Sponsored

37s on Stock Wheels with No Wheel Spacers

Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
We are at Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer, Texas! Itā€™s the closest park to where we livešŸ‘šŸ»
Nice! I was planning to get out there this past spring before stupid Covid hit.

I've got near 20k miles on 37s, stock wheels, no lift, but with wheel spacers. I drag my belly alot

OP
OP
Gotcha-Again-LOL

Gotcha-Again-LOL

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon Mojito
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! I was planning to get out there this past spring before stupid Covid hit.

I've got near 20k miles on 37s, stock wheels, no lift, but with wheel spacers. I drag my belly alot
Hahah dude no lift thatā€™s amazing! Yeah I could definitely see the belly drag happening lol...but hey it drives really well Iā€™ll bet. One thing people donā€™t think about much is how much a lift affects your aero and fuel economy...just the 2 inch lift on my jeep and stock tires took 1.5-2 Highway MPG away because it dropped my axles below the wind diffuser on the bumper and also I took that off as well šŸ˜† so now air drags on way more from the front end and axles etc.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hahah dude no lift thatā€™s amazing! Yeah I could definitely see the belly drag happening lol...but hey it drives really well Iā€™ll bet. One thing people donā€™t think about much is how much a lift affects your aero and fuel economy...just the 2 inch lift on my jeep and stock tires took 1.5-2 Highway MPG away because it dropped my axles below the wind diffuser on the bumper and also I took that off as well šŸ˜† so now air drags on way more from the front end and axles etc.
Drives fantastic, no negative attributes I've found anywhere. I swapped to a tube bumper, and my mpg is not impressive. I can pull 20-23 at 55mph but running 80 on any of our Texas interstates has me in the 11-14 range. These JLs aren't that easy to push through thick humid coastal air

OP
OP
Gotcha-Again-LOL

Gotcha-Again-LOL

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Drives fantastic, no negative attributes I've found anywhere. I swapped to a tube bumper, and my mpg is not impressive. I can pull 20-23 at 55mph but running 80 on any of our Texas interstates has me in the 11-14 range. These JLs aren't that easy to push through thick humid coastal air
Dude that is the truth...55 mph can get awesome mpgs...once your at highway speed that drops lol but hey itā€™s way better than a 3.8 JK or TJ at that speed for sure!

OP
OP
Gotcha-Again-LOL

Gotcha-Again-LOL

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We are heading to Marble Falls to ride the Hidden Valley ORV Park! Will have videos soon!

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
That's what TerraFlex says too. But 99% of the post claims it's the rotational inertia of the wheel. But the rotational inertia increase in insignificant compared to the mass of the vehicle and the Brick becoming a aerodynamic bigger brick. Mag wheels were invented to reduce rotational inertial in extreme acceleration of dragsters, not to increase MPG at constant speed or mild acceleration.

AU_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
How are people running stock wheels with no spacers? Doesnā€™t the extended rear swaybar links from your lift kit run on the inside of the stock wheels? Whatā€™s the solution for that?
Sponsored

Reactions: J0E