Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
My God, I’m so electronically limited but that’s what makes this forum and you guys great.
Forget about the Tazer, what does “jail breaking” your phone do?
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
My God, I’m so electronically limited but that’s what makes this forum and you guys great.
Forget about the Tazer, what does “jail breaking” your phone do?
It's a way to bust through any of Apple's restrictions on your iPhone (or any Apple device). It's a little more involved than using a programmer such as the Tazer.

You'd have to use (and trust) 3rd-party software...it's risky and has its pros/cons.. I don't think it's something a casual user would try. It's a geek thing.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Been running the mini for 2 years, no worries.
You just unmarry it and take it out when taking it in to dealer for any repairs or warranty work. All settings go back to factory setting. Leaves no trace it was in.
Tazer JL Mini is well worth the money imho. One of my favorite mods.....,:)
I've never even taken mine out for service or warranty work. The only mention the dealer ever made was a disclaimer that my tpms was set below factory spec on my paper work (with the 37's I have it set to 25psi).

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
How do you secure your Tazer mini in place once installed. I want to prevent it from dangling around, rattling away and cause possible damage.

Do you zip tie it in place?

Sponsored

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
Thinking about Investing in a Tazer JL mini. I’m Only hesitant to drop the money because I was wondering if using this to program the vehicle is like “jailbreaking” an iPhone. Can someone shine light on this topic? Thanks!
The Tazer JL Mini has certain limitations constraints and yes risks. It is marketed to be some really easy way to override nearly everything wrong (or rather what many don't like) with the JL. It adds features that the factory doesn't. Overall, it does do a pretty decent job for what it does provide BUT:

NEVER (EVER) LEAVE IT PLUGGED IN AND MARRIED WHILE YOUR JL IS BEING SERVICED:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...lu-after-lift-larger-tires.62094/post-1337384

SECURITY CONCERNS:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...estion-about-what-is-lost.65148/#post-1381173

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Here in South Africa we do not have the function where the uConnect unit receives updates via an internet connection. This means software updates by Jeep is only done at time of service.

That means we are pretty save leaving the unit plugged in but unmarry it before services.
Sponsored