xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

Nothing earth shattering here...especially since some YouTubers have done some similar tests lately, but for those that havent seen them....

I am at precisely 48 hours into my test of a Jackery 500 and a Dometic CFX3-45. The fridge was brought to temp on 110v and filled with already cold beer prior to connecting it to the fully charged Jackery. Ambient temp a steady 70 degrees.

I would anticipate that I should get somewhere into the 60 hour range before it cuts out based on where the Jackery currently stands.

Obviously not a real-world test since im not going in and out of it at all - other beer was strategically acquired and stored preemptively prior to the test. My hopes of at least 24 hours run time in real action though seem easily attainable, which is encouraging.

Fridge 1.jpg

Fridge2.jpg
Sponsored

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Nice! What jackery setup do you have?

Sponsored

OP
OP
xaugievike

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

as of 8:00 the Jackery was at 13%. That's 63 hours runtime so far.

Pgslater

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I have the same setup (same fridge, same battery), and in the real world, I would go from 100% to 70%-67% in 12 hours overnight. I get close to 35-37 hours from a full battery. But I would not let it go below 10%.

OP
OP
xaugievike

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

I forgot to update this thread. I stopped the test at 70 hours and when I did the Jackery was showing 8% life left. So it could have kept going for a while.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Thanks for the test. Looking for a battery solution myself. The thing I dont like about jackery is the handle. They need to ditch it. When space is an issue (and it always is) they need a soft handle so that it is more likely to be stashed or stacked. The way it is now, nothing can be put on top.

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
I bought a 300 recently, I really like its compact size:

DWxt1Br.jpg

WVbSiaA.jpg

It should have plenty of juice for an overnight trip to power my soft serve ice cream maker and automatic ceviche dispenser when I'm roughing it.

Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
How many watts does the fridge pull when the compressor turns on?

My jackery 290 ran my arb 50qt for about 36-37 hours in a similar test to yours. Inside temp around 72-73.

For those looking at battery packs make sure you get one that supplies the full 12v of power all the way down to 1% of batt life remaining. The jackery does but some other brands do not. So the fridge turns off way before the battery pack hits 0%.

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
I must be missing something. You said "The fridge was brought to temp on 110v and filled with already cold beer prior to connecting it to the fully charged Jackery". What temperature? You could set your fridge to 70 degree and it will run with Jackety forever since it will not draw hardly any current. What was your fridge temperature set at?

OP
OP
xaugievike

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

I must be missing something. You said "The fridge was brought to temp on 110v and filled with already cold beer prior to connecting it to the fully charged Jackery". What temperature? You could set your fridge to 70 degree and it will run with Jackety forever since it will not draw hardly any current. What was your fridge temperature set at?
37 degrees

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Any that aren’t made by China?
Sponsored