Sponsored

Picked up my 80th Anniversary JLU on Saturday from Suresky Jeep!

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
I have my JLU now and love it!

I ordered it from Suresky Jeep in Goshen, NY and the whole experience was awesome! The team made everything really smooth and straightforward. All my questions were answered promptly and efficiently. My salesman Alex, was great to work with!

I live on Long Island (NY), so it was only an hour and 45 min drive to go pick it up.

I got exactly the Jeep I wanted at 4% under dealer invoice and they also honored the $500 rebate that Jeep was promoting on the Jeep web site in December (mine was good thru 1/23).

I placed my order on 12/3/20. The only tough thing was my Jeep build was completed on 12/11/20 (I could download the window sticker) and then I had to wait...and wait...for it to get shipped. It was delivered to the dealer on 1/8/21. So almost a month in limbo...

Here is my build:
  • 2021 Wrangler Unlimited 80th Anniversary 4x4
  • Bright White Clear-Coat Exterior Paint
  • 2.0L I4 DOHC DI Turbo Engine with Start Stop
  • 8 Speed Automatic 850RE Transmission
  • Black 3-Piece Hard Top
  • Convenience Group (only if required)
  • Trailer-Tow and Heavy-Duty Electrical Group
  • LED Headlamp and Fog Lamp Group
  • Safety Group
  • Cold Weather Group
  • Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
  • 3.45 Overall Top Gear Ratio (Standard)
Observations so far (after 2 days :) ):
  • I checked yesterday (drove it home the day before) and yes some fuses were loose. None were bad. But at least 10 needed to be pushed a little to be fully seated. I did not have any problems, but since I read about this issue in the forum, I figured it was worth checking out. I do like the fact that they provide spare fuses in the fuse box itself. 👍
  • I love this vehicle!
  • I am so glad I went with the 8.4" display and premium sound system (standard on 80th Anniversary model)
  • I love this vehicle!
  • I do wish I had paid the extra $545 for the Remote-Proximity Keyless-Entry. This is my first vehicle with a key fob and keyless ignition (my Nissan Pathfinder is a 2006). I have rented a couple vehicles with this feature on vacations. But I overlooked how much I would appreciate just keeping the key fob in my pocket and having keyless entry. Oh well, next time...
  • I love this vehicle!
  • The Engine with Start Stop is a little weird getting used to. I may disable it, but haven't decided yet.
  • Oh and did I mention?...I love this vehicle!
This forum has been a huge help during this whole purchase process.

I am happy to answer any questions anyone has. :)

My first "mod" is going to be running boards...just have to decide from the hundreds of available options. ;) Any opinions on which ones would look best?

Jeep Wrangler JL Picked up my 80th Anniversary JLU on Saturday from Suresky Jeep! 20210109_155654

Jeep Wrangler JL Picked up my 80th Anniversary JLU on Saturday from Suresky Jeep! 20210109_161617
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Good looking rig. Welcome and enjoy!!!!

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
+1 for Suresky. Gave me a great deal on my 2020 Recon over the summer And were painless. Well worth the trip from Westchester County, NY

OP
OP
BackToWrangler

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
+1 for Suresky. Gave me a great deal on my 2020 Recon over the summer And were painless. Well worth the trip from Westchester County, NY
I know I saw recommendations for Suresky in this forum. One of them might have been from you... 🙃

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon

I ordered it from Suresky Jeep in Goshen, NY and the whole experience was awesome! The team made everything really smooth and straightforward. All my questions were answered promptly and efficiently. My salesman Alex, was great to work with!

I live on Long Island (NY), so it was only an hour and 45 min drive to go pick it up.

I got exactly the Jeep I wanted at 4% under dealer invoice and they also honored the $500 rebate that Jeep was promoting on the Jeep web site in December (mine was good thru 1/23).

I placed my order on 12/3/20. The only tough thing was my Jeep build was completed on 12/11/20 (I could download the window sticker) and then I had to wait...and wait...for it to get shipped. It was delivered to the dealer on 1/8/21. So almost a month in limbo...

Here is my build:
  • Black 3-Piece Hard Top
  • Safety Group
  • Cold Weather Group
  • I checked yesterday (drove it home the day before) and yes some fuses were loose. None were bad. But at least 10 needed to be pushed a little to be fully seated. I did not have any problems, but since I read about this issue in the forum, I figured it was worth checking out. I do like the fact that they provide spare fuses in the fuse box itself. 👍
  • I love this vehicle!
  • I am so glad I went with the 8.4" display and premium sound system (standard on 80th Anniversary model)
  • I love this vehicle!
  • I do wish I had paid the extra $545 for the Remote-Proximity Keyless-Entry. This is my first vehicle with a key fob and keyless ignition (my Nissan Pathfinder is a 2006). I have rented a couple vehicles with this feature on vacations. But I overlooked how much I would appreciate just keeping the key fob in my pocket and having keyless entry. Oh well, next time...
  • I love this vehicle!
  • The Engine with Start Stop is a little weird getting used to. I may disable it, but haven't decided yet.

My first "mod" is going to be running boards...just have to decide from the hundreds of available options. ;) Any opinions on which ones would look best?

Jeep Wrangler JL Picked up my 80th Anniversary JLU on Saturday from Suresky Jeep! 20210109_161617

congrats

Sponsored

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021

Here is my build:
  • Black 3-Piece Hard Top
  • Safety Group
  • Cold Weather Group
  • I love this vehicle!
  • I love this vehicle!
  • I love this vehicle!

Jeep Wrangler JL Picked up my 80th Anniversary JLU on Saturday from Suresky Jeep! IMG_1408-X3

Jeep Wrangler JL Picked up my 80th Anniversary JLU on Saturday from Suresky Jeep! IMG_1408-X3
Congrats! beautiful!

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
Congratulations!

I have the Mopar rails (came with my Recon) and love them.
I got the same rails with mine and i would change them in a heartbeat. My kids struggle and i do prefer running boards instead of these rock sliders. It feels they are neither here nor there when you wanna step onto them, too narrow. Might offer to sell them .They cost 995 as an option as i recall.I was duped when i saw "HD rock sliders with STEP ASSIST" and then i was like were is that step assist after i looked into it lol.....but yeah, i do not do much offroading anyway.

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I got the same rails with mine and i would change them in a heartbeat. My kids struggle and i do prefer running boards instead of these rock sliders. It feels they are neither here nor there when you wanna step onto them, too narrow. Might offer to sell them .They cost 995 as an option as i recall.I was duped when i saw "HD rock sliders with STEP ASSIST" and then i was like were is that step assist after i looked into it lol.....but yeah, i do not do much offroading anyway.
They aren't as wide as a running board and I can see how kids might prefer more room. We do run some rocky trails and these are working for us. We had the Rock Hard tube sliders on our JK, so I'm used to a smaller step. I'll go with those if I need to replace these.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations!

I have the Mopar rails (came with my Recon) and love them.
IMG_1408-X3.jpg
I have those Mopar rock rails too, I believe they were stock on the MOABs as well. In my opinion, they are just the right size without getting in the way.