Sponsored

Things you have learned the Hard way about owning a Jeep.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Itā€™s very hard to keep all the girls away. Itā€™s embarrassing. Iā€™m married and my wife is not amused. But I canā€™t help it. With the Jeep, I look like Iā€™m a 6ā€™3ā€, 25 year old with a 30ā€ waist and 44ā€ chest And a full head of brown hair. I donā€™t know what to do about this problem.

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I learned that life is too short to use a crappy air compressor. #JustDoIt

08717825-A075-44DD-A09D-C912FD007AB3_4_5005_c.jpeg
41A86A2F-20ED-437A-8717-CC9BFA7E7DD2_1_201_a.jpeg
How do you like it? I've been thinking of biting that bullet. Do you hook up to your battery or did you wire up a way to power it without opening your hood?

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I learned that people will stare at you like you are a loon if you are sitting at a stoplight waiting for your wife to bring you a wrench so you can take the drive shaft out after dropping a u-joint. Especially when it is pouring rain, you don't have your top and you are trying to look like this is just a normal thing to be doing.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Itā€™s very hard to keep all the girls away. Itā€™s embarrassing. Iā€™m married and my wife is not amused. But I canā€™t help it. With the Jeep, I look like Iā€™m a 6ā€™3ā€, 25 year old with a 30ā€ waist and 44ā€ chest And a full head of brown hair. I donā€™t know what to do about this problem.
Add a dog to the mix and you'll have the ladies hanging out petting your dog and chatting when your wife gets back from shopping while you waited in the parking lot. Ask me how I know.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I learned that Chrysler hasn't changed their ways in the 45+ years I've been driving, owning, and wrenching vehicles. They still have poor quality control. I love the JL design, but the execution and follow thru by dealers leaves a lot to be desired. But I'm getting used to it. I now just figure fixing things on it is on me and my dime.

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
I have noticed that some people can be sensitive, but also don't handle sarcasm well either. The primary issue is that people have strong opinions and are will to share them, which is good. As an example, when people put on an angry grill and ask for opinions and then get upset when some people (informal poll shows 86.7%) don't like them.

Go on a Facebook group and watch the complete meltdowns over this exact issue. It devolves into almost a Neanderthal level of intelligence and reasoning, but I can't stop reading. I mean look at the images of this Gladiator is selling after determining they weren't a Jeep person. It is a train wreck beyond any known proportion and I can't help but wonder what the hell was going on in this persons head!!

D6E72F91-2981-4F62-93A2-3A9A9109D68C.jpeg

AC1FD031-19B0-4F96-B485-8A6CD770C25D.jpeg

IMG_9200.jpeg
I just thought that was the new Mad Max package!

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
I escaped disaster yesterday. When you ask Alexa if itā€™s going to rain and she says, ā€œno,ā€ she doesnā€™t know what sheā€™s talking about. I was going to drive my topless JL out to dinner last night, but saw lots of heavy grey clouds outside, so we took the wifeā€™s JL (top on). Twenty minutes after arriving to dinner the rain came down in buckets. Donā€™t believe Alexa.
Iā€™ve found that it will rain 100% of the time if I leave the top off my Jeep or wash it. And oh yes, Alexa is completely clueless with all things weather related, LOL!

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
I learned that people will stare at you like you are a loon if you are sitting at a stoplight waiting for your wife to bring you a wrench so you can take the drive shaft out after dropping a u-joint. Especially when it is pouring rain, you don't have your top and you are trying to look like this is just a normal thing to be doing.
Why didn't you just push the close top button? :giggle:

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I learned that for Jeep owners there is no escaping the 'Mod Bug''...Having previously owned 3 Ford Raptors, the only mod I did to any of them was to upgrade the audio system in my last one. My previous RAM and well as my current Longhorn, zero mods except for upgrading tires (I really like KO2's) day one. When I first looked at Jeep Wragler's, I thought OK, I'll just order the Rubicon the way I want from the start and there would be little desire to upgrade with the exception of a planned audio upgrade and probably adding a winch, I had even told myself the factory 33" tires were more than enough (they really are) for a 2-door JL...
Damm, I could not have been more wrong...Not only did I get bit by the Mod Bug, it sunk it's fangs into me like a damm vampire! I also learned the true meaning of Jeep: Just Empty Every Pocket...

PunKin

First Name
Pj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (SOLD)
Occupation
Growth Engineering Tech
Vehicle Showcase
I learned that Instead of buying a Sport to mod into a Rubicon, buy a Rubicon :whew:

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It's hard to stay dry in the rain when your top is in the garage and the rest of your Jeep isn't...

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Diversity of taste and mods is on so very ends of the spectrum. I have been a part of many other car communities and those folks kind of all mod the same way, same look etc. NOT JEEP!!!
Sponsored