Razvan_JLU

First Name
Razvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE JLUR
Anyone with true 35s and no lift?
Mounted mines (Goodyear Duratracs) with extra 50mm wheel spacers and loving the look, but I am already looking for a few things to avoid rubbing or hitting the fenders. Probably bump stops going on soon and maybe the US fenders if still not happy.

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-03 at 22.25.11 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-03 at 22.25.11 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-03 at 22.25.11.jpeg

OP
OP
taram

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
I’m running Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx 315/70R17 which are said to be 34.6” of actual size . I have no lift or any other mods in suspension, only 1.5” wheel spacers (there was a rubbing on the front LCAs without them) and US high line fender flares. Did a lot of mild to difficult off-roading (not rock crawling) - no issues so far, extremely happy. Would definitely rub with stock fender flares.

UK-Limey

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I have mine on 315/70/17 or 34,4 inch BFG All Terrain. I have a levelling kit and a terraflex adjustable trackbar. I bought it when I realized that my Ruby got much more dirty at the driver side and then realized that the lift had shifted the tires a little bit to the drivers side.

I have on order a Rugged Ridge Snorkel along with a side steps and Spare tire delete kit along with some more stuff from Quadratec. Then I´m gonna install a ARB TWin Compressor under the passenger seat.

Here is my beauty ;-).

Jeep Wrangler JL EURO-spec Rubicons owners - share your wheels/tires mods please WhatsApp Image 2021-01-03 at 22.25.11
Great looking set-up !
How did you manage to mount the lights and still keep the original (plastic) bumper ? I would be really interested to know how this can be done.

Razvan_JLU

First Name
Razvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE JLUR
For anyone looking to go completely stock (no US fenders, no lift, stock wheels) with with true 35s on their Rubicons you need to know its possible but see a few remarks below.

A lot of people think they actually need a lift for bigger tires which is not the case. A friend of mine went with no lift and US fenders + bump stops with 38.5 inch tires - he's doing a lot of difficult off-road like recoveries etc.

Remarks:
- you will need wheel spacers with stock wheels, otherwise you will rub on lower control arms - alternative is to use a aftermarket wheel with around 14 - 24 offset
- after a few tries, 50mm spacers are very nice looking but not practical
- ideally it should be 30mm spacers (but you will have to grind the wheel studs) so I will change my 50mm with 35mm, which fit without any issue (only on the stock wheel !!! may not fit with other wheels)
- will need bump stops - there is an easy hack without throwing money - 2 hockey pucks for each front and for the rear you can use 50mm rectangular pipes from your DYI shop.
- luckily the JL has already holes where the front and rear bump stops are to be added, so no drilling is required.

Will post a review soon with this setup at work, on some trails.

Sponsored

Aage

First Name
Aki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020, 2.2L diesel
Great looking set-up !
How did you manage to mount the lights and still keep the original (plastic) bumper ? I would be really interested to know how this can be done.
Sorry for late reply. Have been busy. I used a little lightbar I got for my previous Suzuki Jimny. It has a L bracket. I took the plastic bumper off and used the mounting holes on the L bracket and drilled trough the metal bumper that is inside of the plastic bumper. Very easy and simple to do. It looks like this one.
Jeep Wrangler JL EURO-spec Rubicons owners - share your wheels/tires mods please Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 03.09.02

Aage

First Name
Aki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then I recently added the tow hooks. Bought them from Ebay along with the these two brackets.

I removed the original Tow Hook ( the round circle one , it has two of these brackets, but I needed two more for the other two hook.

Bought it used from Ebay. Then just cut a little from the plastic to make it fit and sprayed it FlameRed.
Jeep Wrangler JL EURO-spec Rubicons owners - share your wheels/tires mods please Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 03.14.50

Jeep Wrangler JL EURO-spec Rubicons owners - share your wheels/tires mods please Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 03.12.45
Jeep Wrangler JL EURO-spec Rubicons owners - share your wheels/tires mods please Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 03.21.31

Aage

First Name
Aki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For anyone looking to go completely stock (no US fenders, no lift, stock wheels) with with true 35s on their Rubicons you need to know its possible but see a few remarks below.

A lot of people think they actually need a lift for bigger tires which is not the case. A friend of mine went with no lift and US fenders + bump stops with 38.5 inch tires - he's doing a lot of difficult off-road like recoveries etc.

