Oracle Oculus High beam intermittent of Drivers side only

recartier

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep sport
Need some feedback on the issue I am experiencing with brand new Oracle Oculus. lights..

They work for the most part but the driver side is intermittently not engaging into high beam. There is no rhyme or reason. I sent it back to Oracle and they tested and found no issues. After discussing with the tech. the topic came up on the can-bus system and how it is quite possible that I need to flash the computer to see these as LED's . He stated it was more a problem with JK's but it is possible that I am seeing this on my JL. It is a new JLU 7/2020 . Do I need to have the dealer flash it to LED .. Or Do I need to purchase a Taser Lite to switch it myself and have it going forward for other possible upgrades. Not sure worth the investment since I dont see myself doing large upgrades. .

Just was little confused about the inability to switch to high beams had anything to do with the CAN-BUS. I get no errors
Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.. Thanks
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If you plan on doing many mods, just go ahead and get the Tazer.

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
So you had Halogen OEM and bought their plug and pay with Halos using the fuse tap?

I sent @ORACLElights a DM about flashing the system to read the lights as LED despite them being plug and play. Didn’t hear back.

I’m wondering what affect if any it would have as well. So far mine work with no flash but I’m getting a Tazr for other items too.

Good luck.

Epilogue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I was experiencing flickering and intermittent issues with the high beams with my Oracle Oculus headlights. I set headlights to LED using a Tazer and it fixed the issue 100%. 2018 JLU Sport with halogens stock.

As many others have said, it’s totally worth the money to pick up the Tazer if you’re modding your Jeep at all. I also installed Rubicon fenders with LEDs and it worked perfectly to get the fender running lights set up the same as stock.

OP
OP
recartier

recartier

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep sport
I was experiencing flickering and intermittent issues with the high beams with my Oracle Oculus headlights. I set headlights to LED using a Tazer and it fixed the issue 100%. 2018 JLU Sport with halogens stock.

As many others have said, it’s totally worth the money to pick up the Tazer if you’re modding your Jeep at all. I also installed Rubicon fenders with LEDs and it worked perfectly to get the fender running lights set up the same as stock.
Thanks while I didnt have flickering I definitely have issues with High beam..
I appreaciate the response

Sponsored

OP
OP
recartier

recartier

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep sport
So you had Halogen OEM and bought their plug and pay with Halos using the fuse tap?

I sent @ORACLElights a DM about flashing the system to read the lights as LED despite them being plug and play. Didn’t hear back.

I’m wondering what affect if any it would have as well. So far mine work with no flash but I’m getting a Tazr for other items too.

Good luck.
yes I have halogen and went to the Oculus at first it was working fine then it started to be intermittent with driver side high beams. It didnt make sense that it could be the can-bus system.
After discussion with he tech at Oracle the idea came up about flashing the can-bus to LED. He did say that while it isnt common on the JL it was more an issue on JK's but I guess it is a crap shoot.
So I will probably purchase a Taser mini. I dont think the lite will allow me to program the Lights.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
yes I have halogen and went to the Oculus at first it was working fine then it started to be intermittent with driver side high beams. It didnt make sense that it could be the can-bus system.
After discussion with he tech at Oracle the idea came up about flashing the can-bus to LED. He did say that while it isnt common on the JL it was more an issue on JK's but I guess it is a crap shoot.
So I will probably purchase a Taser mini. I dont think the lite will allow me to program the Lights.
Hi Robert, glad you were able to speak with a technician on this. Please reach out again if you have other questions or need troubleshooting with a tech again.

Good luck.
Hey there, I'm not seeing a DM from you in our inbox so I'm sorry that you've been needing help. Can you resend or our support team is available quickly by phone as well at 1-800-407-5776.

OP
OP
recartier

recartier

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep sport
Thanks while I didnt have flickering I definitely have issues with High beam..
I appreaciate the response
yea I just checked with the dealer while they only charge $67.50 + tax they wont do it on anything but OEM. so there is only 1 way to fix this Tazer JL MIni

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
yea I just checked with the dealer while they only charge $67.50 + tax they wont do it on anything but OEM. so there is only 1 way to fix this Tazer JL MIni
the dealer isn’t really allowed to do it, because what they have to do is set the sales code and then update the BCM. The sales code is specific to the Mopar lights.
Sponsored