Mopar lift - 77072430AB vs AC, AD, AE opinions please

Dc7o2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited rubicon recon
I kept the stock parts and box and noticed the part number on the box ends in AD. My receipt shows i paid and ordered an AE version. Anyone know the differences between AD and AE?
Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
I would recommend getting the newest part number. The early lifts had problems mainly with the springs sagging. The extra cost is worth not dealing with early problems IMO. You should be able to get a discount through your local dealer on the new one(most do 10-15% off part specials regularly). Or order through one of the online dealerships for mopar parts.(I believe some are sponsors so you may be able to get a discount)

Take this with a grain of salt since I don’t have the lift on my JL. However, I have a friend who has the earlier lift and had a lot of problems with it.
i dont have the mopar lift, but im guessing this is true. I parked next to a mopar lifted JLUR last night and got to BS’ing about his truck on 35’s. It looked awesome, and it was so much higher in the front than older mopar lifts ive seen i thought he had a leveling kit combined with the lift. The difference was that noticeable.

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
I’ve got a little bit of a “clank” sound in the rear when going over speed bumps. Not sure if that’s normal because there new. Prob have dealer take a look when I go back for wheel install.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I kept the stock parts and box and noticed the part number on the box ends in AD. My receipt shows i paid and ordered an AE version. Anyone know the differences between AD and AE?

When I ordered the latest Mopar lift for my Rubi 2-door (which was an AD version at the time) the first one they tried to give me was an AC, I refused it and waited for the AD version to arrive. Sounds like you have already installed yours...There may be some differences in the AE version, but it could also just be due to a change in one or more vendors. It would be nice know what, if any changes have taken place but Mopar does not list this anywhere that I could find. Likely the only way to really know would be to open both AD and AE versions and compare both parts and part numbers...

Dc7o2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I ordered the latest Mopar lift for my Rubi 2-door (which was an AD version at the time) the first one they tried to give me was an AC, I refused it and waited for the AD version to arrive. Sounds like you have already installed yours...There may be some differences in the AE version, but it could also just be due to a change in one or more vendors. It would be nice know what, if any changes have taken place but Mopar does not list this anywhere that I could find. Likely the only way to really know would be to open both AD and AE versions and compare both parts and part numbers...
Yup installed by the dealer a few days ago. I called to ask and they say it’s the same And don’t know of any differences between AD and AE. There has to be a reason why Mopar change the designation. Maybe I’ll have to call directly to their 1(800) number on Monday

Sponsored

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
purchased lift late October. Crate says AD -- invoice says AE

OP
OP

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
yikes, some good info here, thanks guys. I'll still on the fence but I confirmed with my local dealer the part number is AE and out of stock. Wait time is likely late January, early February. I'll be sure to check part number on the crate when received (if I follow through).

random detail, on some pictures, it seems there are dust/rock guards on rear AND front now? Can anyone confirm if this is true of their kit, and which version they have?

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
yikes, some good info here, thanks guys. I'll still on the fence but I confirmed with my local dealer the part number is AE and out of stock. Wait time is likely late January, early February. I'll be sure to check part number on the crate when received (if I follow through).

random detail, on some pictures, it seems there are dust/rock guards on rear AND front now? Can anyone confirm if this is true of their kit, and which version they have?
The wait time of late January was what I was told by my dealer and then I got a call that they had ordered some previously and they arrived two days after I paid so they offered it. My only thought is since the crate is dated 12/15/20 that it’s the AD or AE but no idea for sure and could be old stock.

Sponsored

OP
OP

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Just got my lift put on today at local dealer. 77072430AE for me. Mine does have the Fox shock covers and I notice the wood box has a date of 12/15/2020. Also as the other member suggested I got 15% off by just asking (did get an email that Mopar was offering it) which made it $1362 after tax and another $430 for install. Not bad IMO. I definitely plan on adding Frt/Rear trackbars.

011DD7B4-EAE7-46CE-BF52-AC84C3010C24.jpeg

1F7F2F1F-28B9-43B5-B781-FB008E41700E.jpeg
Thanks for sharing the price quote. My local dealer said $1499, but there is a MOPAR coupon for 15% off, but maximum value of 200. I showed him the coupon which was on the dealer website. He looked a bit concerned and eventually said, yeah it looks like we can use that. Interesting how there's a disconnect between whoever manages their website vs actual parts staff...

Could you confirm your price before tax, since we are all different?

OP
OP

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The wait time of late January was what I was told by my dealer and then I got a call that they had ordered some previously and they arrived two days after I paid so they offered it. My only thought is since the crate is dated 12/15/20 that it’s the AD or AE but no idea for sure and could be old stock.
oh interesting, so even on the crate there was noway for you to confirm actual part number, just some reference to a build or manufacture date?

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
oh interesting, so even on the crate there was noway for you to confirm actual part number, just some reference to a build or manufacture date?
Yep. Only the invoice but again I was told there was a wait then got a call shortly after saying they had some.

Dc7o2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My AD version has Rock guards only in the rear. From checking online the AE version has them only in the rear as well. Would be nice if someone’s with the AE version can confirm

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
My AD version has Rock guards only in the rear. From checking online the AE version has them only in the rear as well. Would be nice if someone’s with the AE version can confirm
Rock guards only in rear for me also.
Sponsored