Remarks:
- you will need wheel spacers with stock wheels, otherwise you will rub on lower control arms - alternative is to use a aftermarket wheel with around 14 - 24 offset
- after a few tries, 50mm spacers are very nice looking but not practical
- ideally it should be 30mm spacers (but you will have to grind the wheel studs) so I will change my 50mm with 35mm, which fit without any issue (only on the stock wheel !!! may not fit with other wheels)
- will need bump stops - there is an easy hack without throwing money - 2 hockey pucks for each front and for the rear you can use 50mm rectangular pipes from your DYI shop.
- luckily the JL has already holes where the front and rear bump stops are to be added, so no drilling is required.

Will post a review soon with this setup at work, on some trails.
At first I had 35 inch BFG AT tires with no lift , no spacers. It did rub a little bit on the lower control arms but, there is a Steering stop adjustment screw on the inside of the brake caliber. Its enough to turn it out just few mm out to avoid rubbing.

I dont like Wheel Spacers even if it looks beautiful and fancy bc it makes the car get much dirtier with the wheels sticking out beyond the fender flares. I rather like to reduce the turning radius a little bit to keep it cleaner , especially in winter with all the salt and tar spraying from the roads, I have even thougth of going down to 285 from the 315 tires to get a little bit more protection from the fender flares. But I will probably stick with the 315 to get a better driveability in the snow and a little more riding height for offroading.

Last edited:

Razvan_JLU

First Name
Razvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE JLUR
At first I had 35 inch BFG AT tires with no lift , no spacers. It did rub a little bit on the lower control arms but, there is a Steering stop adjustment screw on the inside of the brake caliber. Its enough to turn it out just few mm out to avoid rubbing.
That is some nice stuff, had no idea about it! Definitely very good information, thanks!

SnoWhite

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara

I dont like Wheel Spacers even if it looks beautiful and fancy bc it makes the car get much dirtier with the wheels sticking out beyond the fender flares. I rather like to reduce the turning radius a little bit to keep it cleaner , especially in winter with all the salt and tar spraying from the roads, I have even thougth of going down to 285 from the 315 tires to get a little bit more protection from the fender flares. But I will probably stick with the 315 to get a better driveability in the snow and a little more riding height for offroading.
Aki,

I live in Germany and also drive the 315/70 R17 BFG AT tires (and am very happy with them). I have noticed, too, that my Jeep gets a lot dirtier compared to the factory tire setting, but have learned to live with it.

If it really bothers you, you should visit the online store of the guys from ORZ in Munich. They have developped 38mm fender flare extensions that almost look like factory (not the cheap glue-on-version, but something properly mounted to the original fender flares and more durable).

The garage that has installed my lift and some other mods (Allrad Pauli, really cool people, by the way) has got some good pictures of the extensions installed somewhere on their facebook thread.

Take care,

Michael

Sponsored

Aage

First Name
Aki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aki,

I live in Germany and also drive the 315/70 R17 BFG AT tires (and am very happy with them). I have noticed, too, that my Jeep gets a lot dirtier compared to the factory tire setting, but have learned to live with it.

If it really bothers you, you should visit the online store of the guys from ORZ in Munich. They have developped 38mm fender flare extensions that almost look like factory (not the cheap glue-on-version, but something properly mounted to the original fender flares and more durable).

The garage that has installed my lift and some other mods (Allrad Pauli, really cool people, by the way) has got some good pictures of the extensions installed somewhere on their facebook thread.

Take care,

Michael
That is interesting. Do you have any idea how to contact them ?. I live in Iceland and maybe I could buy from them and have it sent to me.

SnoWhite

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
That is interesting. Do you have any idea how to contact them ?. I live in Iceland and maybe I could buy from them and have it sent to me.
Just go via their homepage: http://meinjeepshop.de/

It is available in English, too, and when I contacted them a while ago, they were really friendly and helpful.

If you should not be successful, send me a PM and I try to contact them here in Germany - I well know how it is to try and find a way to buy parts somewhere abroad and am always happy myself if locals are willing to help me out...

Aage

First Name
Aki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just go via their homepage: http://meinjeepshop.de/

It is available in English, too, and when I contacted them a while ago, they were really friendly and helpful.

If you should not be successful, send me a PM and I try to contact them here in Germany - I well know how it is to try and find a way to buy parts somewhere abroad and am always happy myself if locals are willing to help me out...
Thanks a lot :).

Razvan_JLU

First Name
Razvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE JLUR
Updates: my setup with 35s and 2 inch bump-stops works perfect, along with wheel-spacers and stock wheels.

Using JScan I have also updated my computer to know that I run 35's (speedo and shifting are now operating accordingly). I also changed tyre pressure threshold to only raise warnings below 25psi. And I de-activated rear-seat-belts sounds, as is way to sensitive.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Aki,

Take care,

Michael
Did you have any issue with TĂśV?
Sponsored