Sponsored

Noise after shut down

Paulguy100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Most times when I shut the engine off there is this buzzing sound. Is this normal?
Sponsored

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Most times when I shut the engine off there is this buzzing sound. Is this normal?
Yes, lasts exactly 3 minutes. Coolant pump running to cool the turbo.

SteveSRT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali, 2021 392 Rubicon
Yes its normal. It's for the DEF fluid system. It pumps the DEF out of the lines and back into the tank because DEF can freeze below 12 degrees or crystalize in the lines and cause issues.

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Yes its normal. It's for the DEF fluid system. It pumps the DEF out of the lines and back into the tank because DEF can freeze below 12 degrees or crystalize in the lines and cause issues.
But that sound should come from the proximity of the exhaust or by the DEF tank according to the manual. This one comes from near the engine - from the hood.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
But that sound should come from the proximity of the exhaust or by the DEF tank according to the manual. This one comes from near the engine - from the hood.
I know there are some electric pumps that run and I here that right before shutdown, like when I put it in park .... a lot of things on the JL are driven by electric motors and switches and it took me awhile to get used to hearing different sounds
Sponsored