Adaptive cruise control recalibrate with lift

Torque77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Has anyone had a issue with the dealer recalibrating the adaptive cruise control after the windshield is replaced that has a lift on it? Mine is giving me a issue in the NE....
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Has anyone had a issue with the dealer recalibrating the adaptive cruise control after the windshield is replaced that has a lift on it? Mine is giving me a issue in the NE....
Hey, Torque77. Since it has been a few days, has this concern been resolved? If not, please send us a private message with more information.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Cbacon

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I did my lift myself. Dynatrac enduro 2" lift. No problems with adaptive cruise control.

Cbacon

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Sorry. Just saw the part about windshield. I have original windshield.

Sponsored

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Jeep should’ve even have come out with this piece of shit system if they can recalibrate it to a lifted Jeep.

How F@#%ing stupid are they? Oh yeah forgot people who get that option won’t lift their Jeep’s?

One would think at least at a bare minimum they would’ve made some accommodations for their 2” Mopar lift kit.

Sure glad I skipped that one

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep should’ve even have come out with this piece of shit system if they can recalibrate it to a lifted Jeep.

How F@#%ing stupid are they? Oh yeah forgot people who get that option won’t lift their Jeep’s?

One would think at least at a bare minimum they would’ve made some accommodations for their 2” Mopar lift kit.

Sure glad I skipped that one
I like the function of the system but it has caused two major headaches that I did not foresee. First is the recalibration if replacing the windshield. Second is that no shop is willing to do an alignment, because apparently that requires a recalibration of the camera system mounted in front of the rear view mirror as well. For that one I have a local shop that has been willing to put the Jeep on the rack and give me a print out of the numbers, but they won't adjust anything. That's fine by me as that's really all I wanted to verify anyway.

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I have the Mopar 2” lift and 35” (metric) tires. Safelite replaced my windshield and calibrated my jeep with no problems (at least none they told me and it works fine).

I have only had the dealer align it so far, so can’t comment on that.

OP
OP

Torque77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So after getting into arguments and going back and forth between safelite and jeep we have come to the conclusion that if it’s a 2019 Jeep JL the glass in those specific makes are totally different than the ones in 2020 and on. There is something different between the two glasses besides the 2020 just superseding with one letter difference in the part number. To make a long story short, safelite has finally made the decision to order the glass that jeep wants them to put in after much himming and hawwinggg. Has to be special ordered so I’ll be back in 2 weeks to see if the dealer is able to calibrate the ACC then....

PS Jeep cares was no help at all....

OP
OP

Torque77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So after getting into arguments and going back and forth between safelite and jeep we have come to the conclusion that if it’s a 2019 Jeep JL the glass in those specific makes are totally different than the ones in 2020 and on. There is something different between the two glasses besides the 2020 just superseding with one letter difference in the part number. To make a long story short, safelite has finally made the decision to order the glass that jeep wants them to put in after much himming and hawwinggg. Has to be special ordered so I’ll be back in 2 weeks to see if the dealer is able to calibrate the ACC then....

PS Jeep cares was no help at all....
So here we are another 3 weeks after the fact and I’m still stuck in the same spot as the star report that jeep did at the dealer wanted Safelite to install the original mopar glass (ending in AC)but they installed the superseded mopar glass ending in AD....come to find out they don’t make the AC glass anymore and still stuck in a bickering war of bs of who is at fault.

Sponsored

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Mopar 2” lift and 35” (metric) tires. Safelite replaced my windshield and calibrated my jeep with no problems (at least none they told me and it works fine).

I have only had the dealer align it so far, so can’t comment on that.
Exact same here. I had the dealer install my Mopar lift (315/70/17s), cracked windshield, then Safelite replaced my windshield and recalibrated the radar and everything seems to work fine.

OP
OP

Torque77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Exact same here. I had the dealer install my Mopar lift (315/70/17s), cracked windshield, then Safelite replaced my windshield and recalibrated the radar and everything seems to work fine.
Son of a pup....anyway you can get me part number your glass is? It’s on the lower right side and will end with either AC or AD (drivers side). What year is yours?

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Son of a pup....anyway you can get me part number your glass is? It’s on the lower right side and will end with either AC or AD (drivers side). What year is yours?
Mine is a 2020. Yeah I can check it tomorrow.

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I took a screenshot of my receipt that I was able to download now. Let me know if you still need me to check the actual number on the windshield.
Jeep Wrangler JL Adaptive cruise control recalibrate with lift Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 6.14.02 PM