Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

ryanladd

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S 2DR
S
Great thread. Im going to try it on my Mojave.

can anyone thing of any reason this wont work if i just do the driverside handle? thats really the only place i care about it.
Should work. I just did the tailgate only and am thinking of only adding the drivers door to save effort. Still trying to find the door parts though.
Sponsored

ryanladd

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Parts are an issue. No doubt. Going to allmoparparts, I found they have a new part number for the entire kit, and if you have a JT or have done just the tailgate like me, they have a kit for the doors only. These kits work on BSM and Non-BSM vehicles. Links below:

JT (or JL just front doors) kit: https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/psventryjtbsm.html
Parts: - $284.95
  • LF Door Wiring - 68299333AF
  • RF Door Wiring - 68299332AF
  • Handles - 68307269AC (x2)
  • Handle Caps - 68307272AD (x2)

JL with tailgate kit: https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/psventjlbsm.html
Parts: - $398.74
  • LF Door Wiring - 68299333AF
  • RF Door Wiring - 68299332AF
  • Swing Gate Wiring - 68351167AA
  • Handles - 68307269AC (x2)
  • Handle Caps - 68307272AD (x2)
  • Swing Gate Handle - 68309825AC
  • Swing Gate Cap - 68309830AC
Both kits are on backorder for 4-6 weeks and I am unable to find where they are selling the parts individually anymore.

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 2018 & 2015 2 door JK Sport
I just did this on my Rubicon 30 minutes ago. Tailgate only and used my Tazer to enable Proximity. Performed a reboot of Tazer and it worked perfect! I have proximity at the tailgate. Now I need to find parts for the doors.
Good to hear. I have to bring my Jeep in tomorrow for service so un married the Tazer. Will redo it agin tomorrow and maybe that will do the trick.

ryanladd

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good to hear. I have to bring my Jeep in tomorrow for service so un married the Tazer. Will redo it agin tomorrow and maybe that will do the trick.
Mine goes in tomorrow for the steering TSB. When you unmarry, do you remove the tazer as well? Kind of a hassle to remove it too. Was hoping to just unmarry going forward and not actually remove it. Save some effort.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Mine goes in tomorrow for the steering TSB. When you unmarry, do you remove the tazer as well? Kind of a hassle to remove it too. Was hoping to just unmarry going forward and not actually remove it. Save some effort.
I would not leave it connected. Too much could go wrong.
Gregj

Last edited:

Sponsored

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I un marry and remove it from the car putting the cable back in the original location, it is a bit of a PITA

mike7rh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 2500 HD
I can't imagine that the need for any of the inidividual parts of this keep would require someone to buy the whole kit.

Questions.....

I don't find the part number of this link https://www.mopargenuineparts.com/s...MIm9Ck-eDu7QIVQZ2GCh1pgAr-EAQYASABEgLLT_D_BwE at the official Mopar sight.

Still more, the link suggests the use of a JL Tazer in absence of getting a dealer to add the GXD sales code.

I know that the JScan app can do this but is this also a feature on the JL Tazer? And isn't this kind of stuff not officially okay by my mother FCA, as evidenced by the need to have the sales code programmed if doing it the..."right" way.

Is this some dealer just bundling the parts, adding additional markup and nothing more?
I’m not sure that’s why I’m asking, when I read the beginning of the thread it seems you could order individual parts and it and to under $300 but now I can’t find individual part numbers because the kit comes up.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I’m not sure that’s why I’m asking, when I read the beginning of the thread it seems you could order individual parts and it and to under $300 but now I can’t find individual part numbers because the kit comes up.
Yeah...I agree (now). Thanks for making me aware. The individual parts don't come up at the official Mopar sight, but then again neither does the PSVENTRYJLBSM one...

...which means nothing.

It does appear though that more than one dealer is recognizing the kit, backlogged though it may be, by this PSVENTRYJLBSM part number.

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still having issues - installed the tailgate jumper, handle and cap - everything went well no issues.
Tried programming with Tazer and the option comes up for passive entry and stays after a reboot. When I press the button on the handle the red light on the remote flashes but door does not lock or unlock if I look and then pull the handle. I also tried programing with the Jscan to see if adding all the separate items made a difference and still no joy. Any suggestions would be appreciated as it seems I am doing the same as a number of other folks who were successful in getting this to work.

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
Still having issues - installed the tailgate jumper, handle and cap - everything went well no issues.
Tried programming with Tazer and the option comes up for passive entry and stays after a reboot. When I press the button on the handle the red light on the remote flashes but door does not lock or unlock if I look and then pull the handle. I also tried programing with the Jscan to see if adding all the separate items made a difference and still no joy. Any suggestions would be appreciated as it seems I am doing the same as a number of other folks who were successful in getting this to work.
Be sure you are not wrapping your hand around the handle when you push the button. If you do the door will not lock. I speak from experience.

Sponsored

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Tried just pushing the button no luck. I did notice that the dash come on as if the door was opens but no lock. Seems like the car is responding in some way just not quite right.

A bit more info - if I turn off passive entry form the radio and then try and push the button there is no response on the remote, when I reactive passive entry and push the door button nothing happens in terms of locking but the red light flash’s on the the remote so there is a signal being sent it is just not doing what it is supposed to?

Last edited:

Stingray20Idaho

First Name
RE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUSX
I wanted to wait until I got it working to post my experience. But I'll start by thanking the people on this thread that listened to my issues and helped tremendously.

TLDR version:
2020 JLUSS driver and tailgate working by replacing the door harness, handle, and cap listed in this post.

1)Went the dealer route for GXD programming.
2)Did nothing to body side of connector or wiring.

I don't know why my sport S was different, maybe because it was late model 2020, but I will post my build sheet or picture of body side connection if it helps someone else that's been dreading the work a sport s requires. Other than thinking I did something wrong/out of order/pulling my hair out frustrated that I was dumb this wasn't as scary as I thought. Turns out the dealer must have sent me the wrong cap, because a replacement from eBay made it work perfectly. So weeks of troubleshooting and dispair were for nothing lol. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Reactions: KNN

Buzzguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Any videos or pictures of the tailgate latch and jumper installation out there? I know most people say that it's probably the easiest part but I've never seen it done. I'm especially not sure where the jumper goes.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Any videos or pictures of the tailgate latch and jumper installation out there? I know most people say that it's probably the easiest part but I've never seen it done. I'm especially not sure where the jumper goes.
The first post of this thread, featuring a picture with the tailgate trim panel removed might be a start.....

Buzzguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I've seen that picture but it doesn't show which cable gets replaced. I have the parts coming in the next week, so hopefully it's pretty obvious when I have it all apart. Just funny about how much is out there for working on the doors, how to make your own cable, and the how to get the vehicle to recognize it hall, there is so little about that part. I'm sure it'll be clear when I work on it.
Sponsored