Sponsored

Perforated Leather Seats and Gap Hider

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR-D
Hello all, long time reader first time poster. I purchased a loaded JL Unlimited Rubicon (diesel) with the perforated leather seats. I was looking at the cargo area mat from Mopar (part 82215185AD). That part states it is for leather seats with the production gap hider(the bracket with carpet covering for when the seats are folded down). Looking at my Rubicon it does NOT appear to have the gap hider. Everything I have read states that the leather seats are supposed to have the gap hider (it isn't even a separate option in the build). The only thing I can come up with is that it isn't a part of the perforated leather seat package (which would be bizarre) or they simply forgot about it at the factory/receiving dealer. I realize the cargo area mat for the cloth seats part 82215185AC does come with gap hider pieces but that part is obviously more expensive. I just don't want to pay for something that was already supposed to be included. I have searched around and not found anything that specifically mentions the gap hider on the perforated seat option. Does anyone have the perforated leather seats and the gap hider? Was this an oversite at the factory/dealer or is the gap hider ONLY included in the leather seat option but not the perforated or stitched leather options?

I appreciate any insight anyone can provide.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, the Mopar perforated seats, despite costing more than the regular leather seats, has a whole bunch of things missing, like:
  1. No rear fold down center armrest with built-in cup holders
  2. No matching stitching on the door armrests or the center console. On Sahara, it also misses the stitched dashboard covers
  3. No embroidered Sahara/Rubicon logo on front seat backs
  4. No cargo gap cover
My guess is the Mopar perforated leather seats are installed in JL interiors configured to take cloth seats, so in the end nothing matches. Sorry.

It would be nice if dealers could explain all of these ridiculous quirks in JL’s production, but they are too busy screwing customers.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, the Mopar perforated seats, despite costing more than the regular leather seats, has a whole bunch of things missing, like:
  1. No rear fold down center armrest with built-in cup holders
  2. No matching stitching on the door armrests or the center console. On Sahara, it also misses the stitched dashboard covers
  3. No embroidered Sahara/Rubicon logo on front seat backs
  4. No cargo gap cover
My guess is the Mopar perforated leather seats are installed in JL interiors configured to take cloth seats, so in the end nothing matches. Sorry.

It would be nice if dealers could explain all of these ridiculous quirks in JL’s production, but they are too busy screwing customers.
This ^^

I too have the perforated leather seats in my 2019. They aren’t part of the regular leather seat option. It’s like it’s an add on Mopar accessory seat cover. I like them a lot, but you give up some of the additional items vs the normal optional leather seats.

OP
OP
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR-D
Ok thank you very much for all the replies. It is greatly appreciated. The perforated leather is quite comfortable in the summer but I agree that it would be nice if it was explained in detail. Thank you again.

Sponsored

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
You can buy the gap cover (and mounting bracket, which is sold separately) and install them without issue in your Jeep, FYI. Not sure if it's worth your time if you're just planning to put a cargo liner over it anyway, but I've ordered it to help smooth out the transition when car camping and sleeping in the back of the Jeep.

Gap cover Mopar part #: 6JX46TX7AC
Mounting bracket Mopar part #: 68335706AB

OP
OP
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR-D
Thank you for the part numbers. I decided on bartact seat covers and cargo area mat for the cloth (which includes the gap hider) and just not attaching the part the goes on the back of the seats. I have a weathertech cargo mat but didn't realize how much I'd miss have the trail management tie downs. I wish they had an option to buy just the mats for the cargo area and gap hider without the seat back portion (as almost all the higher tier seat covers are full wrap).

Thanks again.

wiiltn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
You can buy the gap cover (and mounting bracket, which is sold separately) and install them without issue in your Jeep, FYI. Not sure if it's worth your time if you're just planning to put a cargo liner over it anyway, but I've ordered it to help smooth out the transition when car camping and sleeping in the back of the Jeep.

Gap cover Mopar part #: 6JX46TX7AC
Mounting bracket Mopar part #: 68335706AB
Thanks for the part numbers. I've got the same problem as Rubiconasaurus, except I ordered the mat kit for leather seats and now need the gap hider pieces. I've searched for the part numbers you provided, and asked a local parts manager, to no result. My question to you is, in the vast Mopar mess of sources and websites, where and how did you find them? Thanks very much again.

Last edited:

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
Thanks for the part numbers. I've got the same problem as Rubiconasaurus, except I ordered the mat kit for leather seats and now need the gap hider pieces. I've searched for the part numbers you provided, and asked a local parts manager, to no result. My question to you is, in the vast Mopar mess of sources and websites, where and how did you find them? Thanks very much again.
I found them on All Mopar Parts' website. I generally try them first because they are a forum sponsor and typically come in a bit cheaper than the other dealership/online parts wholesaler websites. I haven't actually put my order through yet, though, because the forum code from 2020 has expired. I've shot a message to Benny at All Mopar Parts and, once he sends me the new forum discount code, I'll put my order through.

Link to cover on AMP website: https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-cargo-area-cover-6jx46tx7ad
LInk to bracketry on AMP website: https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-floor-pan-bracket-68335706ab

Benny on this forum: @AllMoparParts.com

wiiltn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I found them on All Mopar Parts' website. I generally try them first because they are a forum sponsor and typically come in a bit cheaper than the other dealership/online parts wholesaler websites. I haven't actually put my order through yet, though, because the forum code from 2020 has expired. I've shot a message to Benny at All Mopar Parts and, once he sends me the new forum discount code, I'll put my order through.

Link to cover on AMP website: https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-cargo-area-cover-6jx46tx7ad
LInk to bracketry on AMP website: https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-floor-pan-bracket-68335706ab

Benny on this forum: @AllMoparParts.com
Thanks!

Sponsored

Taco2Rubi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Anyone who has the perforated leather, are you able to post a picture of what your interior & seats actually look like?

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Yeah, the custom leather options are basically factory-installed Katskinz kits, so they start with a cloth interior and then replace the cloth (to avoid wasting factory leather). So you get whatever normally comes with a cloth interior.
Sponsored