First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
North Edition Gladiator and JL Sport
Occupation
Retired USAF and currently contractor for Dept of Energy
This must be the second run for the glass. I had mine installed this past fall on my Gladiator. 4 months into owning my Jeep I received a big ass bullseye and crack. It took about 4 months to get the glass in, as it was their first run, but I think it is worth it. I was even able to get the insurance company to give me full reimbursement for the glass and installation.
Sponsored

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Yeah I'll stick with the Racing optics protection much cheaper. Good for those that currently have a busted windshield though
I would like to thank you for unwittingly making the most helpful contribution to this thread anyone has made in the comments!

Here is the link for anyone less ambitious than I am who doesn’t want to do any searching:

Racing Optics Jeep Windshield Protection

and discount code from another member below: Use coupon code "forum" should give a small discount

They have these for JK, JL & JT all $199 no tax and no shipping. Pretty sweet.

It’s a 3 layer “tear off” style protector. Kinda like a gigantic phone screen protector, but there’s 3 stacked together and cut out specifically for your Jeep’s windshield.

You apply all 3 at once, so once the top layer is beaten up you simply peel it off to reveal the new unexposed layer beneath and it’s like having a brand new windshield on the outside!

I must confess I purchased one myself for the Gorilla Glass windshield for the ultimate combination. The GG windshield does have a 2 year no breakage guarantee.

However I would be willing to bet this will not cover any pitting or chips. The outside layer is still soda lime glass and therefore susceptible to these.

Which we all know as they add up over time decrease visibility through the windshield.

So my hope is this will take care of any pitting or chips and the gorilla glass will take care of any big hits making for the ultimate Jeep Windshield combination!

Let me know what you guys think and cheers! đŸ»

Last edited:

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I would like to thank you for unwittingly making the most helpful contribution to this thread anyone has made in the comments!

Here is the link for anyone less ambitious than I am who doesn’t want to do any searching:

Racing Optics Jeep Windshield Protection

They have these for JK, JL & JT all $199 no tax and no shipping. Pretty sweet.

It’s a 3 layer “tear off” style protector. Kinda like a gigantic phone screen protector, but there’s 3 stacked together and cut out specifically for your Jeep’s windshield.

You apply all 3 at once, so once the top layer is beaten up you simply peel it off to reveal the new unexposed layer beneath and it’s like having a brand new windshield on the outside!

I must confess I purchased one myself for the Gorilla Glass windshield for the ultimate combination. The GG windshield does have a 2 year no breakage guarantee.

However I would be willing to bet this will not cover any pitting or chips. The outside layer is still soda lime glass and therefore susceptible to these.

Which we all know as they add up over time decrease visibility through the windshield.

So my hope is this will take care of any pitting or chips and the gorilla glass will take care of any big hits making for the ultimate Jeep Windshield combination!

Let me know what you guys think and cheers! đŸ»

It was totally 100% wittingly:like:, I posted this Racing Optics thread in July

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
It was totally 100% wittingly:like:, I posted this Racing Optics thread in July
Oh my apologies then, thank you for your insightful and enlightening addition to the thread! I think it’s a match made in heaven!!!

Wish I would’ve seen your discount code before I purchased mine but oh well... I’ve added it above by the link for everyone else.

Installation is ideal on a brand new windshield making it an even better combo to do at the same time!

Did you put one on your JL? If so please share with us how you like it!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Had the gorilla glass installed yesterday. We'll see how it holds up. My OEM lasted 5 weeks after I drove it off the lot.
Have you considered the above windshield protector in addition to it while it’s fresh?

- before it takes any road dings

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Have you considered the above windshield protector in addition to it while it’s fresh?

- before it takes any road dings
I haven't... wanted to see how this holds up on its own. It came with the 2 year warranty.. so if I have to use it, I will consider the protector as well.

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I haven't... wanted to see how this holds up on its own. It came with the 2 year warranty.. so if I have to use it, I will consider the protector as well.
I wonder if that covers chips?

of if they have to spread into cracks of a certain size

:movember:

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Oh my apologies then, thank you for your insightful and enlightening addition to the thread! I think it’s a match made in heaven!!!

Wish I would’ve seen your discount code before I purchased mine but oh well... I’ve added it above by the link for everyone else.

Installation is ideal on a brand new windshield making it an even better combo to do at the same time!

Did you put one on your JL? If so please share with us how you like it!
No worries my initial post was in a rush, I feel bad you bought one before I could get the link to the discount post. But I love the thing I've had all three on for over 6 months and don't see a need to peel a layer off yet and they have amazing customer service!

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
For those that aren't aware...
The front windshield has a 12,000 mile / 12 month warranty through FCA.

However, mine has 28,000 miles on it, and Chrysler still approved replacing mine under warranty because it cracked when I turned on the front windshield defroster on a really cold night. My dealer took a photo of the crack and my VIN # and sent in the repair request, it was approved in under 48 hours.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I lowered my deductible to $100 after my new Jeep's windshield caught a rock at 2k miles.

Not even a big bug has hit it since:)
I manipulated the cosmic forces into leaving me the F alone lol
The way I manipulated the centric forces of the universe was to spend as little as possible. This guarantees nothing will ever hit it again. 👍 If I had bought the most expensive windshield, a very precious windshield, it would guarantee a boulder fell from the heavens to hit it right in front of the driver, within days of installing it. đŸ€Ș

I figure Jeeps have windshield high numbers of impact issues because of two reasons: thin windshields and the near vertical angle. I found a local upstart shop that quoted $175 for a PGW, which works for me.

It'll be interesting to hear how these "Gorilla glass" windshields hold up when they get enough out there to get a statistically significant population. My guess is not much better for a heavy impact.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I just got hit with a small rock and I have a small crack on either side of the impact point. I drove it another 750+ miles and encountered snow and used the defroster and the cracks haven't spread. I live in Southern Arizona, where we may have more rocks on roads than anywhere else on Earth since we use them instead of grass in our front and backyards and as such get free glass replacement with comprehensive coverage. I will see what happens with the crack and luckily it is on the passenger side. I am interested in the three-layer protection if I replace the windshield.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I just got hit with a small rock and I have a small crack on either side of the impact point. I drove it another 750+ miles and encountered snow and used the defroster and the cracks haven't spread. I live in Southern Arizona, where we may have more rocks on roads than anywhere else on Earth since we use them instead of grass in our front and backyards and as such get free glass replacement with comprehensive coverage. I will see what happens with the crack and luckily it is on the passenger side. I am interested in the three-layer protection if I replace the windshield.

😁 Your post reminded me of the time I was on horseback near Springerville. We were climbing a mountain trail that was just a pile of rocks. The guy behind me said "when God made Arizona, he forgot to give it dirt".
Sponsored