Sponsored

$1000-2000 to invest...what to do first?

Buckzona

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU
Hi all. I'm fairly new to the off-road world and recently bought a 2021 JLUR with the 2.0L engine. I installed the Mopar 2" lift and have 35" Falken MT tires. I'm wondering what other Rubicon owners would do first if they had another $1,000 or $2,000 to invest. So many options! I plan on doing trails in Arizona (such as Schnebly Hill Road & Broken Arrow which I've already done) and possibly Moab in 2021. I appreciate your thoughts and guidance!

PXL_20210113_005536153.jpg
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Rear Diff skid and winch. Then go wheel it. Anything more you need for your driving/wheeling style will stick out. If you try to modify before you start wheeling, the mod list will be overwhelmingly large.

Seat time is the best place to put money, then buy the things you need as you gain experience.

Build for your confidence level and the things you'll actually do.

Sponsored

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Buying crap for your jeep is not investing.
Think of it as equipping or just having fun with your Jeep. As far as upgrades get armor, skid plates and good rock rails depending on how hard you want to wheel. Remember to keep the overall weight of your vehicle in mind, look at the weight of each skid or armor and compare the differences can be over 100 lbs for a bumper or more. Also be sure you have recovery equipment.

OP
OP
Buckzona

Buckzona

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU
Rear Diff skid and winch. Then go wheel it. Anything more you need for your driving/wheeling style will stick out. If you try to modify before you start wheeling, the mod list will be overwhelmingly large.

Seat time is the best place to put money, then buy the things you need as you gain experience.

Build for your confidence level and the things you'll actually do.
Thank you!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Buckzona

Buckzona

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU
Think of it as equipping or just having fun with your Jeep. As far as upgrades get armor, skid plates and good rock rails depending on how hard you want to wheel. Remember to keep the overall weight of your vehicle in mind, look at the weight of each skid or armor and compare the differences can be over 100 lbs for a bumper or more. Also be sure you have recovery equipment.
I consider putting money into my Jeep so my family and I can get out and enjoy the world like relatively few others an investment into living and well-being.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The Mopar lift kit leaves out a couple of key parts that can help maximize both on and offroad drive ability. An adjustable pair of front lower control arms will allow fine tuning of the caster angle. The 1/4" longer fixed arms that came with the kit are known for not being long enough, resulting in too low of a caster angle which causes steering wander. Next is adjustable track bars, front and rear, which will recenter the axles under the frame.

On top of their adjustability, they are also stronger and will help make the Jeep feel more solid and planted. In fact, the more factory arms and linkages that get replaced with stronger aftermarket ones, that solid and planted feel will increase.

Welcome to the community, and congrats on the new Jeep!

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I consider putting money into my Jeep so my family and I can get out and enjoy the world like relatively few others an investment into living and well-being.
That is an investment, well-being and family memories. I have very good memories of doing the Rubicon when I was 9-12 with my family.