Walmart Toyo open country m/t price mistake

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL Walmart Toyo open country m/t price mistake SmartSelect_20210103-182424_Chrome

Got $25 seems like a win in my book 😎

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
So you got a promo code for taras garden? Haha

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Last year I ordered a Zeon10s and winch plate from Northridge. They promptly sent me two winches and no winch plate. All documentation showed one of each and I was charged for one of each. As far as Northridge was concerned they sent me one of each. I promptly called them and told them of their mistake (they still seemed puzzled that they made a mistake) and they sent me out the winch plate and I sent back the second winch.

Based on this thread, many of you would have kept the second winch and then sold it to buy the needed winch plate. After all, it was their careless mistake and they have money to "afford the mistake".

Sponsored

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Last year I ordered a Zeon10s and winch plate from Northridge. They promptly sent me two winches and no winch plate. All documentation showed one of each and I was charged for one of each. As far as Northridge was concerned they sent me one of each. I promptly called them and told them of their mistake (they still seemed puzzled that they made a mistake) and they sent me out the winch plate and I sent back the second winch.

Based on this thread, many of you would have kept the second winch and then sold it to buy the needed winch plate. After all, it was their careless mistake and they have money to "afford the mistake".
No that is completely different. That would be theft. We all bought a product they list multiple times at that price. When after two weeks they didn't honor that, they offered a gift card for a courtesy. Don't make us out to look like thieves, we didn't make the listing. We didn't take anything that wasn't ours. They offered the gift card. I just wanted the tires I ordered.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s

No, no, no. I wouldn’t have kept the second winch. I would have returned it for a full refund.....

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Didn't read through all the previous pages but that's something else I forgot to mention. My order was cancelled several times before they finally sent the WRONG tires :) Walmart's been doing this for years. I tried ordering some toyo 35's about 8 years ago and it was this same scam.

It's extremely hard to find any discounts on Toyo tires. At one point I was buying them used off craigslist and local sources because so many people swap their tires with 30% tread remaining. On a Toyo MT that's another 30k miles :LOL:
@Rodeoflyer
I hardly run any tires past 50-60%. Toyo MT's included. I sell them while I can still get a decent chunk out of them. Most tires start showing decreased performance somewhere close to 50% in my experience. Doesn't mean I'd never run a tire lower than 50% though. Do you mount and balance your own tires? I couldn't imagine spending a 100 bucks to mount tires that I would get another year or 2 out of with so-so performance to boot.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Rodeoflyer
I hardly run any tires past 50-60%. Toyo MT's included. I sell them while I can still get a decent chunk out of them. Most tires start showing decreased performance somewhere close to 50% in my experience. Doesn't mean I'd never run a tire lower than 50% though. Do you mount and balance your own tires? I couldn't imagine spending a 100 bucks to mount tires that I would get another year or 2 out of with so-so performance to boot.
Didn’t care on old trucks and Jeeps..had them mounted/balanced at small tire shops, about $10/tire.

I do keep my tires fairly new on my daily drivers.

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Someone gave a positive review??? Haha

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ah I see.. I do ALL of my tire shopping on amazon now (or wait for rebates) and scan local sales for good deals.

Discount used to have some $150 off a set of four, or 5 for the price of 4 deals. Even those are scarce now.
Sponsored