Sponsored

Really great Bronco features you'd like in the Wrangler

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
You should get rid of your Jeep now and reserve a Bronco because you are in the wrong crowd.
lol he's where he wants to be at the moment, chill.

Anyway, you people going on and on about the bronco suspension are absolutely out of your minds. I often wonder what you guys do for day jobs that you're so ready and willing to judge stuff before you've even had your hands on it, let alone anyone in the world has had their hands on it. In my line of work, you'd be fired before your first day was out.

Where has sense gone in this world lol It's 2020. Independent suspension in 2020 is not the same as it's always been forever and ever, amen. People comparing this to stuff on SUVs in the 90s lol

Insanity. Just wait and judge the thing with your own test drive in the best scenario and through offroading reviewers you watch and trust in the second best scenario. If you're not willing to do that, to me and people like me, your uninformed and outdated opinion is garbage.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
lol he's where he wants to be at the moment, chill.

Anyway, you people going on and on about the bronco suspension are absolutely out of your minds. I often wonder what you guys do for day jobs that you're so ready and willing to judge stuff before you've even had your hands on it, let alone anyone in the world has had their hands on it. In my line of work, you'd be fired before your first day was out.

Where has sense gone in this world lol It's 2020. Independent suspension in 2020 is not the same as it's always been forever and ever, amen. People comparing this to stuff on SUVs in the 90s lol

Insanity. Just wait and judge the thing with your own test drive in the best scenario and through offroading reviewers you watch and trust in the second best scenario. If you're not willing to do that, to me and people like me, your uninformed and outdated opinion is garbage.
It’s funny because they’re so butthurt over a difference of opinions. Like you called their new born baby ugly or something lol. Do they not see the title of the thread?

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
How about something simple like better door seals so I don't have to dump out gallons of water everytime it rains!! Crazy but true!!

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Just chill, dudes. It all goes back to the same thing we've beaten to death: We need to have some people get their hands on it until we can review it. In my opinion, if you're ready to tell us in January of 2021 exactly what the Bronco is capable of, you're off your rocker. By all means allow yourself to look like an idiot, but remind me to steer clear of you when I need a new refrigerator lol

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
You actually think the final product is going to be massively more capable than what's already been shown?

Serious question.
Woof. So much to unpack here.

Uhm. Dude... <sigh>... what I typed had nothing to do with what you just said. In fact, I'm quite open to the possibility that the Bronco may be less capable than what we've "seen."

Just for my own curiosity because the mind of the internet forum troll is fascinating to me: What in my statement,

" We need to have some people get their hands on it until we can review it. In my opinion, if you're ready to tell us in January of 2021 exactly what the Bronco is capable of, you're off your rocker,"

led you to believe I was saying the Bronco would be "massively" more capable?

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
@Sean K.
You gotta relax, man. I asked why you didn't respond because you posted again and didn't respond to me. It's as simple as that. You're getting a little out of hand with the personal insults; just tone it down.

Anyway, as for the content, you're misrepresenting me again. Once more, for clarity, I am of the opinion that I want to see the final, mass market production Bronco in the hands of reviewers with detailed and published specs (as in - what am I looking at in a given video or picture; Big Bend, Badlands, sasquatch, lift, numerous other things) before I judge anything. It's just as simple as that. I never said we can't make "any" judgements about the suspension. Never. I said that independent suspensions have come a long way, something that many of us has discussed to death and mostly agree on. That's it. Whatever else you're spinning out of that is on you. I think anyone who's gonna fully judge the thing right now is crazy.

I, for one, don't need to actually sit in one to know that front left tire still couldn't reach the ground. But, to each their own.
A picture of a pre-production vehicle of unknown specs going over a bump is enough for you to judge the whole suspension situation? I mean, that's fine. And we know the independent suspension isn't gonna plant like a solid axle does, but I just wanna know more. I wanna see more from reviewers when they get their hands on it. I wanna hear from people who test drive it and especially from people who buy it and run it offroad alongside some JLs. I'm not willing to say "I've seen enough" at this point.

And I'm in the "no Bronco" club at the moment. I keep swinging back and forth, but I love my JL too much to let it go anytime soon. I'm out of warranty in a couple months already and I can't believe how fast 3 years went by. Usually I'm itching to get out of a vehicle after this long, but I already have so many cool memories with this jeep doing mods and taking it offroad - and I like the looks way more than the bronco, I've decided.

Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
I wondered if this one would turn into a shit show. It started out so well, but was inevitable.

I for one am getting a Bronco for sure, it will look great beside my wife's Rubi. I fully expect her Jeep to be more capable than the Bronco and I'm comfortable with that.

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Time to ignore you as looking at your posts you bring nothing of value to this forum. Gotta be a snowflake who drives a Prius and wishes his wife would allow him a big boy car.

