Sponsored

Mopar lift - 77072430AB vs AC, AD, AE opinions please

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi everyone,
Looking to add a mopar lift to my JLUR 2.0 turbo.
I've found a pretty decent deal on 77072430AB, but I understand the current/latest version is AE. Does anyone know if it's worth spending a few hundred more for AE? Or what the exact differences are? Any info would be appreciated.

thanks,
Sponsored

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys Sport, 2019 JLU Sahara
I would recommend getting the newest part number. The early lifts had problems mainly with the springs sagging. The extra cost is worth not dealing with early problems IMO. You should be able to get a discount through your local dealer on the new one(most do 10-15% off part specials regularly). Or order through one of the online dealerships for mopar parts.(I believe some are sponsors so you may be able to get a discount)

Take this with a grain of salt since I don’t have the lift on my JL. However, I have a friend who has the earlier lift and had a lot of problems with it.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The later revisions addressed the spring bowing issue, but have yet to fix the incomplete issue. I'd personally go with a more inclusive option, but if not, at least add a pair of adjustable front lower control arms and front and rear adjustable track bars. These parts are whats needed to fine tune front axle caster angle and to recenter both axles under the frame.

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just got mine installed its a 2dr so the newest version was AC - when I picked it up from the dealer they commented about the shock covers - they are new for this version. I would get the newest the springs have been changed also from what I have read. Here is a pick of the rear - the shock covers are not included in the older versions. I added some Rancho skid plates also. I would recommend an adjustable track bar - the dealer said a rear at least but I will probably get a front also, the Mopar lift doesn't include them.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift - 77072430AB vs AC, AD, AE opinions please 20201216_110650

Dc7o2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited rubicon recon
Newbie question here, a “track bar relocation” bracket is needed if your using an oem track bar or is it also required with a adjustable track bar?

my Mopar kit was the AE version

Sponsored

Punk'n2doorsport

First Name
Willian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL wrangler sport, 6spd manual, 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trucker
Vehicle Showcase
I just got mine installed its a 2dr so the newest version was AC - when I picked it up from the dealer they commented about the shock covers - they are new for this version. I would get the newest the springs have been changed also from what I have read. Here is a pick of the rear - the shock covers are not included in the older versions. I added some Rancho skid plates also. I would recommend an adjustable track bar - the dealer said a rear at least but I will probably get a front also, the Mopar lift doesn't include them.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift - 77072430AB vs AC, AD, AE opinions please 20201216_110650
Those skids are nice!

Have a link?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX

I had hoped these would be left and right specific-as are OEM pads to maintain factory spring orientation, but unfortunately they are the same as the other correction pads on the market-one pad fits either side...

I wound up using (after first installing RK pads) the latest version Mopar pads that came with the Mopar lift for my 2-door Rubi (AD version at the time) and so far, nearing 9000 miles have zero issues with these later Mopar pads.

Sponsored

actionplus

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I had hoped these would be left and right specific-as are OEM pads to maintain factory spring orientation, but unfortunately they are the same as the other correction pads on the market-one pad fits either side...

I wound up using (after first installing RK pads) the latest version Mopar pads that came with the Mopar lift for my 2-door Rubi (AD version at the time) and so far, nearing 9000 miles have zero issues with these later Mopar pads.

Thanks for letting us know about the pads.
I was going to purchase the correction pads, but not know if Mopar actually did any changes.
I just picked up the AE version yesterday. Have not opened the box yet.

I did ask the dealer what the update was, and he did not know, but just said it supersedes the older ones with no changes. Hmm, why even change from AD to AE if there were no change.

Anyways, hoping something else got fix by Mopar.

OP
OP

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thanks for letting us know about the pads.
I was going to purchase the correction pads, but not know if Mopar actually did any changes.
I just picked up the AE version yesterday. Have not opened the box yet.

I did ask the dealer what the update was, and he did not know, but just said it supersedes the older ones with no changes. Hmm, why even change from AD to AE if there were no change.

Anyways, hoping something else got fix by Mopar.
I see you are local to me. Do you mind sharing where and for how much you picked up your AE kit? PM me if you prefer.

actionplus

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Picked it up from Alhambra. Think they are called Bravo Jeep. Not sure if they have more, as the shop guy was looking all over town for the AE. Most of them were out of it.
I saw a shop in Montclair I think that was selling the AD for 1150.

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Just got my lift put on today at local dealer. 77072430AE for me. Mine does have the Fox shock covers and I notice the wood box has a date of 12/15/2020. Also as the other member suggested I got 15% off by just asking (did get an email that Mopar was offering it) which made it $1362 after tax and another $430 for install. Not bad IMO. I definitely plan on adding Frt/Rear trackbars.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift - 77072430AB vs AC, AD, AE opinions please 011DD7B4-EAE7-46CE-BF52-AC84C3010C24

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar lift - 77072430AB vs AC, AD, AE opinions please 1F7F2F1F-28B9-43B5-B781-FB008E41700E
Sponsored