " because he is now in charge of North America production, and has done wonders for Jeep and Ram.
Sponsored