Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Installed Metalcloak Undercloak skid system, Rigid D-Series PRO Midnight Spots on a KC HiLites A-pillar mount (wired to AUX 1), Rigid D-SS PRO Side Shooter LED Floods on the steel bumper (wired to AUX 2), Plasti-Dipped the grille black, and replaced 3 Synergy tie rod boots. Also drained and re-filled the transfer case.

I was going to buy the Mopar satin black grille, but my son talked me into spraying it with Plastic-Dip. Turned out pretty decent, we'll see how long it lasts.

Except for aiming the new lights, I'm done with mods for a few months!

IMG_0677.jpg
IMG_0678.jpg
IMG_0681.jpg
IMG_0683.jpg
Well done. What’s that plate between the drive shaft and muffler? I don’t have that one.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a winch for @BbyGrlJJ - all details in our build thread. Wired up an isolator, using AUX1 to power ON/OFF and AUX3 to spool-in and AUX4 to spool-out:
IMG_6702.JPG
IMG_6703.JPG
IMG_6704.JPG
IMG_6705.JPG
Speaking of more pics, in the sense of female empowerment, I would like like to see more pics of @BbyGrlJJ working on her Jeep. We live in a world of male chauvinism and male privilege, so in order to help remedy this you should post pics of @BbyGrlJJ working on her jeep. Maybe in some high heels or an evening gown. And in the summer, less....for female empowerment. :angel:

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
ARB twins using the MORE mount. I bought the kit from Northridge and it really isnt all that much of a kit. Lots to add to the so called kit. Still, I will be glad it's in. I like the spot where it's installed and the power of that thing is immense. Getting rid of my portable compressor will free up some much needed space.

Next comes a brake controller.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of more pics, in the sense of female empowerment, I would like like to see more pics of @BbyGrlJJ working on her Jeep. We live in a world of male chauvinism and male privilege, so in order to help remedy this you should post pics of @BbyGrlJJ working on her jeep. Maybe in some high heels or an evening gown. And in the summer, less....for female empowerment. :angel:
In the respect of empowerment, i will relay the request! lol

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Installed the "Mopal" tailgate reinforcement and the Smittybilt oversized spare tire adapter. The reinforcement is made of lightweight aluminum; the adapter of hreavy steel. The adapter weighs at least twice as much as the reinforcement.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1610369264482

The adapter has two positions: for 35 and 37-inch tires. This is set for 35-inch tires. The bump stops slide to adjust depending on wheel offset. I now have 3 CB antenna mounts: 1 on the reinforcement and 2 on the adapter
I think I may have purchased a similar tailgate reinforcement, which did not come with any shims to keep the tailgate in place. What did you use to keep it aligned? I was thinking of picking up wood shims and just inserting across the bottom of the tailgate?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think I may have purchased a similar tailgate reinforcement, which did not come with any shims to keep the tailgate in place. What did you use to keep it aligned? I was thinking of picking up wood shims and just inserting across the bottom of the tailgate?
I used four of those plastic decal applicator squeegees. I have a half dozen of them laying around. I jammed two on either side.

BTW, the tailgate did not shift while I had the hinges unbolted. So the shims are mostly a precaution. It was the same when I installed the reinforcement on my JKs. Perhaps the paint holds the tailgate in place for those few minutes.

Also, instead of marking a line with a wax pencil, I used masking tape. It was much simpler.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1610378127946

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
added some Hella ValueFit 500 LED driving lights and rugged ridge spartan side steps

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? xRgsRX8
Any help would be appreciated. Looking for a front marker light Y splitter to plug and play Raptor like grille lights. Can’t find any for 2019 JLUR. Really don’t want to splice into wires.

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Took 3 Springs for a stroll in the snow. Its a big thing for us to get this much.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? xRgsRX8
Well, if you happen to get lost, you'll be able to follow the trail of springs back to civilization. Just be sure to grab em on the way out, before @sf5211 comes along. :LOL: