Sponsored

Do Higher Trim Owners Look Down on us Sport/Sport S owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianomankd

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL - Sting Gray
I was at the store today and in the parking lot I parked a couple spots over from a JL Rubicon. I own a 2021 JL Sport S. Was excited and when they owner was walking back to his car I went nice car I just got a 2021 Sport here a couple weeks ago and pointed it out. He just laughed and went "okay right" and got in the car and drove away. I felt small!!

Is there some kind of unspoken "Rubicons and everyone else" type of ownership in this community? Just curious.

I love my Sport S and love that it's 2 doors even more! I owned a 2018 JL Sahara back in 2018 and I'm actually having more fun with this new one that I did with the Sahara for some reason!

Love you all, high trim or not,

Kyle
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
I was at the store today and in the parking lot I parked a couple spots over from a JL Rubicon. I own a 2021 JL Sport S. Was excited and when they owner was walking back to his car I went nice car I just got a 2021 Sport here a couple weeks ago and pointed it out. He just laughed and went "okay right" and got in the car and drove away. I felt small!!

Is there some kind of unspoken "Rubicons and everyone else" type of ownership in this community? Just curious.

I love my Sport S and love that it's 2 doors even more! I owned a 2018 JL Sahara back in 2018 and I'm actually having more fun with this new one that I did with the Sahara for some reason!

Kyle
You're fine, that guy sounds like a jerk. Once you mod it out you can say you're 'built not bought' lol

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I have a Rubicon and am jealous of the smarter, more disciplined owners of Sports and Sport Sā€™s. I couldnā€™t give up my creature comforts like proximity locks and a full warranty with factory lift/lockers.
I think there are definitely some drivers that have it as a status symbol rather than a capability they exercise. Not sure if they confuse price with luxury on the Rubicon.
Iā€™ll wave back to XJā€™s because we all get out and have fun.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon

Kyle
Yes peasant, now bow down to my Rubicon!!

Anyone that looks down on you for your trim level of vehicle isnā€™t worth knowing. The only thing I look down on is things that are modified haphazardly or just really gaudy lol

Quadjeeper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Occupation
retired
You are good. I've had and have many Jeeps over the years with 2 XJ's , a ZJ, a M109A3 ( military truck made by Jeep) and my '20 Rubicon JLU. I wave at all real Jeeps ( no Fiats) and am interested in their mods. So, no, that particular guy has issues.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Reminds me of a bumper sticker I once saw. "For Instant Asshole, Just Add BMW".
It has been mostly true, from what I see around here, except when women are driving. Now, I did say "Mostly" , so all you BMW Dudes don't get your "Bavarian Panties" in a twist.

Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
pffft.
screw 'im.

any jerk can buy a Rubicon.
many do.

buy yours, build yours if you want, build it if you want, and enjoy it (if you want ;) ). what you bought doesn't make you any bigger or less of a person. attitude like his, *does* make him less of a person.

Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.