Sponsored

Sreilly2

First Name
Reilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I have two builds. One is my build and another is one the dealership has coming in and both are Rubicons. Here are the options from both with MSRP and FWP.

Base Rubicon MSRP 51,695 FWP 49,112
Paint of any color except white (free) MSRP 245 FWP 220
Leather Seats MSRP 1,695 FWP 1,525
Body Color Fender Flares MSRP 695 FWP 626
Body Color Hard Top MSRP 2,495 FWP 2,246
Remote Proximity Keyless MSRP 645 FWP 580
MOPAR Headliner MSRP 525 FWP 473
Advanced Safety Group MSRP 795 FWP 716
Safety Group MSRP 995 FWP 896
Trailer Tow Package MSRP 795 FWP 716
Cold Weather Group MSRP 995 FWP 896
Steel Bumper Group MSRP 1,745 FWP 1,570
MOPAR All Weather mats MSRP 165 FWP 149
I think that’s almost exactly what I’m looking at, except with fender flares. Thanks for the info.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I think that’s almost exactly what I’m looking at, except with fender flares. Thanks for the info.
I'm actually going more base. Billet Silver without the body colored finder flares. I'd like the black hard roof also but the dealership said it would only let them build it with body color roof, so body color roof. I prefer cloth, so no leather. I have the cold weather package, tow package, front camera, all weather floor mats, remote proximity keyless entry, and steel bumper group. It comes in at $60,275 MSRP and $56,994 FWP. They have one coming in with crystal granite at 63K MSRP but it doesn't have steel bumpers, has all the safety groups, headliner, leather and also body colored fenders. A bunch of stuff I don't care for having though I use the Automatic Cruise Control in my wife's Grand Cherokee a lot.

Sreilly2

First Name
Reilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I'm actually going more base. Billet Silver without the body colored finder flares. I'd like the black hard roof also but the dealership said it would only let them build it with body color roof, so body color roof. I prefer cloth, so no leather. I have the cold weather package, tow package, front camera, all weather floor mats, remote proximity keyless entry, and steel bumper group. It comes in at $60,275 MSRP and $56,994 FWP. They have one coming in with crystal granite at 63K MSRP but it doesn't have steel bumpers, has all the safety groups, headliner, leather and also body colored fenders. A bunch of stuff I don't care for having though I use the Automatic Cruise Control in my wife's Grand Cherokee a lot.
Have you been able to get it at the FWP price? With the tax credit, that’s not bad at all.

Sponsored

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
Big question: can you apply the tax credit towards the lease? Do you know of a dealerwho would or did?

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the Pacifica they took it off the Cap Reduction on a lease, so basically a $7500 discount. The dealership feels the Wrangler will be the same way. The issue on leases for this one is residual calculation. They have to figure out whether to do residual the same as a regular wrangler, higher than or lower than.

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For the Pacifica they took it off the Cap Reduction on a lease, so basically a $7500 discount. The dealership feels the Wrangler will be the same way. The issue on leases for this one is residual calculation. They have to figure out whether to do residual the same as a regular wrangler, higher than or lower than.

Thanks. I have never leased so not very familiar. I figured leasing would be a safer way in case jeep has problems. if it doesnt u can buy it at the end of lease

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I have never leased so not very familiar. I figured leasing would be a safer way in case jeep has problems. if it doesnt u can buy it at the end of lease
Yes, you can buy it at anytime from the company with the loan. The longer into the lease the longer in general you will be making payments than if you just bought it in the first place. Many also give better deals when buying up front than if leasing up front. I completely understand why you would want to lease this vehicle though. I'm thinking of going the same route.

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, you can buy it at anytime from the company with the loan. The longer into the lease the longer in general you will be making payments than if you just bought it in the first place. Many also give better deals when buying up front than if leasing up front. I completely understand why you would want to lease this vehicle though. I'm thinking of going the same route.
Yes. Man it was a nightmare convincing them the steering wheel was not right. And many here lost money trading them in bc dealers did not know what to do. If the 4xe has battery problems or worse electric one I would NOT want to own it

Sponsored

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
the problem is not the vehicle itself. Plenty of toyota, or audi or other brands have problems. the problem is the redneck attitude and ignorance in jeep service. very few know wranglers. for gods sake i knew more about wranglers than the guy serviced mine....so NO TOP NOTCH service is the problem

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've owned many first year models and some have been major trouble free with others not being as trouble free. I've had luxury cars do worse than lower end cars and foreign brands do worse than American brands. All of them had at least a few TSB's and generally at least one recall. I know what I'm getting into but it is a system that has been in use. I completely agree the dealership will not know this vehicle very well at all. One of the reasons I like forums is they can help me help the dealership lol. It isn't my primary vehicle and it most likely will be a lease, so not a bad situation to be a beta tester for everyone here lol.

chachimcnacho

First Name
Chachi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
The tax rebate definitely is intriguing. Considering the total cost, isn’t there a need to install a plug-in set-up in your garage? Not having any experience with electric or hybrid vehicles myself, does anyone have ideas on what that costs?

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
The tax rebate definitely is intriguing. Considering the total cost, isn’t there a need to install a plug-in set-up in your garage? Not having any experience with electric or hybrid vehicles myself, does anyone have ideas on what that costs?
You can use a regular house outlet, which I believe would take about 12 hrs to charge.
A 240v like that of a dryer would cut that down to around 4-5 hrs probably.

scramboleer

Threads
Reaction score
You can use a regular house outlet, which I believe would take about 12 hrs to charge.
A 240v like that of a dryer would cut that down to around 4-5 hrs probably.
True. We used a 120V outlet for our first two EVs. That worked great overnight. Charging an EV is like charging a smart phone... you don't have to watch it. You plug it in and move on with your life. It's done in the morning.
Sponsored