How much Off MSRP???

milesjj_20

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Jeep Dealers in San Diego won't budge at all......I went up to Temecula and had better luck.
Tell me about it, man! I went to Bob Baker yesterday. Their website has a Bob Baker discount of $1495. I figured if they are willing to give that kind of discount, I can do a little more negotiation on the price. I go there and the sales rep tells me something about not wanting to charge the customers twice for the destination fee so that's what the $1495 is for. There is no discount in reality. The purchase price is the final price.
Sponsored

Jeeperific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited 70th
Tell me about it, man! I went to Bob Baker yesterday. Their website has a Bob Baker discount of $1495. I figured if they are willing to give that kind of discount, I can do a little more negotiation on the price. I go there and the sales rep tells me something about not wanting to charge the customers twice for the destination fee so that's what the $1495 is for. There is no discount in reality. The purchase price is the final price.
That is just crazy. Also if you have a Costco Card use the car buying program and negotiate from there. My view is any of the Costco dealership partners are more volume dealers. Also Tru Car has pricing where they send you some more hungry dealer. Also fill out the Jeep interest form on Jeep.com. I do not know the method Jeep.com uses but it sent me a 1500 off coupon. Finally if you buy from the Costco dealer costco give you 50 percent off accessories from that dealer but max coupon is only 100 or 200.

Love to hear some stories from people who got over 12 percent off MSRP and what negotiations was like why did they think that vehicle was sold.

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
If you're willing to travel, do it. I'm in dirty jersey/ny area and you are paying msrp or slightly below it here... ended up ordering from a dealer in Chantilly VA and was around 7k below msrp for my willys (baby rubi) with the 3.0 diesel. Ordered it and waiting for it to be delivered. FYI, negotiations were rough and you have to be willing to walk away from the negotiations table multiple times.

Last edited:

milesjj_20

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
That is just crazy. Also if you have a Costco Card use the car buying program and negotiate from there. My view is any of the Costco dealership partners are more volume dealers. Also Tru Car has pricing where they send you some more hungry dealer. Also fill out the Jeep interest form on Jeep.com. I do not know the method Jeep.com uses but it sent me a 1500 off coupon. Finally if you buy from the Costco dealer costco give you 50 percent off accessories from that dealer but max coupon is only 100 or 200.

Love to hear some stories from people who got over 12 percent off MSRP and what negotiations was like why did they think that vehicle was sold.
I will take a look at those. Thank you.

milesjj_20

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
If you're willing to travel, do it. I'm in dirty jersey/ny area and you are paying msrp or slightly below it here... ended up ordering from a dealer in Chantilly VA and was around 7k below msrp for my willys (baby rubi) with the 3.0 diesel. Ordered it and waiting for it to be delivered. FYI, negotiations were rough and you have to be willing to walk away from the negotiations table multiple times.
Yeah, I have found some great deals out of state, and I am OK with paying the delivery fee because in the end I still save a lot compared to what dealers here charge. The only problem is that I won't be able to see the Jeeps in person or test drive them. It's basically blind negotiation. I would hope a 2021 model is defect-less.

Sponsored

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Question does anyone know what the Chrysler Jeep employee Pricing and Affiliate Pricing is for 2021 JL?
CFA Employee Price is typically 5% below dealer invoice (+$200 program fee)

HarleyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2013 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Retired US Navy

So I ended up going through Navy Federal car buying program 3K off MSRP.....there is also COSTCO program and another program someone mentioned on here. Went to 3 different dealers here in SD....Dealer (1) No one even wanted to talk to or help after about 20 minuts so we left (2) Went through the process of ordering but they did not want to discuss price until Jeep had physically arrived on site....Basically said F-Off and left (3) Just wanted to sell what was on the lot at MSRP pretty much said they will not budge on MSRP price (Fair enough see ya). ALL tried to talk me out of ordering because of the wait.....Yeah right they just want the end of the year sell which I understand.......when spending this amount of money I can wait to get exactly what I want. I waited 8 Months on my Raptor .....Lol. They definitely like to play little games....I think the best approach is to work with someone who is recommended by the site, there are some great people out there that really want to help amongst the SHARKS!!!!
Hope this helps some....

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
So I ended up going through Navy Federal car buying program 3K off MSRP.....there is also COSTCO program and another program someone mentioned on here. Went to 3 different dealers here in SD....Dealer (1) No one even wanted to talk to or help after about 20 minuts so we left (2) Went through the process of ordering but they did not want to discuss price until Jeep had physically arrived on site....Basically said F-Off and left (3) Just wanted to sell what was on the lot at MSRP pretty much said they will not budge on MSRP price (Fair enough see ya). ALL tried to talk me out of ordering because of the wait.....Yeah right they just want the end of the year sell which I understand.......when spending this amount of money I can wait to get exactly what I want. I waited 8 Months on my Raptor .....Lol. They definitely like to play little games....I think the best approach is to work with someone who is recommended by the site, there are some great people out there that really want to help amongst the SHARKS!!!!
Hope this helps some....
:captain:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon
I think I will be pulling the trigger on a BN 2021 Rubicon tomorrow. Been shopping around, about 6 dealerships within a 45 mile radius of me and dealers online. I have NO trade. Most dealers dont sell under sticker, found a hand full that are going 1500 or 2000 off. I luckily found a couple days ago the exact one i would build, locally. AND i beat them up over and over and got 3450 off MSRP. Just wondering some of the deals you all got out there on new JLs. Thanks. Merry Xmas​
FWIW I just went through buying a 2 door in October and found that the 7-10% off invoice offers discussed at length here are no longer that great due, largely, in part to COVID and how FCA is paying dealers now. This is what the sales person I was talking to said and he's one of the folks here often quoted who could order "at 7% under invoice no questions asked". His best offer for a 2 door Rubicon build with an MSRP of $49,315 was $45,222 before tax/title/registration. I believe this offer was under invoice pricing, but just barely.

I ended up getting lucky and finding a 2018 used in my area with 99% of my build preferences, 20k miles and unmodified and was able to walk away with that one for a hair over $37k before taxes and fees.
Sponsored