Sponsored

Bill Reiter

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Toyota FJ Cruiser; '08 Yukon; '05 CTS-V
Strange, the yellow and snazzberry are in the most recent order guide - perhaps they are late(r)-availability. Assuming Red was available now?
Yes, for the Rubicon 4xe the options were white, red, black, granite, billet silver, hydro blue, sting grey, and nacho. No yellow, snazzberry, or sarge green or that cool flat grey/powder blue color.
Sponsored

Bill Reiter

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The MSRP of 4xe (pretty loaded with options: body-colored fenders/top, steel bumpers, cold weather, towing, front camera) was just over $64K. I was contemplating the 392, and, truth be told, the hot-rodder in me would still prefer the 392, all things being equal, but taking into account the $9-10K (Correction: $5,250--see below) total tax credit in California for the 4xe, plus its 375 hp and torque that is essentially equal to the 392, it would be tough to justify paying $20K more for the 392 than the 4xe.

Last edited:

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
The MSRP of 4xe (pretty loaded with options: body-colored fenders/top, steel bumpers, cold weather, towing, front camera) was just over $64K. I was contemplating the 392, and, truth be told, the hot-rodder in me would still prefer the 392, all things being equal, but taking into account the $9-10K total tax credit in California for the 4xe, plus its 375 hp and torque that is essentially equal to the 392, it would be tough to justify paying $20K more for the 392 than the 4xe.
Money is what separated the two for me also.

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
The MSRP of 4xe (pretty loaded with options: body-colored fenders/top, steel bumpers, cold weather, towing, front camera) was just over $64K. I was contemplating the 392, and, truth be told, the hot-rodder in me would still prefer the 392, all things being equal, but taking into account the $9-10K total tax credit in California for the 4xe, plus its 375 hp and torque that is essentially equal to the 392, it would be tough to justify paying $20K more for the 392 than the 4xe.
Can you let me know which California-specific tax credit(s) you're referring to? I'm in CA as well and want to make sure I haven't missed any.

It doesn't qualify for $1000 Clean Vehicle Rebate Project bonus due to minimum range requirements.

It does qualify for the $1500 Clean Fuel Reward, but when I reached out to participating dealers, they were clueless about this and/or wouldn't budge below MSRP. I ended up just going out of state and giving this one up, as the cost savings still made it worthwhile.

Some utilities also have their own programs but mine (SoCal Edison) doesn't seem to at the moment.

Geesmill

First Name
Gees
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Duramax; Chevy Volt
Can you let me know which California-specific tax credit(s) you're referring to? I'm in CA as well and want to make sure I haven't missed any.

It doesn't qualify for $1000 Clean Vehicle Rebate Project bonus due to minimum range requirements.

It does qualify for the $1500 Clean Fuel Reward, but when I reached out to participating dealers, they were clueless about this and/or wouldn't budge below MSRP. I ended up just going out of state and giving this one up, as the cost savings still made it worthwhile.

Some utilities also have their own programs but mine (SoCal Edison) doesn't seem to at the moment.
Look outside of California. There are dealers in Idaho and Missouri that are dealing on the 4xe.

Sponsored

gman123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60, Volvo S60, Ordered 4XE Sahara
Anyone with a Sahara 4xe go into D1 yet? Or anyone have any pictures of the Sahara?

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
No pictures but wheels should be like High Altitude.
I think you're looking at what the Sahara will look like externally on page 1 of this thread.

Everything I can deduce:

True about the wheels above, based on the fact that the order guide says "20" fully painted wheels" (no color indicated), and the High Altitude package in the order guide does NOT list wheels as part of that package (most likely because they are already present in the Sahara), which leads me to believe they will be a 20" black wheel (either the same design as the regular ones (as seen on page 1 of this thread), or a new design specific to 4xe (betting not).

The Sahara (as probably all of them will - the base, Sahara, Rubicon) should have the blue accent 4xe on the rear, and the blue "wrangler" sticker, blue accent JEEP logo, and blue accent trail rated badge on the sides (as seen on page 1 of this thread, as well as the production line assembly video on YouTube) - but the Jeep website photos of the silver Rubicon all feature a black wrangler logo, though - but all actual production images I have seen actually have the blue wrangler logo. The Sahara will not have the blue tow hooks (according to the order guide, that is Rubicon only). And I don't believe it will have the 4xe hood graphic, though that's not apparent in any literature - the 4xe in the photos from page 1 of this thread doesn't have a hood graphic.

It looks like the Sahara interior will be the same as a non-4xe sahara (white stitching in the leather, door panels, and dash panels, etc).

TDangelo1219

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4Xe
I think you're looking at what the Sahara will look like externally on page 1 of this thread.

Everything I can deduce:

True about the wheels above, based on the fact that the order guide says "20" fully painted wheels" (no color indicated), and the High Altitude package in the order guide does NOT list wheels as part of that package (most likely because they are already present in the Sahara), which leads me to believe they will be a 20" black wheel (either the same design as the regular ones (as seen on page 1 of this thread), or a new design specific to 4xe (betting not).

