First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
@tankers when you bought the SXV300V1 unit, did you need to install the XM antenna that comes with that, or did the harness that came in the dash kit allow you to use the OEM XM antenna?
It allowed me to use my existing antenna. I did run the gps antenna which wasn’t hard at all.
Sponsored

Anu2g

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Manual Magnuson JLR, '16 Manual Cayman GT4
It allowed me to use my existing antenna. I did run the gps antenna which wasn’t hard at all.
Cool. Yea, I ran the GPS antenna, and buttoned up the interior panels. Then I had to pull the head unit to debug that one module. So I was thinking, when putting the head unit back in, I could install the XM tuner. I don't care too much about XM, but for only $40 it's worth having the option. I just didn't want to run wires again, since I already buttoned up the interior.

Just to confirm, I'm just going to be plugging the tuner in behind the head unit, and that will connect to the existing XM antenna that used to plug into the OEM HU?

Thanks!

Anu2g

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should be fun getting adding that tuner to the list of items to fit behind the dash ;)

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Cool. Yea, I ran the GPS antenna, and buttoned up the interior panels. Then I had to pull the head unit to debug that one module. So I was thinking, when putting the head unit back in, I could install the XM tuner. I don't care too much about XM, but for only $40 it's worth having the option. I just didn't want to run wires again, since I already buttoned up the interior.

Just to confirm, I'm just going to be plugging the tuner in behind the head unit, and that will connect to the existing XM antenna that used to plug into the OEM HU?

Thanks!
You need to get the xm tuner which I got mine from Amazon for $30 then the tuner plugged in the harness and the antenna in the tuner.

Anu2g

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to get the xm tuner which I got mine from Amazon for $30 then the tuner plugged in the harness and the antenna in the tuner.
Cool; we're on the same page. Ordered the tuner, arriving on Wed. The replacement "Radio Pro Advanced" module is arriving today. Will get it fixed up Thursday evening, I think, depending on work.

Sponsored

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Cool; we're on the same page. Ordered the tuner, arriving on Wed. The replacement "Radio Pro Advanced" module is arriving today. Will get it fixed up Thursday evening, I think, depending on work.
Your going to love the radio once it’s all installed just make sure that you have the current update installed.

Anu2g

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your going to love the radio once it’s all installed just make sure that you have the current update installed.
Yep, already updated it last week. It was just hard because, with the faulty module, the ignition signal (which the module interprets off the CANBUS) was choppy, so it wasn't turning on half the time. For the times it was turning on, it looked fantastic.

I'll post a full audio build thread in a few weeks once I finish the entire project. I'll be outputting the variable optical digital signal from the Stinger unit into a MiniDSP 8x12 with Dirac Live, and then outputting 7 channels from there to a couple amps (and several speakers :) )

Anu2g

First Name
Anu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was tempted to use the built-in DSP in the Stinger unit to tune the system, that way I could control it all from the Stinger's screen, but I really wanted to run 3-way active speakers also, and the Stinger unit (like many units) only allows 2-way active (plus a sub). It does look like the features for running 2-way active on the head unit are pretty solid, though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jimmyz275

Jimmyz275

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone tried running Gaia navigation on this unit yet? Any problems if you have?
I’m not I just use Waze or the regular nav on Apple CarPlay for now but I’d eventually like to get it when I get on the Rubicon next year.

jawsATL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Granite Metallic Sahara
Is the OEM antenna plugged directly into the OEM screen? So all you would do is unplug the antenna from your OEM unit and then plug it into the tuner? I built/plugged in everything tonight and I am going to disassemble and put in Saturday

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Is the OEM antenna plugged directly into the OEM screen? So all you would do is unplug the antenna from your OEM unit and then plug it into the tuner? I built/plugged in everything tonight and I am going to disassemble and put in Saturday
Yes unplug your antenna and plug it in to the antenna cable

jawsATL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Granite Metallic Sahara
Yes unplug your antenna and plug it in to the antenna cable
Got it all installed today, I just cant get all of the spacing inside the dash to work out. With the Sirius XM tuner and the video module, plus that huge OEM connector, it is all fat. I got the top two screws in but am off with the bottom two, gonna play with it tomorrow. Everything works, although I have not been able to verify if the satellite radio works or not...thank you for your input.

avnmech

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
So I did a thing today, I purchased a Heigh10 with the JL install kit, the Navigation SD Card, and the XM Tuner. I own a Jeep JLUSS with the Alpine system, and the Uconnect 3, and not getting the Uconnect 4 is by far one of the worst mistakes I have ever made in life, as now it costing me. What is the cost, well the Heigh10 radio cost about $1700 when you add up the cost of the Radio, XM tuner, install kit, Navigation card, and front camera. Then to upgrade the manual A/C to dual climate cost about $450 from infotainment.com, and of course there's the instrument cluster which cost $1200, that's $2400. Heck the Speedo alone is more that the cost of the Uconnect 4 upgrade if I would have chosen that option when I bought my Jeep, but I was coming out of a 2008 JKUX and the Uconnect 3 was way better that anything I had owned before and I though that the 7 inch Speedos only came in Sahara's, and Rubicon's. I probably won't be getting the dual; climate controls, as the only way to make them dual climate is to have the correct dampers in the a/c system, but at some point I will be splurging on a 7" speedo, probably out of a salvaged JL/JT, or I'm really hoping that Carbomotor will come out with a speedo much like the J-Pro. I'm hoping to have everything installed by Next weekend.
Sponsored