Sponsored

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I just ordered a 4xe Rubicon, please see my price comparison between the standard Rubicon and 4xe.

Summary: with the federal and state (Colorado) tax credits I am saving around $6,648* with the 4xe. For states without additional tax credits the savings will be around $4148.

*corrected to adjust for Fulltime 4WD and JLUR Price changes from Jan 2021 Order guide

1. Some options have a higher price for 4xe compared to standard JLUR
  2. I have used the latest order guide for JLUR pricing and the build sheet from my dealer for 4xe pricing
  3. Colorado has an additional $2,500 state tax credit for PHEVs, only few states offer this now
Please see full analysis below: file link can be used for adding your options and doing the analysis.

Sponsored

Last edited:

dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
Dude. That’s awesome, thanks for the analysis. You helped me convince my wife that we need to make this purchase lol

JAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Why you have 10% off MSRP?
I ordered a Rubicon 4xe exactly the same price.

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Many dealers will give in the neighborhood of 10% off MSRP

doooodo

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jku
Where'd you buy from? I'm in Boulder, and so far can only find east coast dealers to give a good deal.

Sponsored

OP
OP
den_jku

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Where'd you buy from? I'm in Boulder, and so far can only find east coast dealers to give a good deal.
If you shop around you should be able to get 5-12% off MSRP.

doooodo

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jku
If you shop around you should be able to get 5-12% off MSRP.
Do you mind sharing the dealer contact you worked with? I've reached out to prestige, faricy, pollard, autonation, etc. Got a 5% below invoice in VA, but that would be a pain in the butt to get back here...

Rickss

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Great analysis. Just remember that the 4xe will still cost more at the time of sale (higher price point and less of a discount at most dealers). The full tax credits will only be realized around April of the following year and only if your tax liability is $10,000+ for Colorado.

Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
I just ordered a 4xe Rubicon, please see my price comparison between the standard Rubicon and 4xe.

Summary: with the federal and state (Colorado) tax credits I am saving around $5,545 with the 4xe.
  1. Some options have a higher price for 4xe compared to standard JLUR
  2. I have used the latest order guide for JLUR pricing and the build sheet from my dealer for 4xe pricing
  3. Colorado has an additional $2,500 state tax credit for PHEVs, only few states offer this now
Please see full analysis below: file link

Aren’t you also getting the full time 4WD As part of the hybrid package? New option since I got my Rubicon, but thought it was an option

also, I’m not sure what the electric switch is, but I don’t see the remote proximity keyless entry on the build, which I hear is a #1 regret quite often

Last edited:
OP
OP
den_jku

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Aren’t you also getting the full time 4WD As part of the hybrid package? New option since I got my Rubicon, but thought it was an option

also, I’m not sure what the electric switch is, but I don’t see the remote proximity keyless entry on the build, which I hear is a #1 regret quite often
You are right on the Full time 4WD system, will add that.

OP
OP
den_jku

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Great analysis. Just remember that the 4xe will still cost more at the time of sale (higher price point and less of a discount at most dealers). The full tax credits will only be realized around April of the following year and only if your tax liability is $10,000+ for Colorado.
Correct, tax benefits probably won't be realized for 12+ months depending on when you file etc.. I went thru the process with my Tesla and it worked fine.

OP
OP
den_jku

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe