Sponsored

Jeep Almost Got My Family Killed (Battery Issues)

Craigzjeep

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray
Occupation
Telco Installer, retired. Current job drinking beer and yard work expert.
Speaking of ground connection:
I was looking under my Jeep today to see if there are any rust spots, and noticed the ground terminals connected to the chassis frame (behind the passenger side fender below the batteries).

Does it look right with the exposed cable?
Shouldn't it have been fully clad all the way to the connector close to the bolt?
Do you think I should be covering it with the electrical tape to prevent dirt, moisture corroding the exposed part (right in front of the chalk mark)? BTW, the chalk mark was already there, I guess must be a QC/inspection check.

That exposed shiny part feels rough/gritty to touch.

1609308233363.png
The connection looks ok from here.
Electrical tape will do nothing.
But I can tell you for every electrical connection that I have to make in my telecom electrical jobs we always use NO-OX, it's a greasy paste that is applied to all grounds , it prevents oxidation on DC power connections.
It might be anal overkill on a jeep, but since you asked!
Sponsored

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
The connection looks ok from here.
Electrical tape will do nothing.
But I can tell you for every electrical connection that I have to make in my telecom electrical jobs we always use NO-OX, it's a greasy paste that is applied to all grounds , it prevents oxidation on DC power connections.
It might be anal overkill on a jeep, but since you asked!
OK, thanks. I do see a black shiny grease at the bottom of that connector. I was wondering if that was some dielectric grease but I never saw a dielectric grease in black color.