Sponsored

New Rear Hardtop Light Bar Kit for your 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler! | Diode Dynamics

mbspark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Was planning to pull the trigger on this, but afraid due to the bracket issues.

Also, can anyone speak to the lighting when the window is up?? I want to illuminate an area when hunting (dark before sunset, dark after) where I'm un-packing and packing. The rear window will be up, but I still want the area lit.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Have you gotten the bracket issue sorted out for the rear roof mounted lightbar yet?
Hey there! We received our new shipments of brackets last week and are testing them as we speak!

-Collin

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Any updates on the new brackets? Not only do these bad brackets bend due to bad fitment, but they also rub against the plastic hinge cover due to the bend/poor fit. I'd like to get the proper brackets ASAP!

IMG_3868.jpeg
Hey DellCook! We are testing our new shipment of brackets on a JL as we speak. We have put aside a set of brackets aside to send over to you as soon as we confirm fitment! If anyone else has experienced a fitment issue with their brackets, please shoot me a PM!

-Collin

Last edited:

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Hey DellCook! We are testing our new shipment of brackets on a JL as we speak. We have put aside a set of brackets aside to send over to you as soon as we confirm fitment! If anyone else has experienced a fitment with their brackets, please shoot me a PM!

-Collin
Awesome, thank you! Will send you a PM now...

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Kudos to @ShockerRacing for making their awesome video featuring both Topsy Hoist Hinge and this rear bar to confirm compatibility. I too will confirm compatibility with pictures to show how it looks. I made sure to torque down the bolt to spec. For those with bracket issues, there is a slight amount of play in the holes of the brackets, make sure to push them closest to the middle as possible as you tighten down, made a huge difference!
Jeep Wrangler JL New Rear Hardtop Light Bar Kit for your 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler! | Diode Dynamics cvlAm2i1S3GASrQ9ujcXCA_thumb_286e

Jeep Wrangler JL New Rear Hardtop Light Bar Kit for your 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler! | Diode Dynamics UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_280c

Jeep Wrangler JL New Rear Hardtop Light Bar Kit for your 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler! | Diode Dynamics UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2814

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Kudos to @ShockerRacing for making their awesome video featuring both Topsy Hoist Hinge and this rear bar to confirm compatibility. I too will confirm compatibility with pictures to show how it looks. I made sure to torque down the bolt to spec. For those with bracket issues, there is a slight amount of play in the holes of the brackets, make sure to push them closest to the middle as possible as you tighten down, made a huge difference!
Jeep Wrangler JL New Rear Hardtop Light Bar Kit for your 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler! | Diode Dynamics UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2814

Thank you for sharing this! You are correct, there is a slight bit of play in the bolt hole, allowing for adjustment. We recommend aligning and tightening the light bar itself to the brackets before tightening the brackets to the hinge.

-Collin

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler

We recently released a video explaining the differences between lumens, lux, and candela and which of the 3 determine the true output of an automotive LED bulb or lamp. Check it out above!

Also, don't forget to PM us for free standard-economy USPS shipping!

-John C.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
@Diode Dynamics I am late to this thread and am quite interested in this product but wanted to ask - do you have any photos of the output of the amber version of this?

Also, any photos or feedback about how well this works with the rear window open?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
@Diode Dynamics I am late to this thread and am quite interested in this product but wanted to ask - do you have any photos of the output of the amber version of this?

Also, any photos or feedback about how well this works with the rear window open?
Hey Matt!

We don't have any Stage Series 30" LED Light Bar output shots with our flood optic in amber on file. However, we do have an output shot of our Stage Series 6" LED Light Bar with our wide fog optic in amber!

Jeep Wrangler JL New Rear Hardtop Light Bar Kit for your 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler! | Diode Dynamics Diode6_Amber_Wide

Unfortunately, the Jeep JL Wrangler Rear Hardtop Bracket Kit wasn't designed to operate with the rear window open during operation. Now, depending on the shade of tint on the rear window, there still will be useable light for functional use to some degree. We've provided images below for reference.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Rear Hardtop Light Bar Kit for your 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler! | Diode Dynamics Jeep_JL_Wrangler_Rear_Hardtop_Bracket_hatch
Jeep Wrangler JL New Rear Hardtop Light Bar Kit for your 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler! | Diode Dynamics Jeep_JL_Wrangler_Rear_Hardtop_Bracket_hatch-close
Jeep Wrangler JL New Rear Hardtop Light Bar Kit for your 2018-2019 Jeep JL Wrangler! | Diode Dynamics Jeep_JL_Wrangler_Rear_Hardtop_Bracket_hatch-close-2

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
TEJtZ7P.jpg

Our Memorial Day sale starts NOW! Today through Friday, 6/4/2021, save 15% on all LED upgrades, including our Stage Series LED Light Bar Bracket Kits by entering coupon code "USA15" at checkout!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday, 6/4/2021. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
TtEA16e.jpg

Our July 4th Sale starts NOW! Today through Thursday, 7/8/2021, save 15% on all LED upgrades, including our newly released SSC1 LED Pod, by entering coupon code "JULY4" at checkout!

Plus, all orders over $300 will receive an exclusive Diode hat!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Thursday, 7/8/2021. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Hr9AqB9.jpg

LAST CHANCE TO SAVE!!! Until 11:59 p.m. CST on 7/8/2021, you can use coupon code "JULY4" at checkout for 15% off your entire order of lighting upgrades,including our newly released SSC1 LED Pod! Don't wait, this sale ends TONIGHT!

Plus, all orders over $300 will receive a free Diode hat!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Thursday, 7/8/2021. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Do you guys offer free shipping (in the US) with all of your products to forum members or just light bar kits? What about LED Pods, fog lights, etc. Thank you

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Do you guys offer free shipping (in the US) with all of your products to forum members or just light bar kits? What about LED Pods, fog lights, etc. Thank you
We offer free shipping on all products for US forum members.

Feel free to send us a PM for the exclusive code!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Hi there! The current is 9.8 amps. We don't have any plans at this time to offer a separately wired red center lightbar at this time.

-Collin
Do you have a red light that WE as consumers could install and wire as a third brake light in place of the center light?
Sponsored