Sponsored

Looks like Edelbrock is getting closer to production.

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Unlimited
This is a roots style blower so power will come on sooner than later in the RPM range. Have you tried a set of gears? I re-geared my manual with 4.88’s (35in tires) and I love it.
Hey, does this mean you already have the Edelbrock supercharger installed?

If so, would love to hear your thoughts/review on it...

Thanks!

Shawn
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hydroboy35th

Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, does this mean you already have the Edelbrock supercharger installed?

If so, would love to hear your thoughts/review on it...

Thanks!

Shawn
Hey Shawn, not yet I don’t lol. My metalcloak GC just got delivered today next up for me is going to be driveshafts/tires/axels and would like to see a stronger clutch available before getting a blower.

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Shawn, not yet I don’t lol. My metalcloak GC just got delivered today next up for me is going to be driveshafts/tires/axels and would like to see a stronger clutch available before getting a blower.

Sweet. Please let us know how you make out.

ScubaSigGuy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JlUR, 2018 Raptor, 2018 GT350R, 2015 BMW 1200GS Adventure
Its not about judging at all. Its common sense from an engineering stand point. And you picked a little factoid out of what i said with weight and over shot it. In the racing community is quite common to favor aero and removing weight over increasing engine size weight boost and stress etc. starting to sound like you work for one of these companies. I’d rather put 5.13’s in than get 85 horse from $8,000.
What part is common sense exactly? And also, what part is a factoid? You made a statement that was obviously erroneous. I pointed it out it in a non-confrontational way.

Your statement wasn't common sense or factual, it was nonsense, and that's fine, I just didn't want anyone else to be misinformed. Cutting 1,000 lbs from a vehicle to achieve the same power to weight ratio as adding 85hp is a ridiculous concept, and hardly qualifies as a "little factoid". So I don't think I "overshot" anything.

I'm not an engineer, but have many friends who are, and they wouldn't haphazardly make a statement like yours.

This isn't the racing community. When you reference that community you are talking about people who have eeked out every last ounce of performance from their engine, or who are limited on horsepower based on the rules of their game. In that arena, aero and weight can make a difference between winning and losing. These are Jeeps, one of the least aero vehicles on the market. Also, somehow the price of this kit keeps going up in this post, before Edelbrock even announces their price. I spoke to them a few days ago, and the 2020 kit isn't available, because R&D hasn't finished verifying the tune for the new model year. They do not have a part number yet, thus they do not have a price. They expect to have more info after the first of the year.

If you don't like the price, don't buy the kit. After all you were reading the OP's post for a reason. But I'll make a deal with you; You put together a budget of what it costs to cut 1,000 lbs from a 2020 JLUR, and still keep it street legal and meeting federal safety standards, and see if that costs less than, let's use your number... $8,000. Good luck!

As an aside, I have a sports car that has carbon fiber wheels on it. I'm sure that if you do the math, the difference in performance due to less unsprung weight cannot possibly be justified by the added expense. Who cares! These are motor vehicles and people like to customize them to their own taste. It doesn't have to make sense and often doesn't.

Last edited:

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Not big numbers, but it's a 25% gain. Want more out of the V6, put in some drop-in pistons and you can bump the boost.

As somone who has lent their vehicle to Edelbrock for development work, I can say that their kit will be bulletproof. My 2012 300 SRT8 was the first 392 motor they did in 2013 and it's still going strong. I drive it like I stole it every day. Edelbrock doesn't put their name on it unless they've done the work to make it reliable and safe.
This^^^
Different crank or shorter , stronger rods. Lower comp ratio to high 9’s or low 10s. Then get the boost around 9.5-12lbs premium fuel and youd be damn close to 400 horse. 390 torque . But like someone else said , all that work and money...

Sponsored

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It’s showing on Edelbrocks website now. Has anybody actually gotten their hands on this yet?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I think they may have missed their window. With the JL Hemi coming, many Hi-po addicts with $6-8k cash in their pocket might just flop it down on the JL Hemi. I certainly would, if I had to have a fast Jeep.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I think they may have missed their window. With the JL Hemi coming, many Hi-po addicts with $6-8k cash in their pocket might just flop it down on the JL Hemi. I certainly would, if I had to have a fast Jeep.
I would agree. Plus I bet the three companies doing Hemi swaps will drop their price to the JK prices soon. You will also get folks doing that.

JonW

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.socallx.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8, 2006 Toyota PreRunner, Researching a JL
Add another $6-8k and you can put an Edelbrock blower on the Hemi version!!

Sponsored

ShawnC

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No tune/tuner version shows in-stock, kit with tune/tuner shows out of stock. I wonder if they are still working out the kinks on their tune?

No HP/TQ numbers outside of estimated percentages (46% HP, 27% TQ increase), but I would expect that to be the case if there is no "canned tune" for it yet. Say's 50 state emissions legal though, I'd think they would need a base tune available for that testing process...

~$5250.00 MSRP isn't bad at all
https://www.edelbrock.com/edelbrock...jeep-wrangler-jl-and-gladiator-jt-152840.html

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Not big numbers, but it's a 25% gain. Want more out of the V6, put in some drop-in pistons and you can bump the boost.

As somone who has lent their vehicle to Edelbrock for development work, I can say that their kit will be bulletproof. My 2012 300 SRT8 was the first 392 motor they did in 2013 and it's still going strong. I drive it like I stole it every day. Edelbrock doesn't put their name on it unless they've done the work to make it reliable and safe.
Sorry to say but I don't think the 392 was available until 2014.

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
Their only hope at customers are the manual owners. You won't be able to get a 392 with 3 pedals. And now with the 3.6 coming with e-torque on the automatic variants, that leaves a very small customer base going forward. I doubt any company producing superchargers is going to touch the e-torque platform.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Their only hope at customers are the manual owners. You won't be able to get a 392 with 3 pedals.
And the 2-door!

Man... the actual 'JL' always gets forgotten.
Sponsored