Sponsored

Really great Bronco features you'd like in the Wrangler

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
It's 2021, make LED lighting and proximity locks standard. It's a simple money grab for FCA bc they haven't had any competition and could get away with charging for it. Really glad to see the bronco coming..
No thanks. Making certain things standard, rather than having them as an option would have a negative impact on sales.
Sponsored

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
No thanks. Making certain things standard, rather than having them as an option would have a negative impact on sales.
One thing’s for sure, there’s no reason for the Wrangler to have a 5” radio standard. Touch screens are a dime a dozen these days.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Why would standardizing LED lights and proximity locks hurt sales? Most other vehicle MFG's have been including that as standard equipment for years.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Why would standardizing LED lights and proximity locks hurt sales? Most other vehicle MFG's have been including that as standard equipment for years.
Led lights don't generate enough heat and allow snow and ice build up in extremely cold climates. Proximity locks add cost, higher cost hurts sales, especially when that added cost is being charged to a customer in Florida who will never have the doors on their rig. A stripped down base model is very attractive to certain buyers, especially in the most utilitarian vehicle on the market.

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Led lights don't generate enough heat and allow snow and ice build up in extremely cold climates. Proximity locks add cost, higher cost hurts sales, especially when that added cost is being charged to a customer in Florida who will never have the doors on their rig. A stripped down base model is very attractive to certain buyers, especially in the most utilitarian vehicle on the market.
Meh...the cost to install proximity locks during assembly is minimal. I'd wager the vast majority of JL buyers prefer LED lighting and it wouldn't hurt sales. Otherwise, most other vehicle MFG's wouldn't have elected to standardize these things. Now that the base bronco has these things included, let's watch FCA magically elect to follow suit in the 2022 or 2023 model year. :beer:

Last edited:

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Meh...the cost to install proximity locks during assembly is minimal. I'd wager the vast majority of JL buyers prefer LED lighting and it wouldn't hurt sales. Otherwise, most other vehicle MFG's wouldn't have elected to standardize these things. Now that the base bronco has these things included, let's watch FCA magically elect to follow suit in the 2022 or 2023 model year. :beer:
Comparing what other manufacturers do to the only topless, doorless, offroad model on the market for the last 40 years is kind of a moot point in my opinion. Nobody else offers front and rear lockers or sway bar disconnects either, maybe jeep should get rid of them? The bronco is Ford's knock off of a Wrangler, not the other way around. In my opinion, adding the offroad goodies as an option to the base model would do more for sales than adding more tech. There is still a large population of the jeep community that doesn't want tech features at all, moreso than any other vehicle in America for sure.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I'd wager the vast majority of JL buyers prefer LED lighting and it wouldn't hurt sales. Otherwise, most other vehicle MFG's wouldn't have elected to standardize these things.
A Jeep Wrangler is a Jeep Wrangler. It's not every other vehicle out there... Who cares what other manufacturers do? The Wrangler is the standard in it's market and always be. Many Wrangler owners, including myself want to keep it as utilitarian as possible relative to modern standards. It should never be compared to other manufacturers.

Adding both options would increase the base MSRP. More importantly many buyers just don't want extra options regardless of cost. LEDs are way too bright for city driving, they struggle with snow and even though they physically are nice it takes away from the "classic" look of a Jeep. Proximity is just something I don't want either. Leave Jeeps as customizable as possible and let the owner decide.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
So, there's a yearning for the Rubicon options to be made available to the Sport model and the death of the 5" radio? Isn't that the definition of a stripped down Rubicon?

If anything, I'd vote for the 3 main models to remain as is, but to standardize the 44's.

Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I bet the key fob isn't the size of a brick...
My Raptor key fob is huge too. Dunno why. :headbang:

The Ford feature I’d most like to have is customer service. If that seems like a pretty low bar to meet, it is, but it’s still a stretch for FCA.

Last edited:

Timdog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Jeep needs a slimmer remote like Fords with a led indicator that lets you know if your vehicle has started or not..also Fordpass is a FREE app with tons of cool features along with the remote start.. I’m still shaking my head at the crazy monthly fees FCA wants us to pay when others have way better than Ûconnect & for free

D8CABD1A-4C3F-4ECB-8F19-D89644F11238.jpeg

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I'm fine with just keeping remote start and everything on the fob. I don't know how Ford Pass or whatever works, but my wife has a Hyundai Kona and has to remote start through an app on her phone. Takes her nearly a solid minute to pull everything up and send the "request" to the car to start, whereas I can point my fob at the vehicle and click twice in a second. I don't know why car makers are so into overcomplicating things.

Timdog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
I'm fine with just keeping remote start and everything on the fob. I don't know how Ford Pass or whatever works, but my wife has a Hyundai Kona and has to remote start through an app on her phone. Takes her nearly a solid minute to pull everything up and send the "request" to the car to start, whereas I can point my fob at the vehicle and click twice in a second. I don't know why car makers are so into overcomplicating things.
That’s great if your close to your Jeep & even still you don’t know if it’s started or not until you get to your vehicle..also with Fordpass you can start the vehicle from anywhere which is good for me because I work in a huge plant & the key fab won’t go the distance from where I work & park..+ it has a schedule to work any day or time which Is great in the winter as I use to startup in the am before & after work to warm it up or cool it down & you can even roll your windows up & down as well, best part it’s all free which is huge IMO