Sponsored

JeepHead

First Name
Amarinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
So, the Canadian price for Rubicon 4xe is at $59995 with upgrades worth around CAD 3200. That makes it about only $4500 more expensive from the Rubicon base model price. I have been trying to find a catch with this pricing as it’s too good to be true. Offering PHEV with upgrades for only a minor bump in the price!!! Usually auto manufacturers charge high prices for PHEV variants. That makes me question my recent decision of ordering a Rubicon 3.6l V6 etorque with almost a similar price tag of 4xe Rubicon 😅 (thinking about cancelling the order and changing it to Rubicon 4xe). Why would anyone buy a Wrangler other than the 4xe then? May be it’s a promotional offer as they call the vehicles “launch editions”.

Moreover there’s not much tax rebate and point of sale discount options in Canada as the base price of the Rubicon exceeds CAD 55000. Little frustrating.
Sponsored

Skeethree

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe, 2022 Rav4 Prime, 2020 Highlande Hybrid
Occupation
Architect
I saw all the 4xe discussion. Went to my local dealer on 12/28 and ordered a Hybrid JLUR. With both safety groups, towing, and proximity, list was $56,500. Dealer only discounted $2500, but gave us $39,000 trade in for our 2018 JLUR. The 4xe already includes full Alpine audio, LED package and auto. Subtracting the price for these three items, the 4xe is about $4500 more than non-Hybrid. After the $7500 tax credit, the 4xe is $3000 cheaper than a standard Rubicon, and you get an extra 100 hp, 170 ft-lbs of torque, and better gas mileage. I don’t believe Jeep has released gas mileage figures once the battery is depleted (it does recharge during braking, and downhill), but we have two Toyota hybrids, and they average about 30% better than standard. Makes no sense to buy anything but the 4xe.

dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
Man it seems like everyone except those of us unfortunate enough to be in California are getting nice deals. Congrats and hope to snag a deal too, before the tax rebate ends.

Skeethree

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe, 2022 Rav4 Prime, 2020 Highlande Hybrid
Occupation
Architect
Man it seems like everyone except those of us unfortunate enough to be in California are getting nice deals. Congrats and hope to snag a deal too, before the tax rebate ends.
Good luck, I was amazed at trading in a three year old JLUR for more than 90% of it's original cost. Jeep is in perfect condition, but still a great number. I think until everyone gets on board with the 4XE there will be some deals out there.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I will also be selling my 2018 JLU Sahara when the 4xe comes in. I would love to get anywhere close to $39k. I checked with car buying services and Vroom offered $37,000 but of course I'm not ready to sell it until I get the new one so will have to see if clicking over into 2021 has a noticable impact on that price.

Sponsored

SteveTigers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but here's the super exhaustive list of standard features on the rubicon 4xe.
I see that remote keyless entry is on the list of standard options. When I had a build sheet out together, it was listed as an option. Hmmmm.....

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I see that remote keyless entry is on the list of standard options. When I had a build sheet out together, it was listed as an option. Hmmmm.....
I'm guessing you saw remote proximity keyless entry as an option which is different than remote keyless entry.

Sponsored

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
One extra potential plus to a 4xe is a where you’ll be from a depreciation standpoint. Say the wrangler retains 75% value after 3 years. That’s from the sale price. We aren’t paying the sale price, we’re poteitnslly paying $7500 less than the sale price, giving a potential head start against depreciation. Meaning our 50k 4xe costs us 42.5k after tax rebate. However the depreciation is off of the 50k. Maybe just wishful thinking long game.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
One extra potential plus to a 4xe is a where you’ll be from a depreciation standpoint. Say the wrangler retains 75% value after 3 years. That’s from the sale price. We aren’t paying the sale price, we’re poteitnslly paying $7500 less than the sale price, giving a potential head start against depreciation. Meaning our 50k 4xe costs us 42.5k after tax rebate. However the depreciation is off of the 50k. Maybe just wishful thinking long game.
I would lean towards wishful thinking there. It’s been noted that on other EV or PHEV’s the used market factors in that only the first owner gets the rebate, and depreciation starts from there. Now whether the natural increased resale retention of wranglers may temper that affect, only time will tell.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
I would lean towards wishful thinking there. It’s been noted that on other EV or PHEV’s the used market factors in that only the first owner gets the rebate, and depreciation starts from there. Now whether the natural increased resale retention of wranglers may temper that affect, only time will tell.
true I think it will meet somewhere in the middle. In the long run may help a little. Can’t hurt!

PriceForFlight

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I've seen invoice pricing on the forum for the Sahara 4XE from people that have posted their order sheets, does anyone have Rubicon 4XE invoice pricing?
Sponsored