First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
I ordered a Coverking headliner from Morris 4x4 back on November 30th. They had the headliner on sale at $299 plus were offering a $30 discount, so I decided to go ahead and order. When I ordered it I received an email that they should be contacting me to give my shipping information between 12/8 & 12/10. Okay so a week and a half before they were going to ship... Well I reached out to Morris 4x4 on the 9th since I hadnā€™t heard anything since I ordered. I got a reply that they would let me know sometime after the 10th regarding shipping. At the end of the day on the 10th (around 7:00pm EST) I again reached out. The next day (12/11) at 7:30pm I received another email from Morris 4x4 stating that they would not be shipping my order until sometime around 1/27/2021..... They gave the standard pandemic/natural disasters causing challenges, however I donā€™t get delays like that from anyone else when ordering online. Since they could not be upfront with me on the day I contacted them, I decided to cancel my order. Additionally with another 6 week delay that was not acceptable, especially in todayā€™s day and age when I can go to Amazon and order something and have it sitting on my doorstep within 1-2 days. Iā€™ll admit that maybe Iā€™m spoiled by having excellent online service and delivery, but a 2 month turn around from the day I ordered my headliner to the date they plan to ship is unacceptable. I really wanted to give Coverking a shot and was hoping it would be a good product because I have heard good things about them, but there are plenty of other headliners out there without having to wait 2 months to arrive. If you do plan to order a Coverking be prepared to wait.
I've had a similar experience. I ordered one for comparison on Nov 17th and it now has a ship date of Dec 31st. Hopefully I receive it soon.
Sponsored

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic
I bought my new 2021 Rubicon at night, and when I was test driving it and driving home on the freeway from the dealership, I kept thinking that this new Jeep seems a lot quieter than the 2020 Willy's (without headliners) I traded in for it...I just attributed that to different tires (which is most likely a factor), but the next day, I noticed it had the headliners option (While a paid attention to the window sticker, for some reason I did not notice the headliners). I was on a 350 mile road trip with the same friends that we did road trips in the 2020 Jeep, and they noticed how much quieter the new jeep is. I assume its the tires, but the headliner probably helps too. I'm glad I ended up buying that as an option, even if off the shelf options are cheaper. At least its installed and I don't have to worry about it.

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
I ordered a Coverking headliner from Morris 4x4 back on November 30th. They had the headliner on sale at $299 plus were offering a $30 discount, so I decided to go ahead and order. When I ordered it I received an email that they should be contacting me to give my shipping information between 12/8 & 12/10. Okay so a week and a half before they were going to ship... Well I reached out to Morris 4x4 on the 9th since I hadnā€™t heard anything since I ordered. I got a reply that they would let me know sometime after the 10th regarding shipping. At the end of the day on the 10th (around 7:00pm EST) I again reached out. The next day (12/11) at 7:30pm I received another email from Morris 4x4 stating that they would not be shipping my order until sometime around 1/27/2021..... They gave the standard pandemic/natural disasters causing challenges, however I donā€™t get delays like that from anyone else when ordering online. Since they could not be upfront with me on the day I contacted them, I decided to cancel my order. Additionally with another 6 week delay that was not acceptable, especially in todayā€™s day and age when I can go to Amazon and order something and have it sitting on my doorstep within 1-2 days. Iā€™ll admit that maybe Iā€™m spoiled by having excellent online service and delivery, but a 2 month turn around from the day I ordered my headliner to the date they plan to ship is unacceptable. I really wanted to give Coverking a shot and was hoping it would be a good product because I have heard good things about them, but there are plenty of other headliners out there without having to wait 2 months to arrive. If you do plan to order a Coverking be prepared to wait.
Howdy!
Coverking is currently experiencing delays hence the shipping date changes. They have had a large demand and plenty of people ordering through us. We as well as Coverking, I'm sure, appreciate any patience on it!

-Julia

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
One of the first things I did when I got my new Jeep was to buy the Hot Head Headliners. Much better quality than factory. Canā€™t beat the customer service. Very easy install. I would highly recommend these to anyone.

fredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Howdy!
Coverking is currently experiencing delays hence the shipping date changes. They have had a large demand and plenty of people ordering through us. We as well as Coverking, I'm sure, appreciate any patience on it!

