Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The company that powder coated my rear bumper and hinged carrier, KK Finishing in Bohemia NY, also now has a secondary company, D-ring Shackle Supply Company, that offers 3/4" zinc-plated shackles in any color. They come complete with full silencer kits. I chose a red to match the Rubi rear tow hook that went with the factory rear bumper, and black silencers. They leave the shackle pins in their original black coating, so as to not tighten up the threading.

I also installed and wired up the SwitchPros 8-button panel and underhood controller. I've only been able to hook up the 1st pair of Squadron Pro spots, but the floods that will go outboard of the spots are due next week. Also have four amber LP4's and the 8-piece Lux rock lights due in the next week or so.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210117_133930

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210117_135535
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210117_125015
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210117_140757_resized

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Looks great!

I gotta pay forward the suggestion of the Rock Krawler No Limits front sway links. They are designed specifically for the Rubicons sway disconnect, and allow for the type of misalignment caused needed with the more flexible end of lifts.
What length did you get? I see they have 2.5-3.5 and 4.5–6 lift but no mention on actual length. I know with metal cloak the sway bar is supposed to be angled up more than stock a few degrees for more droop.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
What length did you get? I see they have 2.5-3.5 and 4.5–6 lift but no mention on actual length. I know with metal cloak the sway bar is supposed to be angled up more than stock a few degrees for more droop.
I went with the shorter ones, but I might have to double back and get the longer ones. That pic was before I started making tweaks and adjustments. The links are now extended to their max, but the flex of the 3.5" Gamechanger is no joke. Also in that pic, I had the lower shock bracket along with the upper. WAAYYY too much droop! I ditched the lower brackets and now only have the uppers in the front. Heres a pic taken a minute ago. I have them extended to the point where there is only the diameter of the studs length worth of threads in the main body. I'm thinking that the longer set could remain fully collapsed, while not limiting droop.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210117_142021

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
Drove by my local Ford dealer, and had to do a U-turn to check out two Bronco Sport's parked in front of the dealer. Wasn't even worth getting out of our Rubi, or worth taking a picture. What a couple of sh$tboxes... Small, cartoonish, and no bigger than a Rav 4. Holy crap.., I hope the other models are more impressive. Was hoping for some pressure on Jeep to pick up the game, but the Sport models aren't going to do it. Guess that is what happens when you share the Ranger platform....

YTBlue

First Name
YT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Edition
- Installed the H3R 2.5L Halguard fire extinguisher with Warn mount .. prettiest fire extinguisher I have seen

4EB107BB-B733-4285-9A11-1B378E84AFD9.jpeg
Just installed the H3R Performance HG250 HalGuard Fire Extinguisher in my JLU. Couldn't decide whether to go RED or BLACK, with RED of course being easier to find in an emergency but BLACK just looking badass with Sting-Gray and Black interior of my Willys. Went BLACK, using HGR NB300 mount and CoolTech bracket. Couldn't be happier with the whole package. And love working with H3R, a great company that really takes care of its customers.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Extinguisher

Last edited:

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I went with the shorter ones, but I might have to double back and get the longer ones. That pic was before I started making tweaks and adjustments. The links are now extended to their max, but the flex of the 3.5" Gamechanger is no joke. Also in that pic, I had the lower shock bracket along with the upper. WAAYYY too much droop! I ditched the lower brackets and now only have the uppers in the front. Heres a pic taken a minute ago. I have them extended to the point where there is only the diameter of the studs length worth of threads in the main body. I'm thinking that the longer set could remain fully collapsed, while not limiting droop.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Extinguisher
Thanks for the reply! Yeah I had a evo lift before and this one seems higher as you can tell by the sway bar angle. Also gained a few inches of up travel which is usable with the bumps.

I’ll have to contact rk and see what the length collapsed/extended are on them.

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Just installed the H3R Performance HG250 HalGuard Fire Extinguisher in my JLU. Couldn't decide whether to go RED or BLACK, with RED of course being easier to find in an emergency but BLACK just looking badass with Sting-Gray and Black interior of my Willys. Went BLACK, using HGR NB300 mount and CoolTech bracket. Couldn't be happier with the whole package.
That’s cool, I went with Chrome, looks good to me.
I might get the smaller one too and mount it to the front passenger seat.