Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
1933.jpg

Here's my catalytic converter theft deterrent. Motion sensor lets me know if they step past the sidewalk and i can watch them on camera from there.
Amen!!! - Someone touches my baby they are getting lit up. This cat problem is happening everywhere. It was my understanding that salvage yards are to be requiring id's and vin info to cash in on these. Apparently people have found an alternative funding source. Ridiculous. They are hitting fleet lots really hard
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Zero correlation between being a "tough guy" and protecting your property. If I caught an asshole under my Jeep with a Sawzall I'd absolutely hold him at gun point under my Jeep until the police arrived and I'd make sure he knew if he even moved I'd take it as an act of aggression send him off to neverland. :like:
Jeep Wrangler JL Catalytic Converter Theft- what to do 1609689201893

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
For those folks here who have never shot anybody, I cant stress enough how much i recommend trying to avoid it. The legal experience you‘ll have afterwords -even when justified and you did zero wrong- is a terrible one And will cost you thousands of dollars.

Im a self defense advocate and if your life is in danger then do what you gotta do. But i could see someone stealing my whole jeep from my driveway and i wouldnt pull a gun on them. There is no property worth the aftermath. Know the laws of your area and know them well before taking any action; especially over a misdemeanor property theft. It would be a shitty day to get arrested for unlawful carrying of a weapon, brandishing a weapon, menacing, and assault with a weapon; and from the back seat of a patrol car watch the guy who was stealing your cat sign his court appearance summons and walk away While youre trying to figure out what the least uncomfortable way to sit in handcuffs is. And if you think a cop wont do exactly that you got another thing coming.

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I’m going catless when they steal mine and will post on butt dyno and decibel levels. Hoping the tazer defeats those codes.
I run test pipes on our Infiniti, didn't throw any codes for 2 yrs but finally did. Putting cats back on and getting new downstream O2 sensors soon, eww that smell, be glad to go back!

Sucks about all the cat theft, around here we had asshats stealing manhole covers and selling them to recycle yards, AFAIK the local council stepped in and put a stop to that.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
post up the Ny castle doctrine law and walk me through what you think youd hypothetically say after hypothetically shooting someone that was hypothetically stealing your cat.
Ok ok fine I take that back!

Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Ok ok fine I take that back!
youre feelings arent wrong, my friend, and the problem isnt you. The problem is we now live in a society that coddles the criminal and vilifies people who can take care of themselves. Sadly, the legal apparatus mirrors the society.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
youre feelings arent wrong, my friend, and the problem isnt you. The problem is we now live in a society that coddles the criminal and vilifies people who can take care of themselves. Sadly, the legal apparatus mirrors the society.
We can always hire these fine Gentlemen from Japan to protect our Jeeps. Umm yeaaa.....let us just say they aren't very friendly and are known for chopping fingers off their opponents and killing them with a hundred cuts off the Samurai sword. Pretty sure them standing near your Jeep will be enough to keep the street rats away.

Jeep Wrangler JL Catalytic Converter Theft- what to do main-qimg-38f7de151082b48b377798a64f66f21a.jpe

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
My neighbor had the cat stolen off her Honda Element about a month ago, while she was in an art class with her car parked in an alley. Apparently, Elements and Jeeps are easy targets.

Decades ago, battery recycling shops bought car batteries for $2. I've stood in a shop when a black teen set a battery on the counter with the terminals still attached and the cables cut. They gave him $2. Cat converter theft is the same crime re-invented.

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
I run test pipes on our Infiniti, didn't throw any codes for 2 yrs but finally did. Putting cats back on and getting new downstream O2 sensors soon, eww that smell, be glad to go back!

Sucks about all the cat theft, around here we had asshats stealing manhole covers and selling them to recycle yards, AFAIK the local council stepped in and put a stop to that.

Use O2 cheaters...

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
We can always hire these fine Gentlemen from Japan to protect our Jeeps. Umm yeaaa.....let us just say they aren't very friendly and are known for chopping fingers off their opponents and killing them with a hundred cuts off the Samurai sword. Pretty sure them standing near your Jeep will be enough to keep the street rats away.

Jeep Wrangler JL Catalytic Converter Theft- what to do main-qimg-38f7de151082b48b377798a64f66f21a.jpe

I live in Newark NJ... they'd steal these clowns too, lol

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Use O2 cheaters...
Mine run counter flow sensor pipes and have been code-free for a long time, I could run some extensions or cheaters but at this point I think I'd be happiest just going back to Cats.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Laws that actually prevent cat theft won't come about until it costs big money to either the big businesses in your locale or it costs government something (think elected officials out of a job). Costs to John Q. Public are not a consideration.

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
For those folks here who have never shot anybody, I cant stress enough how much i recommend trying to avoid it. The legal experience you‘ll have afterwords -even when justified and you did zero wrong- is a terrible one And will cost you thousands of dollars.

Im a self defense advocate and if your life is in danger then do what you gotta do. But i could see someone stealing my whole jeep from my driveway and i wouldnt pull a gun on them. There is no property worth the aftermath. Know the laws of your area and know them well before taking any action; especially over a misdemeanor property theft. It would be a shitty day to get arrested for unlawful carrying of a weapon, brandishing a weapon, menacing; and assault with a weapon and from the back seat of a patrol car watch the guy who was stealing your cat sign his court appearance summons and walk away While youre trying to figure out what the least uncomfortable way to sit in handcuffs is. And if you think a cop wont do exactly that you got another thing coming.
Holding someone at gunpoint on your own property is not going to get anyone thrown in cuffs and arrested unless you're a convicted felon and or using an illegal weapon. That being said, you are correct! You better absolutely have just cause if you shoot! Most criminals are just going to try and get away, hence letting them know an act of aggression will get them shot may keep them from trying to escape. Would I actually shoot someone trying to steal something off my Jeep if they are trying to flee? HELL NO that equals prison time. But making them feel like if they move it would be fatal is the point, keep them from making a wrong move and keep yourself in a better position. I would never hesitate to pull a gun on someone on my property who has criminal intent, ever. But I know my state and local laws.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Holding someone at gunpoint on your own property is not going to get anyone thrown in cuffs and arrested unless you're a convicted felon and or using an illegal weapon. That being said, you are correct! You better absolutely have just cause if you shoot! Most criminals are just going to try and get away, hence letting them know an act of aggression will get them shot may keep them from trying to escape. Would I actually shoot someone trying to steal something off my Jeep if they are trying to flee? HELL NO that equals prison time. But making them feel like if they move it would be fatal is the point, keep them from making a wrong move and keep yourself in a better position. I would never hesitate to pull a gun on someone on my property who has criminal intent, ever. But I know my state and local laws.
what state/local law do you have that you think allows you to use threat of lethal force with a deadly weapon to detain someone for suspicion of a misdemeanor crime?

Last edited:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
post up the Ny castle doctrine law and walk me through what you think youd hypothetically say after hypothetically shooting someone that was hypothetically stealing your cat.
Well officer, I was sleeping under my Jeep with my leg zip tied to the cat and this guy rolls under my Jeep with a sawzall.... :CWL:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.