The forum name should have given it away -- internet tough guy.
You want to talk about value?? How about your post claiming in no uncertain terms you test drove the big FE Bronco which was 100% bullshit. Now if you got confused and it was the Sport...cool, own it. So let's hear it again...DID YOU DRIVE THE FE BIG BRONCO OR NOT? Snowflake?? Not even close..just a staight shooter who has never owned a prius, and yet has many years off roading under my belt. You sound like a tired old man talking shit. If calling you out after giving you chances to right your wrong makes me an internet tough guy then so be it.

What gives you the impression I need my wife to allow to buy what I want? Do tell? Or are you just talking shit..yet again? Enlighten me would you...I'd love to hear it.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
@Sean K.
My theory is that the pics and videos we've seen so far are from heavily modded Broncos, maybe Badlands with sasquatch and some other aftermarket tweaks. The Base might be significantly less capable than what we're being shown and even moreso less capable than a Sport Wrangler due to the IFS. In my mind, that's a huge problem for Ford because a Sport wrangler is super capable, and if the Base bronco absolutely pales in comparison for roughly the same price (just a tad less), Ford's gonna miss out on a big chunk of buyers who aren't willing to shell out 40k+ for a vehicle. I'd totally be willing to try out a 2-door Bronco in a few years if I could get one for around 30-35k, but they're gonna lock people like me out if what I said is true.

About the personal stuff, I really can't tell if you're trying to be ironic for entertainment value. Look, man - where I come from, saying someone is "crazy" to believe something isn't an insult, it's just a common, harmless euphemism. If you're really gonna get bent out of shape and use that to frame me as the one "starting things," then by all means have a field day.

You're still hung up on the 7 minute thing, so clearly you're a bit emotionally distressed right now. Just take some time to take some deep breaths and let me know if you have any other questions for me. But yea, that's what I'm thinking about the Bronco possibly being less capable than what we've been. And I will, as I've said numerous times now, reserve my judgment for when people outside of Ford start getting their hands on actual production models with detailed and verifiable specs we can all look at. I'm thinking that's not gonna happen for quite a few months, though.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
All that said, why would Ford make more substantial modifications than what I listed and then not build the production models that way? What advantage would that give other than a recipe for dissatisfied customers due to unrealistic expectations?
I think they are assuming a lot of potential buyers will be people who really don't know what they're looking at at the end of the day, but just like the look and "cool factor" of vehicles like this right now. Same thing as most jeep buyers not going offroad and maybe even not knowing what a solid axle is.

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Is calling someone an "idiot" while also calling them crazy not supposed to be an insult where you're from?

I get that it's a joke, but it's a joke at someone else's expense. To me, that's still an insult....just a backhanded one.

Not being ironic for entertainment value...simply responding to the comments you've made. If you'll kindly re-read, I didn't address you with anything but content related comments until you'd already made a couple of denigrating remarks in different posts.

I'm completely fine with dropping the personal element from the conversation and am more than agreeable to just talking the specifics of our respective positions. Consider that part dropped on my end, but I'd respectfully ask you to do the same.

So back to the actual topic:

Am I understanding your position correctly? That Ford might have modified the test mules seen in the video/press releases for Moab/Rubicon?

From what I read, the mods were real sliders, better skids and removal of some bumpers. Now, whether or not they did more than that remains to be seen, but I personally don't think it's reasonable to expect a base model Bronco to be comparable in capability to their higher end, Rubicon competition model (Badlands/Sasquatch or whatever they end up calling it).

The interesting thing is the rumors (that have now turned into a lot of speculation) about being able to order a Base model and then upgrade to offroad capable components like f/r lockers, a bigger engine, manual trans with granny 1st, and 35" tires, etc.

If they can do that and deliver it for $35-40K, the Bronco will do pretty well, IMO of course.

All that said, why would Ford make more substantial modifications than what I listed and then not build the production models that way? What advantage would that give other than a recipe for dissatisfied customers due to unrealistic expectations?
Not to bud into to your convo, so excuse my reach here.

I've only seen one use case of the Bronco being outfitted and posed around that doesn't appear that it will be available. That is the Cyber Orange 2DR on 37 inch KM3s (and the Filson). The darn thing doesn't even have a motor and it's sporting what appears to be a wyatts rear and and god knows what up front.
People need to realize they will not be running KOH in this Bronco...I don't think the IFS is anything revolutionary and I wish it was in fact SFA.

Right now I am in the 2DR BL camp w/o Sasquatch. The Sasquatch flares are too wide and I dislike the tires...bloated cow. Ford has indeed confirmed that 2 inch lift will be offered in the B&P in the next month or so. What it entails and cost is still anyones guess. I'd do the non Sasquatch (can still get the 4.7 gearing al a carte..no up charge) with the Ford lift and do 37 KM3s.

Who knows... the Warthog many be another story, but that will be 80K is my guess and wide as a mother..not good for trails other than open desert and of course mall crawling.
Sponsored