What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

M1kefries

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
What color were the wires at the hitch? Mine are on the way. Any info appreciated.
sorry it’s been a while since I spliced into that harness And don’t recall the wire colors. I just used a test light to identify / verify the pins in the plug for reverse and ground. Then peeled back the sleeve over the wire bundle and tapped into the wires from the two pins identified to a weather pack connector.

ralphgb

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
sorry it’s been a while since I spliced into that harness And don’t recall the wire colors. I just used a test light to identify / verify the pins in the plug for reverse and ground. Then peeled back the sleeve over the wire bundle and tapped into the wires from the two pins identified to a weather pack connector.
The reverse wire is white/orange stripe and the ground is black.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Installed winch and bar yesterday along with replacing floor mats and added some decals to the wife’s Rubi. I ended up modifying the cover so it could be used, looked odd without it. Our blue anodized Pro Link will be here Wednesday.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 35FA7724-02D8-4A51-8846-9643BDDBBD5A
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E30614AC-C135-497D-A015-98A3F8785980
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4C9FE8AB-C4A3-48F5-8DB5-07B39CF3B0CA

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4C9FE8AB-C4A3-48F5-8DB5-07B39CF3B0CA

Got my first badge of honor in the mail today! definitely was an easier trail but you have to start somewhere... Where does everyone like them best? I've seen a couple different ideas but haven't decided yet.
Mine is still on the desk. Did Peter's mill back in April last year.....

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Found out that the clips holding the hood insulation don’t come out cleanly even with the proper removal tool, so I’ll have to replace a couple of them.
I've been mucking about with vehicles for 30+ years now. My new JLU is, far and away, the one most clearly designed for rapid assembly on the factory line.

Said differently: It's a challenge -- and a victory -- to retain serviceable fasteners on the Jeep after their removal...even when using the correct tool. That's just one example. The same R&R effort would barely be an afterthought on almost any other vehicle that I've owned...particularly the Hondas, which should surprise no one.

The foregoing has increased my respect for the guys that install lift kits in their garages. If any of you are reading this post, and I ever decide to take on a similar challenge, expect a PM from me. I pay in beer. Or food. Or food and beer! :)

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
This came today and will be installed very soon !
Nice, have the JL300 (lower in dash unit) and am happy with it. Have three switches used, and three to fill! Haven't had it for a ton of hours, but searching around here, have not yet found any other users with negative feedback. Enjoy!

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
Nice, have the JL300 (lower in dash unit) and am happy with it. Have three switches used, and three to fill! Haven't had it for a ton of hours, but searching around here, have not yet found any other users with negative feedback. Enjoy!
Yes that’s the one I got the jl300 can’t wait to install it!

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
Installed the Brawlee light Bar today. I did it only to use the 12v plug when I need it. I made a custom holder for the plug so it is faster to plug in. I may run a switch at some point but for my needs this will be great.

The holder is a leftover rubber bumper for the spare tire from my tailgate reenforcement. It fit the cargo rack hole perfectly. I then installed a PVC pipe connector and cut a notch so the 12V plug snaps in.

I ran the wires thru the plastic track and made a small notch for the wire to enter the track. I then ran the resining wire thru the existing wire loom and followed the wires out thru the disconnect for the hard top. Made for a very clean install. The remote transmitter fit in that housing also.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0990

Here is the notch entering the plastic trim

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0988

Here is the plug cleanly coming out of the disconnect housing. I zip tied my cable due to I most likely with not take the top off, if I do then a quick zip tie cut and it can be disconnected.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0991

Here is the plug which hangs downward under the cargo tray

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0992

Here is the rubber bumper sitting flush on the inside of my cargo rack. I a zip tie on the left holding the plug up out of the way

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0993

Here is the inside of the PVC with the notch

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0996

Here is the OEM wire loom I ran the wire thru

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0999

Last edited:

Buffalomtn

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Installed front Rokblokz mud flaps on my JLUR. Easy install and they shipped quick.

HarleyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2013 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Retired US Navy
Installed winch and bar yesterday along with replacing floor mats and added some decals to the wife’s Rubi. I ended up modifying the cover so it could be used, looked odd without it. Our blue anodized Pro Link will be here Wednesday.
Looks Great!!!...where did you get the bar band decal from? Great looking JEEP ;-)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Installed front Rokblokz mud flaps on my JLUR. Easy install and they shipped quick.
I've had them now since they first came out, which I think is over 2 years, and I've put them through the ringer. They are holding up very well and still look like new. I like that they are quick removal, but I've never taken them off. They have stood up to all the off-roading I could throw at them.