First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
Here’s a pic of the Nemesis rear liners. Fronts are on the way.

42B0435D-F985-4BFC-B14A-A2A0447B658F.jpeg

9CF04C92-6063-4EC0-97BE-EB22C23FDBFC.jpeg
Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Here’s a pic of the Nemesis rear liners. Fronts are on the way.

42B0435D-F985-4BFC-B14A-A2A0447B658F.jpeg

9CF04C92-6063-4EC0-97BE-EB22C23FDBFC.jpeg
Awesome thanks for the info. You’re balling pretty hard! Good looking setup. I’m on 2.5 Evo lift on 37 / 12.5 Nitto ridge currently. Did the fender chop and the AAL inners and hw kit. I think I can lower my bump stops (they are 2.5” tall from the Evo lift), given the clearance gained with the fender chop. Gonna do that and see how much I can maximize articulation. I’ve wondered about the potential for 38s on this lift, and with the fender chop...and whether I’d need to trim the body to make room. And then to the point you mentioned - not sure I can trim the body given the AAL inner fender bracketry.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
Im running the 3.5 MetalCloak GameChanger with 1” spacers on 40” Nitto’s. Had to add the spacers when I went to the UD 60’s. They use a JK spring seat which is an inch lower that the JL so I lost an inch. Hopefully MetalCloak will release their 4.5” spring soon.

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Lab Quick Release Inner Fender 9CF04C92-6063-4EC0-97BE-EB22C23FDBFC

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Lab Quick Release Inner Fender 9CF04C92-6063-4EC0-97BE-EB22C23FDBFC

What size bump stops are you using and did it change when you did the fender chop?

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Awesome thanks for the info. You’re balling pretty hard! Good looking setup. I’m on 2.5 Evo lift on 37 / 12.5 Nitto ridge currently. Did the fender chop and the AAL inners and hw kit. I think I can lower my bump stops (they are 2.5” tall from the Evo lift), given the clearance gained with the fender chop. Gonna do that and see how much I can maximize articulation. I’ve wondered about the potential for 38s on this lift, and with the fender chop...and whether I’d need to trim the body to make room. And then to the point you mentioned - not sure I can trim the body given the AAL inner fender bracketry.
Thanks man. You won’t have any issues up front. It’s just the rears if you have to trim. I ran 3” bump in the front and rear on 37’s and had no rubbing whatsoever.

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What size bump stops are you using and did it change when you did the fender chop?
I’m running 4” bump in the front right now with the current setup. This setup is new though. I’ve only had it on for a little over a month. Still making sure it’s dialed in.

When I put the lift on, I did the chop at the same time and went straight to 37’s. I was running 3” bump at that time with no issues.

Sponsored

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I’m running 4” bump in the front right now with the current setup. This setup is new though. I’ve only had it on for a little over a month. Still making sure it’s dialed in.

When I put the lift on, I did the chop at the same time and went straight to 37’s. I was running 3” bump at that time with no issues.
Cool, I have 37s with 3" in the front and 3.5" in the rear with a 3.5" lift. My light/bracket will be here Wednesday so I am trying to see if I can reduce the bumpstops by half an inch maybe. I still have room for the shocks to compress a bit.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
38's will hit the pinch seam, especially if you've done all control arms and recentered the axles in the wheelwells.

I've got the whole AAL assortment, so I'm going to take the long road and modify them to work with an abbreviated pinch seam. It currently prevents full stuff.

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Lab Quick Release Inner Fender 20200831_111646

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
38's will hit the pinch seam, especially if you've done all control arms and recentered the axles in the wheelwells.

I've got the whole AAL assortment, so I'm going to take the long road and modify them to work with an abbreviated pinch seam. It currently prevents full stuff.

Jeep Wrangler JL American Adventure Lab Quick Release Inner Fender 20200831_111646
How’d this turn out?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
How’d this turn out?
Unfortunately, life has been interfering with my sundays off.

Was originally planning on heading to the shop for some trimming yesterday, but had to postpone it. I've been reading out to local Jeep clubs, and one of them threw together an unscheduled meetup "in my honor". Hahaha! I couldn't not go, so fingers crossed for no rain this Sunday.

Amitfisher

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Just be aware that if you go to a big enough tire and have to start trimming in the rear... they won’t work. The mounting bracket will still mount but since the the bracket is following the original body line it be rubbing on it.

I learned the hard way and am now trying to sell both the front and the rear set. I switched to Nemesis.
thanks for this tip! I run 37'' with 2.5'' lift and have rubbing in the front and rear. I was thinking about AAL until I saw your note here .... Can you give me more details on the rubbing on the back? why Nemesis solves the problem?

Sponsored

Amitfisher

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Hi, thanks for this info. I'm also with 2.5'' lift running 37'' and have rubbing front and back with original stock fender liners. Planning to replace to the full kit from AAL, same project you did. Are you happy with the results? did it solve the rubbing issue with the 2.5''lift/37'' tires?

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Hi, thanks for this info. I'm also with 2.5'' lift running 37'' and have rubbing front and back with original stock fender liners. Planning to replace to the full kit from AAL, same project you did. Are you happy with the results? did it solve the rubbing issue with the 2.5''lift/37'' tires?
I was very happy with the results, the kit is great. I don’t think I had rubbing in the front
To begin with, and the kit got rid of my rubbing in the rear. I ended up going from the 2.5” Evo lift to their 3.5” lift. I think Evos 2.5 is lower than other kits. The Evo 3.5 is perfect for 37s imho.

Amitfisher

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
I was very happy with the results, the kit is great. I don’t think I had rubbing in the front
To begin with, and the kit got rid of my rubbing in the rear. I ended up going from the 2.5” Evo lift to their 3.5” lift. I think Evos 2.5 is lower than other kits. The Evo 3.5 is perfect for 37s imho.
Awesome, many thanks. Will call them tmr and order.

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
thanks for this tip! I run 37'' with 2.5'' lift and have rubbing in the front and rear. I was thinking about AAL until I saw your note here .... Can you give me more details on the rubbing on the back? why Nemesis solves the problem?
The Nemesis mount entirely different. Don’t get me wrong. I loved the AAL liners but they wouldn’t work for me where I had to trim. I will admit, I don’t have patience to mess with trying to modify them to get them to work. It’s was just easier to throw in the towel and go with Nemesis. They make an amazing product as well and are made right here in CO.

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR
Do you have a picture?

The Nemesis mount entirely different. Don’t get me wrong. I loved the AAL liners but they wouldn’t work for me where I had to trim. I will admit, I don’t have patience to mess with trying to modify them to get them to work. It’s was just easier to throw in the towel and go with Nemesis. They make an amazing product as well and are made right here in CO.
Sponsored