Sponsored

Would 5'6" wife have issues climbing in / out of Rubicon?

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
My wife is also 5’6” and she had absolutely no trouble whatsoever getting in the Jeep. She is 27 though.

Getting in maybe an issue in about 50 years or so for her but for now no problem at all. And that was with no side steps at all.
Sponsored

Redbaron73

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport s unlimited;2020 Rubicon Unlimited
wow those are expensive, at that price ill step to the mopar for a few dollars more.
If you intend on wheeling hard, then the ace is the way to go. Otherwise, yes too much for just trails and roads.

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
Wife is shorter than that and asked for me to mount step up. We also have roll bar grab handles. Sorry they are muddy she decided to try out 4 wheeling in mud for the first time. They aren't rock sliders but I can throw factory sliders on if we are going to do some rock climbing.
Jeep Wrangler JL Would 5'6" wife have issues climbing in / out of Rubicon? PXL_20210110_210937758

Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I’m 5’6” and get in and out just fine. The grab handle on the Pilar is a big help. I question what my seat bolster will look like in a few years climbing in and out though. I’m on 35’s so it’s up an inch over stock

Sponsored

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Wife and I are both 5'6". I have no issue getting in and out but she didn't appreciate it so we added a step slider. In the not-recommended pile, the GoRhino ones I have are not great. They haven't held up well on the rocks and were a real pain to get on. I'd go with the ACE ones honestly if I was going to do it again.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Get you a set of RSE powered rock rails. No issues.
i really love those... has anyone found an actual installation video? I am wondering how complex the install is. At just under 2k id hate to have to pay more to get them installed as I'm far from handy. The promo video advises its simple with no drilling slicing ect but id like to see it actually done before dropping 2k

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Is RSE on this forum? I dont see them in the sponsors

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Another recommendation for ACE rock rails. I tried to include the OEM $975 ones when I ordered, but they can't be fitted to a diesel.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
my wife is 5'2"/45 and its her primary vehicle, she also drives my manual just fine-both rubicons-mine's a bit higher.

If she is questioning it, there is a reason.

But yes, I know people shorter than her that drive larger vehicles just fine and can get into and out of them.

PS-one of the older ladies at our kids school (70s and shorter, and prob with back issues) drives a rubicon w tube doors.

it's alright. It's kinda funny, that lady really 'out jeeps' us. One day hard top, next, off. lol.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My wife is 5'6. Would she have trouble getting into and out of a JL Rubicon compared to a Sport S?
I'm 5'4" and the wife is 5'5"

Grab handles help, but aren't needed. Side steps are super nice, but I rarely use them to get in the vehicle. I find it easiest to just put my foot in the footwell and "step into" the vehicle.

That's on a Rubicon w/2" lift and 33s...

I wouldn't let height limit your trim decision. I'd let things like creature comforts and vehicle use case, etc., play bigger factors.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I wish I had ordered these. Just $1k scared me away. Looking back now, I should have ordered these because I'm gonna end up spending at least $1k anyway and now I'm gonna have to do the labor dooooh. Oh well, live and learn
Barricade rock sliders with step, they've held up great to rocks and mount to the body mounts, far stronger than the factory rubicon rails that mount to the pinch seem. ~$350 shipped if I recall correctly.
Jeep Wrangler JL Would 5'6" wife have issues climbing in / out of Rubicon? IMG_20201128_155600_277