Perfect used JL for me but no Tow Package

Bushfam5

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I found a very nice but basic used 2020 Unlimited JL Sport that would work for me BUT it doesn't have the Tow/Electrical package. Does this package offer additional cooling? I'm not worried about the battery or the switches and the current Owner put on a hitch with 4 pin.

Does it have anything else I don't know of??

Thank you
Sponsored

azulwavesJL

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU hydro blue
Occupation
Flight Planning Supervisor
I found a very nice but basic used 2020 Unlimited JL Sport that would work for me BUT it doesn't have the Tow/Electrical package. Does this package offer additional cooling? I'm not worried about the battery or the switches and the current Owner put on a hitch with 4 pin.

Does it have anything else I don't know of??

Thank you
Here is what the tow package comes with:
  • 240-Amp Alternator
  • 700-Amp Maintenance-Free Battery
  • 7- and 4-Pin Wiring Harness
  • Auxillary Switches
  • Class II Receiver Hitch

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
If you're only wanting the tow package for the 7 pin harness and hitch, it's relatively easy to install the wiring for it. Did it on mine and took a few hours.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
If you're only wanting the tow package for the 7 pin harness and hitch, it's relatively easy to install the wiring for it. Did it on mine and took a few hours.
I'm not going to disagree with Hunter as that which is hard or easy is up to the observer. What I will say is that if you want the 7 pin harness, and want to do it yourself, this is a video that can help you gauge whether its worth it for you to do, have done by a dealer (North of $1K I'd guess) or pass on the opportunity to buy this rig.

OP
OP

Bushfam5

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
We won't be towing with it at all. Just wondered if it had anything important like added cooling given I live in the desert where temps get HOT

Sponsored

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
We won't be towing with it at all. Just wondered if it had anything important like added cooling given I live in the desert where temps get HOT
The JK's came with a transmission cooler with the Max Tow Package so I'd be suprised if the JL's didn't include a transmission cooler with the tow package. Perhaps someone with a JL with the tow package can take a look behind their grill to see if they have two radiaters.

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our '14 & '17 Grand Cherokee's also have the trans cooler.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Suspension springs have different numbers as well, stiffer I believe. If you don't want to tow, why do you want the tow package?

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
The JK's came with a transmission cooler with the Max Tow Package so I'd be suprised if the JL's didn't include a transmission cooler with the tow package. Perhaps someone with a JL with the tow package can take a look behind their grill to see if they have two radiaters.
All JL's come with a transmission cooler. Looks like Jeep learned a lesson from the JK tranny overheat problems.

Sponsored

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All JL's come with a transmission cooler. Looks like Jeep learned a lesson from the JK tranny overheat problems.
Cool, that's what I was hoping. Thanks! :)

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
You will be ok. You would be better if people hadn't whined about the loud fan so much that Jeep programmed it to barely run but that's a different topic.
Sponsored