Data23

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 3.6L
This sounds interesting!
Yesterday, after reading your post, I was paying attention on the cross members while driving. I noticed that they all vibrate as the speed increases. I am wondering if adding the weather strip on all the cross members front front to back would make an even bigger difference?
There are two types of cross-members, the ones that actually run through the sky one-touch railing system and the ones the pop-up with the fabric. In my case, the first two that run throughout the railing were the noisy ones; if you stick your finger between the rail and the fabric you will notice those have more room than the other type, that's where the weather strip goes.
Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Hey Everyone,

We're currently working on headliner prototypes for the SOT. Once we are happy with our final product, we will let everyone on here know when they are ready to ship out- just make sure you're watching our dedicated forum.

-Mark

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
Hey Everyone,

We're currently working on headliner prototypes for the SOT. Once we are happy with our final product, we will let everyone on here know when they are ready to ship out- just make sure you're watching our dedicated forum.

-Mark
This is excellent news! Any idea on when you may have it done and any idea on price?

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
This is excellent news! Any idea on when you may have it done and any idea on price?
We have a lot of interest so we're hopping to have one available sooner than later. We want to make sure that we put out something that we can fully stand behind like our other products. There's a little more to this top with moving parts, so I don't currently have a time frame.

-Mark

hybrid3.0

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JGC
Mark, also excited about you developing an insulated liner for the SOT I ordered on my new wrangler. I love open air driving, but I currently live in the mid-west so SOT will be closed for a few months and it would be great to have a convertible top-like liner that provides both temperature and sound insulation. Ideal product would integrate with the existing sliding vinyl roof, but even a temporary liner that goes up in multiple pieces and attaches to the jeep frame would be good for the winter or when traveling with noisy roof racks. Thanks for your product support and communications on this forum! I think a well designed and economical product would sell great as well as make the SOT an attractive upgrade for Jeep buyers who would otherwise select the hardtop due to it's superior insulation.

Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
Wanted to share an update - we have some pretty good things in the works and are hoping to finalize something for the SOT, soon.

-Mark