Sponsored

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
I wired it by using the extra input/output cable... but, you don't need it per se, you can reuse one of the extra rca connectors(for example, AUX in) by removing / replacing the cables pin in the connectors. Specifically, it uses CVBS_IN1 on pin A18 and the nearest GND pin. Their harness shares one GND with a few neighboring signal cables.

I also wired in the long extension cable to the power cables in the adapter harness. I used red as + and yellow as - on both sides.

Then I went into the factory settings and enabled Front Camera, then the front camera app appeared. There is a button on the app to mirror the input so that the orientation is correct.

Have a look at the wiring diagrams below.
Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL map-en1
Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL map-en2
Jeep Wrangler JL Teyes CC2 Head Unit Install for the Jeep JL map-en3
Sponsored

Last edited:

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
As for the rear camera adapter cable, cutting that loop enables the AHD output on that box. So just cut that cable and use the RCA labeled AHD to connect to the rear camera input.

As for the chime, I do not have the backup sensors or any of the safety package so I never had any chimes. From what I have read, you will get the reverse chimes without having to attach that extra speaker to the canbus adapter harness. The only time that this speaker is used is for the forward collision sensors... again, from what I've read.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
Hope this isn't a dumb question. I currently control and run my GoPro 8 and Removu K1 cameras using an app on my Android phone. will the cc2l+ allow me to do this too? P.S. I ordered my Keyes CC2L CC2plus two days ago.

OP
OP
Sector281411

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Gladiator Willy's Edition
My back up sensors still activate the chimes just fine.

IvanDiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I wired it by using the extra input/output cable... but, you don't need it per se, you can reuse one of the extra rca connectors(for example, AUX in) by removing / replacing the cables pin in the connectors. Specifically, it uses CVBS_IN1 on pin A18 and the nearest GND pin. Their harness shares one GND with a few neighboring signal cables.

I also wired in the long extension cable to the power cables in the adapter harness. I used red as + and yellow as - on both sides.

Then I went into the factory settings and enabled Front Camera, then the front camera app appeared. There is a button on the app to mirror the input so that the orientation is correct.
Thanks for the info. I plan on doing my install this weekend so I'm excited!!
Can you send a pic of where you mounted the front camera?
Also, did anyone on this thread use the GPS dongle included? If so, where did you mount yours or did you shove it with the rest of the wires?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sector281411

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took the long dash trim piece off that goes all the way across and ran the gps to the front of my dash so it has a clear view through the windshield. It blends in with the black dash very well. I did the same for the 4G antenna even though I don’t have a SIM card in mine at the present time.

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
I have not yet mounted the front camera. Right now the wire and camera are stashed behind the glove box. Clicking on that button gives a funny view.

however I do have a plan. I swapped my grill inserts for the gladiator with trailcam inserts so I have the camera housing in place. I just have to figure out how to secure this camera into it.

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
what site did you order the cc3? there re few in aliexpress but not sure who is the best seller

Sponsored

LukeR

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I installed a teyes unit in my Gladiator today. Seems to be working except I noticed the lines that pop up when you are reversing don't seem to move as much as in the past. I purchased the adapter to retain the factory camera. Any settings that can adjust that?

Also I purchased the extra harness that has the sub output and it has very little output. If I connect my RCA's to the rear rca outputs my sub sounds great. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
Sector281411

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can adjust the lines to Mae them longer and they curve more.

IvanDiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the CC3 last night. Everything seems to be working fine (great sound quality).
Does anyone know of a site (besides https://cc3.teyes.ru/en/index.html) that explains what all of the touchscreen options do? I hate just going through and pushing buttons waiting for something to happen.
Also what are the best apps / apks you recommend?

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Installed the CC3 last night. Everything seems to be working fine (great sound quality).
Does anyone know of a site (besides https://cc3.teyes.ru/en/index.html) that explains what all of the touchscreen options do? I hate just going through and pushing buttons waiting for something to happen.
Also what are the best apps / apks you recommend?
Do your doors still auto lock when you drive off?