Sponsored

What's this alarm?

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
look up KARR alarm, dealers love these things
It doesnt look like KARR Auto Alarms is in business anymore. Maybe it was an old one they had installed, and didnt care to waste their time removing.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Bought a new '21 Sahara 2 weeks ago and I hear this strange warning/alarm right upon startup without any indicator lights. This Jeep has the advanced safety feature which my '18 JLU did not so am wondering if it is just part of that? Really weird - any thoughts? THANKS!

FYI - you will notice it after i click on my seatbelt in the vid below. It's towards the end.

Alarm Video Link
Hi Brian!
I heard you were working with one of our dealer's get this concern addressed. Please feel free to keep our team updated on the status of your vehicle & let us know if you need any additional support while working alongside your Jeep dealer! Thanks.

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

cmcullen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Rubicon, 2017 Ducati Multistrada
Hi Brian!
I heard you were working with one of our dealer's get this concern addressed. Please feel free to keep our team updated on the status of your vehicle & let us know if you need any additional support while working alongside your Jeep dealer! Thanks.

Courtney
Jeep Cares
My new 2021 Rubicon does that, too. Was wondering what it was but haven't been bothered enough to take it back to the dealer to ask.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP

bbradshaw14

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Global Project Manager
Weird things happen sometimes. It’s a quick rule out by just checking the oil life indicator.
I didn't notice this suggestion until just now and I dropped the Jeep at the dealer this morning but when they call and if they have not figured it out will certainly suggest it. As noted, it's now only 3 weeks old and has 600 miles on it and has been making that sound since day 1. What's more, after I drove to the dealer, shut the motor off, and restarted it to show the mgr the behavior --> OF COURSE the damn thing doesn't do it. Luckily I had the video to show them. I told them to let it sit for 10 mins or so and its sure to happen then. Will know by noon today...

OP
OP

bbradshaw14

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Global Project Manager
I didn't notice this suggestion until just now and I dropped the Jeep at the dealer this morning but when they call and if they have not figured it out will certainly suggest it. As noted, it's now only 3 weeks old and has 600 miles on it and has been making that sound since day 1. What's more, after I drove to the dealer, shut the motor off, and restarted it to show the mgr the behavior --> OF COURSE the damn thing doesn't do it. Luckily I had the video to show them. I told them to let it sit for 10 mins or so and its sure to happen then. Will know by noon today...
After 5 hours I got an update from the dealer....they agree it appears to be some sort of low jack system that was installed. They asked me if i knew who did it or had any documentation or phone number to contact and i laughingly said, "NO - and you guys sold me the Jeep so guess we should start with where you got it from?". He mentioned that they weer trying to understand if it was something "welded to the frame" or if it was just "using the software somehow"... I don't know anything about security system but that sounded pretty strange to me almost like they were trying to get me open to the possibility that they cannot fix this. Hoping I'm wrong and it gets resolved but if not, I'm not picking it back up and surely this could get ugly....

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
After 5 hours I got an update from the dealer....they agree it appears to be some sort of low jack system that was installed. They asked me if i knew who did it or had any documentation or phone number to contact and i laughingly said, "NO - and you guys sold me the Jeep so guess we should start with where you got it from?". He mentioned that they weer trying to understand if it was something "welded to the frame" or if it was just "using the software somehow"... I don't know anything about security system but that sounded pretty strange to me almost like they were trying to get me open to the possibility that they cannot fix this. Hoping I'm wrong and it gets resolved but if not, I'm not picking it back up and surely this could get ugly....
They can't find it. They have no idea what it is. Don't accept it until it is fixed. Nothing is welded to the frame, it's most likely under the dash in the driver's side or under the hood.

cmcullen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Rubicon, 2017 Ducati Multistrada

I think mine is probably the same. It came from another dealer, not the selling dealer, just like yours. It had a little sticker on the window referencing a similar lojack thing, which of course I peeled off and tossed and don't remember the brand. There's no mention of it on the Monroney sticker... I'm going over to Rebel Offroad today to order lift kit and some other goodies, will ask them if they know what's up and maybe swing by the dealer afterwards... I don't want to waste a lot of time on the issue but it is annoying.

OP
OP

bbradshaw14

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Global Project Manager
It's an aftermarket anti theft alarm. The dealership should have removed it. It sounds like they didn't pull the whole thing out.
WINNER WINNER -> It was a lojack / aftermarket alarm installed from the dealer where the Jeep came from. They figured it all out just about 30 mins ago and took the dash apart to remove it. I had to laugh that the Service Manager said "for once the forums were right...." lol. I had about 100 comments in my mind i wanted to share about the last 4 years of bungled service they provided to me on my prior Jeeps but instead I just let it go. They ought to give a cut to this forum for giving them direction at a minimum because I bet without it they'd have my Jeep for several days. As it was it took them 10 hours start to finish. I'm hoping they didn't jack something else up by taking it all apart.....

I owe you a beer! Thanks again!
Sponsored