Sponsored

Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
Lights all installed. I hooked them up to the AUX switch. I ran the wire thru the frame. Looks very nice.

IMG_0971.jpeg
Where did you ground? To the frame/rear bumper with a ring terminal? There‘s no reason to run a long wire for the ground.
Sponsored

Hinxster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I have the metal rear bumper. Is the process to remove that the same as it is for the plastic version? I can't find an online video that's specific to the removal of the metal one.

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
I have the metal rear bumper. Is the process to remove that the same as it is for the plastic version? I can't find an online video that's specific to the removal of the metal one.
I think this one‘s metal.

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
Where did you ground? To the frame/rear bumper with a ring terminal? There‘s no reason to run a long wire for the ground.
Yes I grounded to the rear on the frame not the bumper. I only ran power from the front.

dietch

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Currently installing my set now and I decided to run them to my tail-light housing. For those of you with LED tail-lights I don't seem to see a black ground wire coming from the housing, is the ground the purple wire like described in Oracles instructions? I already know the two power wires are white/purple and white/beige.

However for those of you who just tied them in to the hitch wiring did y'all just apply both t-taps to the same white/beige wire and black wire just in two different places?

Thanks for the help, wish they would have provided wiring instructions for each type of tail-light instead of just the halogen option.

Sponsored

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Currently installing my set now and I decided to run them to my tail-light housing. For those of you with LED tail-lights I don't seem to see a black ground wire coming from the housing, is the ground the purple wire like described in Oracles instructions? I already know the two power wires are white/purple and white/beige.

However for those of you who just tied them in to the hitch wiring did y'all just apply both t-taps to the same white/beige wire and black wire just in two different places?

Thanks for the help, wish they would have provided wiring instructions for each type of tail-light instead of just the halogen option.

Yes, the colors are correct on Oracle's instruction sheet for the LED's.

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple people asked where I grounded the wire to the frame. I took the paint off for the ground then repainted once installed. I predrilled and then used a self tapping screw. The wire loom is the power wire going to the front to the AUX wire.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Bumper Integrated LED Reverse Lights IMG_0982

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Finished my install - running from Auxilary 3 and have a diode installed so I can also have them work in reverse also. After seeing how bright they are I am becoming hesitant to have them automatically come in in reverse as I am afraid they would have a blind other drivers...thoughts?

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Finished my install - running from Auxilary 3 and have a diode installed so I can also have them work in reverse also. After seeing how bright they are I am becoming hesitant to have them automatically come in in reverse as I am afraid they would have a blind other drivers...thoughts?
That was my concern, I opted for Aux switch only.

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I don’t see the issue. Same as headlights on (especially JL LEDs) while departing a parking spot nose out. Activating them via AUX switch while driving - yes. (Not saying that is the intention - but that would be an obvious foul).

Sponsored

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I felt they are a bit bright for all situations so that was my thought in deciding to use the AUX switch. For many situations I can see with the normal backup lights when I need more I have the option. Also I did not want to tap into my OEM wiring being so new (about 5 weeks)and not want any issues with warranty so early in the game. I can always add a diode down the road if I so choose. I also leave campsites early for wildlife photography and try to not use lights at all when possible for politeness to other campers.

GregorioJL

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I have dual 1400 LEDs and I've never been worried about flashing someone. I usually wait for people to move on before shifting in reverse. I also have them pointed down slightly so it isn't shining directly back.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Anyone done this yet by tying into the trailer harness reverse light wire?

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I have dual 1400 LEDs and I've never been worried about flashing someone. I usually wait for people to move on before shifting in reverse. I also have them pointed down slightly so it isn't shining directly back.
The Oracle lights are wide angle and can’t be “aimed” effectively. Unlike headlights, these lights “spray” in all directions...and I like that for off-roading or trailer loading, but not for backing up in grocery store parking lots.