The Sahara (as probably all of them will - the base, Sahara, Rubicon) should have the blue accent 4xe on the rear, and the blue "wrangler" sticker, blue accent JEEP logo, and blue accent trail rated badge on the sides (as seen on page 1 of this thread, as well as the production line assembly video on YouTube) - but the Jeep website photos of the silver Rubicon all feature a black wrangler logo, though - but all actual production images I have seen actually have the blue wrangler logo. The Sahara will not have the blue tow hooks (according to the order guide, that is Rubicon only). And I don't believe it will have the 4xe hood graphic, though that's not apparent in any literature - the 4xe in the photos from page 1 of this thread doesn't have a hood graphic.

It looks like the Sahara interior will be the same as a non-4xe sahara (white stitching in the leather, door panels, and dash panels, etc).
I think your spot on. The Jeep rep on the Chat the other day confirmed the wheels will be the same as the High Altitude

Sponsored

gman123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60, Volvo S60, Ordered 4XE Sahara
Anyone know if the Sahara 4xe is in production yet? I ordered jan 5th still D status. Anyone D1 yet?

Bill Reiter

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Are you certain about the 4xe not qualifying for the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project? I could not find any info indicating that it would not qualify. I presumed that the 4Xe wasn't listed on the site because it was not yet released.

Update: I checked the CVRP plan terms and it looks like the vehicle must have an all-electric range of at least 35 miles to qualify!! Damn!

It seems that some of the car mags should have been clearer when stating that that the 4xe would qualify for the $7,500 Fed tax credit. They should have stated up to a $7,500 tax credit. Even better, they could have specified the exact Fed credit-- by my calculation: $3,751 ($2,500 + $417 for every 5 Kwh battery capacity--4xe has 17.3 kwh battery so 3 x $417 = $1,251). That is certainly a far cry from $7500. After reading those articles, I had been under the impression that the Fed credi was a flat $7,500.

So,
$3,751 Fed
$1,500 Cal Clean Fuel Reward
$1,000 Cal Clean Vehicle Rebate (?)

Total: $5,250. That is a good deal less than the $9-10K "discount" that I was contemplating, but I think it still makes $ sense for me to get this rather than a "standard" petrol Rubi or the 392.

Don't forget that you get a Fed Tax credit of 30% of the costs (parts and installation) of an at-home charger (up to a max credit of $1,000).

TDangelo1219

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you certain about the 4xe not qualifying for the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project? I could not find any info indicating that it would not qualify. I presumed that the 4Xe wasn't listed on the site because it was not yet released.

Update: I checked the CVRP plan terms and it looks like the vehicle must have an all-electric range of at least 35 miles to qualify!! Damn!

It seems that some of the car mags should have been clearer when stating that that the 4xe would qualify for the $7,500 Fed tax credit. They should have stated up to a $7,500 tax credit. Even better, they could have specified the exact Fed credit-- by my calculation: $3,751 ($2,500 + $417 for every 5 Kwh battery capacity--4xe has 17.3 kwh battery so 3 x $417 = $1,251). That is certainly a far cry from $7500. After reading those articles, I had been under the impression that the Fed credi was a flat $7,500.

So,
$3,751 Fed
$1,500 Cal Clean Fuel Reward
$1,000 Cal Clean Vehicle Rebate (?)

Total: $5,250. That is a good deal less than the $9-10K "discount" that I was contemplating, but I think it still makes $ sense for me to get this rather than a "standard" petrol Rubi or the 392.

Don't forget that you get a Fed Tax credit of 30% of the costs (parts and installation) of an at-home charger (up to a max credit of $1,000).
It’s actually around $450 per Kw. So any vehicle with a battery capacity over 16.5 kw will qualify for the Full $7500 as long as that manufacturer hasn’t used all its credits. That’s why the battery size in the Pacifica was 16.6kw. I got $7500 back when I bought that van.

TDangelo1219

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know if the Sahara 4xe is in production yet? I ordered jan 5th still D status. Anyone D1 yet?
I ordered mine the same day and last Thursday (1/14) they told me they were still waiting on parts. Also said no 4Xe’s had shipped yet.

Bill Reiter

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s actually around $450 per Kw. So any vehicle with a battery capacity over 16.5 kw will qualify for the Full $7500 as long as that manufacturer hasn’t used all its credits. That’s why the battery size in the Pacifica was 16.6kw. I got $7500 back when I bought that van.
That's interesting-- it seems that the Pacifica was given some special allowance/consideration. Car and Driver (May '20) specified that the credit was figured at $2500 plus $417 for each 5 kwh's of battery capacity. USNews (June '20):

"Except for models from General Motors and Tesla, all mainstream, mass-produced full-electric vehicles on sale in America qualify for the full $7,500 credit. General Motors and Tesla have exceeded the sales volume cap of the federal program, making their vehicles ineligible for the full credit (or any federal credit, in the case of Tesla).

A few plug-in hybrids qualify for the full federal EV tax credit. The list includes the 2020 Toyota Prius Prime, 2020 Honda Clarity PHEV, 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid, and upcoming 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime. Other plug-in hybrids typically qualify for credits between about $3,500 and $6,300. "

Maybe the 4xe will get some special allowance, too??
Sponsored