Sponsored

Taking Delivery of my JL!

breakerbaker

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.0 JLU Sport S, 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650, 2003 100th Anniversary Harley-Davidson Softtail
Occupation
Navy Doc
I am taking delivery of my 2021 JLU Sport today and would like to know what I should check and look out for before I sign the papers. This is my first new vehicle and Jeep! I am aware of the paint bubbles/issues at the hinges and tailgate as well as the fuses. Anything else I should be aware of? Can't wait to join the community!
Sponsored

BullittEV

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S, 2017 Corvette GS
1. I hate you
2. I just placed my JLU Sport S order 1 few days ago.
3. Jk about #1

How long did it take for your order to come in?? I'm in SD also- ordered from CDJR off the 8 West.

From reading the forum, aside from the paint issues you know about, make sure you check your oil level- seems like some dealers are going by the old oil capacity of 6 qts- but seems now its 5. I am not sure if your 2.0L has the same issue.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
If you have a soft top, make sure you look too. I read one post of someone going to pick up their new jeep and the roof had some of the metal poking thru the fabric. Also, check all the electronics that you can (radio, back up camera, etc). This isn't anything specific with Jeeps, just always a good idea when picking up a modern vehicle.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
I'm jelly. We drove from CT to MD to pickup our JL and it was a fantastic time/memory.

The salesman will do a walkthrough of the Jeep with you but on top of what was mentioned above check the tire pressure. Apparently they overinflate them and will be in the low 40s. I did not know this and on the way home we had to go on the chesapeake bay bridge and it felt like riding on a pogo stick across the bridge.

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Before you sign the papers take the vehicle on a 30 minute drive to make sure the ride and steering are ok, then look at the vehicle in outdoor lighting and check the paint for any imperfections are accidental scratches, have salesman walk your through all the features and ensure everything works, then sign papers and drive off with a big smile on your face...

Sponsored

OP
OP
breakerbaker

breakerbaker

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.0 JLU Sport S, 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650, 2003 100th Anniversary Harley-Davidson Softtail
Occupation
Navy Doc
1. I hate you
2. I just placed my JLU Sport S order 1 few days ago.
3. Jk about #1

How long did it take for your order to come in?? I'm in SD also- ordered from CDJR off the 8 West.

From reading the forum, aside from the paint issues you know about, make sure you check your oil level- seems like some dealers are going by the old oil capacity of 6 qts- but seems now its 5. I am not sure if your 2.0L has the same issue.
I actually ordered mine when I was overseas (Guam) with Military Auto Source, it was cheaper. Going this route, however, takes longer... Ordered 10/16/20 and delivered to the dealership of my choice.

We drove from CT to MD to pickup our JL
I ordered mine when I was overseas and was able to get it delivered to a dealer of my choice... so I had it delivered to the closest one... I am actually from Maryland and have driven the bay Bridge many times, hope it wasn't windy!

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Congratulations on your new Jeep! Be sure to post a photo!

There is a delivery checklist available in the Ordering, Pricing, Production, Tracking forum entitled "Interactive Delivery Checklist for Jeep Wrangler JL / JLU". You may want to input your trim level into this checklist, then review the checklist it generates for you.

Whether you use a checklist or not, do a thorough walk around, inspect fit and finish, and check that any options have been installed and "small parts" such as tool kit are present. Do a lengthy test drive (hopefully at appropriate tire pressures) at various speeds, listening to the vehicle and get a feel for the steering.

If you find a minor deficiency that does not prevent you from taking delivery, be sure it gets documented and that a clear, timely path to resolving the deficiency is in place (e.g., a "due bill" is created for a missing item).

...and check the fuses. ;)

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR