1-1.5" lift with 37’s possible?

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Ok, as the post says I’m wanting to put a 1-1.5 lift on my Rubicon and run 37’s. Is that even possible? I have 35x12.50 R18 with a -12 offset wheels now. I do off road and haven’t had any rubbing. Not too extreme, but do plan on going more and more. Elite you ask, I have Fox 2.5 DSC shocks on the Jeep now and they are good to 1.5 lift. That’s my reasoning behind not going higher. So, can it be done without rubbing? I’m. It opposed to adding AAL inner fenders if that will make a difference. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Cherokee, 93 Wrangler, 19 Wrangler
From what I can tell, all the aftermarket inner fenders actually have a tad less total clearance than the stock plastic ones. To run 37's, you need to add about an inch or more to the bump stop (limit up-travel).

I currently run OEDRO fender flares (https://www.oedro.com/4pcs-oedro-te...der-flares-fit-for-2018-2019-jeep-wrangler-jl) and Rough Country front and rear wheel well liners with 35's. Under hard bottoming, the 35's contact the rear well liners slightly. I just ordered a set of Paramount fender liners https://www.quadratec.com/p/paramount-automotive/front-rear-inner-fender-kit-wrangler-jl that mimic the stock liners, yet are made for aftermarket flares (thanks to thrasher949 and his "Ds in a Bikini" thread). If I am correct, this combo should fit 37's with zero lift and stock bump stops with barely any contact. My hope is I can trim a little to fit 38's.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
From what I can tell, all the aftermarket inner fenders actually have a tad less total clearance than the stock plastic ones. To run 37's, you need to add about an inch or more to the bump stop (limit up-travel).

I currently run OEDRO fender flares (https://www.oedro.com/4pcs-oedro-te...der-flares-fit-for-2018-2019-jeep-wrangler-jl) and Rough Country front and rear wheel well liners with 35's. Under hard bottoming, the 35's contact the rear well liners slightly. I just ordered a set of Paramount fender liners https://www.quadratec.com/p/paramount-automotive/front-rear-inner-fender-kit-wrangler-jl that mimic the stock liners, yet are made for aftermarket flares (thanks to thrasher949 and his "Ds in a Bikini" thread). If I am correct, this combo should fit 37's with zero lift and stock bump stops with barely any contact. My hope is I can trim a little to fit 38's.
Any photos of your Parmount inner fenders in real life? What is your impression of the quality?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

you can always to shock extension of 1" and be able to run a 2" lift without issues

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any photos of your Parmount inner fenders in real life? What is your impression of the quality?
I'll try to get some when I can. The Paramount fenders are a good fit and made of ABS plastic. They can be tweaked with a heat gun or repaired with plastic bonder epoxy if needed. Very light weight, and much better tire clearance than the stock liners or the Rough Country metal liners. I am now running 37" TRXUS MT's with factory bump stops, and the only contact spot worth noting is the pinch weld directly in front of the rear tires. It needs to be trimmed a tad, but everything else is a perfect fit.

Sponsored

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
you can always to shock extension of 1" and be able to run a 2" lift without issues
^^^ This +1,000

2” will be easier to find also. Unless you’re going for ultra low COG.

Then try just new fenders and liners the other poster is using. By far the least expensive combo I’ve ever seen. Hell I paid $1,500 for just my front and rear fenders with no liners. You could get that entire setup for under $450

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Looks like he's been banned (I don't know why, one of the most knowledgeable guys in here) but Sean K. is running 37s with no lift. I think he did quite a bit of cutting though.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I was able to run 37s with no lift on my JLR for awhile. I wouldn't recommend it for off-roading but on road it was perfectly fine and I never rubbed.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
I'll try to get some when I can. The Paramount fenders are a good fit and made of ABS plastic. They can be tweaked with a heat gun or repaired with plastic bonder epoxy if needed. Very light weight, and much better tire clearance than the stock liners or the Rough Country metal liners. I am now running 37" TRXUS MT's with factory bump stops, and the only contact spot worth noting is the pinch weld directly in front of the rear tires. It needs to be trimmed a tad, but everything else is a perfect fit.
Are the Paramount liners thicker than the factory liners?

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Mmmm, sounds fantastic! What suspension and wheel offset are you running to make your secret sauce?

Sponsored

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mmmm, sounds fantastic! What suspension and wheel offset are you running to make your secret sauce?
Stock springs. I only run the 2" spacers for more belly clearance on the trail and more up travel to offset pounding the whoops in the dunes. I could pull out the spring spacers and it would work with a lower CG, but I like the extra clearance.

Shocks are Rough Country Vertex remote reservoir. They add travel but dont require bump stop spacing.

Wheels are Edge forged -12 offset I bought from JLUin818: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/brand-new-in-open-box-edge-forged-17s.34251/

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I did it for a year. 1.5” Rubicon Express lift on my Rubicon. Stock fenders and liners, just clearanced them a bit with a heat gun. 2” bumpstops, 10” travel in front and 12” in the rear. For all those that say you can’t wheel it, I’d say I did just fine...

79A77936-F1A6-4437-ACE5-5EFF6D8BBA0C.jpeg

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to make things clear, its not the "amount of lift at ride height" that makes it whether you can clear larger tires or not, its the shock travel at full compression, matched with your bump stops. I have factory bump stops and can clear 37's on the factory springs with no lift at all if I wanted to. My fender/liner combo has just enough clearance to stuff those tires all the way into the wheel wells on factory bump stops. My shock/spring/spacer combo puts my ride height with a little more up-travel than down-travel, which works better all around for me (especially in the dunes). 1966cc's setup has less up-travel and more down-travel, but nearly identical ride height.

Pic whatever setup suits your wheeling better. I chose less down-travel because it helps keep my rig from rolling over on sidehills and extreme climbs better, but mine is also a 2-door with shorter wheelbase, so I need it a little lower.
Sponsored