-Julia
Julia,

I do have plenty of patience, however I think two months is completely unacceptable. Do you REALLY believe that two months is an acceptable amount of time? When I can go to Amazon and order other Jeep parts and accessories and have them delivered in just a few days, I donā€™t think an online company should have a two month delivery date considering the competition is so much better at delivery. Iā€™m sorry that you are having delivery issues, but I have decided I want to use your competition to deliver what I want when I want it, (without a two month delay) even if it means using another manufacturer or a different product.

Sponsored

Aloha Offroad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
Just want to add another favorable review for the @Hothead Headliners ! I bought a Jeep with just a soft top but then really wanted to do some overlanding/camping so I bought a hardtop and rooftop tent. My wife recently bought a Jeep that came with a Mopar headliner and I wanted to get one too. I read the reviews on Hotheads and decided go with them. I also got the sound assassin strips; you can definitely notice a difference with road noise! I'm not sure how much warmer it is because it hasn't been very cold yet but it looks a lot nicer and more finished inside the Jeep. Added bonus, I can put patches on my headliner and I don't think you can with Mopar.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Just want to add another favorable review for the @Hothead Headliners ! I bought a Jeep with just a soft top but then really wanted to do some overlanding/camping so I bought a hardtop and rooftop tent. My wife recently bought a Jeep that came with a Mopar headliner and I wanted to get one too. I read the reviews on Hotheads and decided go with them. I also got the sound assassin strips; you can definitely notice a difference with road noise! I'm not sure how much warmer it is because it hasn't been very cold yet but it looks a lot nicer and more finished inside the Jeep. Added bonus, I can put patches on my headliner and I don't think you can with Mopar.
Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience, Michael!

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
Ugh thinking about just getting the hotheads headliner for my jl, itā€™s just a hard pill to swallow cost wise but they (hot heads) have such a lot of raving reviews and living in north Texas it gets hot af. Wish they offered medical personnel discounts lol!!

Update: no medical person discount lol, pulled the trigger on the setup man thatā€™s alot of money for some headliners but I am going to run a sound test on this seeing how much it helps reduce outside noise compared to stock.

Last edited:

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Ugh thinking about just getting the hotheads headliner for my jl, itā€™s just a hard pill to swallow cost wise but they (hot heads) have such a lot of raving reviews and living in north Texas it gets hot af. Wish they offered medical personnel discounts lol!!

Update: no medical person discount lol, pulled the trigger on the setup man thatā€™s alot of money for some headliners but I am going to run a sound test on this seeing how much it helps reduce outside noise compared to stock.
Hi,
We do have an exclusive JL forum members discount running right now. The code JL12 will get you 12% off.
We hope that helps

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
Hi,
We do have an exclusive JL forum members discount running right now. The code JL12 will get you 12% off.
We hope that helps
I did use that and it helped but itā€™s still a pretty penny but I do look forward to receiving and do a sound comparison as I purchased the sound strips too and the window covers.

Sponsored

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I would have gone the hot heads route but wanted to try to make my own first to keep the cost down. 1/2ā€ foam insulation mounted with 3M double adhesive finished off with the fabric of your choice. Iā€™m under $100 for all the supplies and they make a huge difference

Jeep Wrangler JL Opinions on Hartop Headliner? F6E4AECB-5450-4CD1-B424-2D9A185ED5D0

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX

I live in Arizona and have the factory headliner and they (headliners) are well worth the cost, you will love the Hotheads! When you do your sound evaluations don't forget to take into account not only the reduction in ambient noise but equally important is the reduction in cabin noise due to reflections off the untreated hardtop ping-ponging about...Your music will sound clearer and conversations will be easier to understand when you are using hands free.

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
I would have gone the hot heads route but wanted to try to make my own first to keep the cost down. 1/2ā€ foam insulation mounted with 3M double adhesive finished off with the fabric of your choice. Iā€™m under $100 for all the supplies and they make a huge difference

Jeep Wrangler JL Opinions on Hartop Headliner? F6E4AECB-5450-4CD1-B424-2D9A185ED5D0
I would have done that but Iā€™m too lazy and horrible with crafts like that lol. I will give the hh headliners an independent review and test that sound comparison.

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
I live in Arizona and have the factory headliner and they (headliners) are well worth the cost, you will love the Hotheads! When you do your sound evaluations don't forget to take into account not only the reduction in ambient noise but equally important is the reduction in cabin noise due to reflections off the untreated hardtop ping-ponging about...Your music will sound clearer and conversations will be easier to understand when you are using hands free.
I will measure the overall sound in the cabin stock and then after headliner install and then try to take account for any vibrations or cabin echoing. I will remark on objective observations that are measurable vs subjective ones.
Sponsored